First Verse

☼ Witch's Blood: The Origins ☼

 

Hey Guys! I'm back!
WOW! 43 Subscribers right from the start! So shocked and grateful for all you fellas for joining on the boat! Hahahax! I've decided however, to kick the new subcribers time out of the bucket. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes I had in repeating a subscriber and sometimes forgetting to add in a subscriber in the New Subscribers time list.
SO! To avoid anyone being missed out, I'm just gonna leave it out of the story!
MOVING ON!! Ugh, this chapter took me HOURS and DAYS to do! It's soo HARD man... I had to physically force my brain to think up of better words and till now, I have 4 more verses to fill up. GOOD GOD MAN!
But I'm happy with the overall result! ^_^ *pats self on the back* 
Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and hope you guys enjoy the poems~! ^_^
-Dana (Changed my name cuz saw there's too many Anna's in AFF)
~*~*~*~*~
 
Yunho cleared his throat and everyone looked to his general direction, despite the darkness not allowing any sense of sight. 
"Hyuna, I need your help in this. Please sit next to me." Yunho said and there were shuffling noises as Hyuna made her way to seat next to Yunho. 

Yunho nodded as he felt her presence next to him. "Baekhyun, do you mind helping in this as well?" He asked. 

"It would be an honour, sir." Baekhyun said and he came over next to Hyuna. With that settled, Yunho stood on bended knee behind Hyuna who was sitting cross legged. Baekhyun was beside her, his palm resting on hers. 

"This will take a few moments everyone." Yunho told his audience and he took a deep breath. He placed his palm square on Hyuna's head and Hyuna closed her eyes. Yunho's memories drawn themselves into Hyuna like a magnet and she shook as the memories poured into her. 

All of the sudden, Onew felt a pain in his head. His ears drummed a low droning sound and he started feeling nauseous. Sitting next to him, Victoria sensed something was wrong. She glanced to him blindly due to the darkness and searched for his hand. 

She grabbed his hand successfully and pulled him closer to her, surprising Onew in the process. "Victoria?" He asked. 

"Keep close to me." She said protectively and pushed his head onto her shoulder. "Close your eyes for a bit and take deep breaths. Your Heilige Potentia is trying to escape." She whispered. 

Blinking in surprise now that his head was resting on her shoulder, Onew gulped as his heart hammered hard in his chest. He fist clenched as he felt the warm feeling in his chest again and tried desperately to push them away. As much as he knew that falling in love was wrong, he couldn't help but fall prey to it. His Heiliege Potentia snarled in his head at hearing its vessels thoughts but Onew just blocked him out. 

Onew breathed out, calmed as though all of his troubles were going away and his mental headache disappeared. Deep in the back of his head, Onew hoped for this moment to last forever. 

Feeling Onew eased up, Victoria felt relief washing over her. She had worried that his Heilige powers would prove to be too much for him and she caught herself being protective of him. After being apart for a few days, Victoria couldn't bear to leave out of her sight again. Most of her claims that it was her duty as the Heilige Halter but she knew it was an excuse. 

You're falling in love with him...

Yes, Mistress... Are you angry with me?

Naturally but I guess it can't be helped. It's natural for you to fall in love with him, what after all you two have been through... I won't stop you to it in any case. 

Thank you Mistress...

Victoria sighed after her mental talk and she felt Onew's head turned to hers. "Are you Okay?" He asked. 

Victoria nodded her head and she felt her hand being squeezed softly. Glancing down and realising her hand was still in his, Victoria tried to pull her hand away. 

"Don't." Onew said. 

"Why?"

"Holding your hand calms me down..." He answered and Victoria felt her chest grew warm and tightened. 

"Alright then." She whispered and instinctively leaned her head on his. Onew felt his heart skyrocketing as he felt her head resting on top of his. A soft blush creeped to his face as he calmed down his stupid heart. 

Please make this last... He thought. 

Finally, Yunho lifted his palm of off her head. Knowing what to do next, Hyuna looked over to Baekhyun and nodded. Understanding the order, Baekhyun closed his eyes as Hyuna transferred the memories into him slowly through his palm, not wanting to make Baekhyun go crazy from the sudden gush of memories. 

Yunho stood up and cleared his throat. Instantly, everyone's attention went to him. 

"This is the story of the Cursed Lovers. οι καταραμένοι εραστές." Yunho started and he broke out into the poem. 

Amber's ears perked up. I know this poem. She thought

So do I. She heard Key's thought in her head and she raised her eyebrow. Key can now transmit his thoughts into her? He's improving in his ability. 

Meanwhile, as Yunho started the poem, Baekhyun opened his eyes and mouth towards the centre on the circle. Three beams of light ejected from his mouth and eyes and that formed somewhat like a light screen. Arrays of colours formed on the light screen to mirror the poem Yunho recited in a soft lullaby. Almost like a song. 
Everyone watched Baekhyun's light screen as he portrayed the images he had received from Hyuna and accompanied with Yunho's poem, the whole scene was much like a movie. The lights moved to form a woman and a man before vanishing away like sand, only to form back into a village and change again. Then, the lights showed a dark sky, with a Black Sun and Red Moon.

Here is a tale of timeless old
Of how the moon grew 
Rose red and all

Of how the sky turned dark as tomb
And the sun turned black and cruel doom

The village was old 
And bustled busy
Fishermen fished, farmers farmed
Life was good and easy

Chief of the village and keeper of the laws
Was the faithful and loyal Lores
Their fathers and sons stayed true to their nature
And never forgot their cause

Ladies of the house were bright and beautiful
As true as the day can be
Chastity and baptised were they
Arranged marriage were thee

If there was one fault of the royal household 
Was their strict culture to boot
Slaves to slaves, skin to skin
Marriage outside was taboo

But deep in the night, when the sun goes down
Once the candles grow dim
Every door shall be locked 
And every house shall sleep
Not wanting to draw fear within

For something lurked within the night
Something cruel and dark 
A body shall be found, a scream shall be heard 
A scream as loud as a lark

No one knew who they were
Maybe they could be 'It'
The Lores did nothing to stop the attacks
They hardly cared a whit

Fear grew in the villagers hearts
As the bodies piled up and up
But what was worse then the deaths of them
Was the blood that was clean out

Rumours grew as did their fears
As they gossiped to their hearts content
Another death comes and they will whisper
"Creature of the Night." and repent

But despite all of that, 
The village did prosper
But that all changed one day
On the faithful day
When Death stood tall 
And the clouds turned all a gray

The day started
The morning was bright
Happy and cheer
Little did they know
Oh, how lost they were
That darkness grew near

At the struck of noon 
And Everyone stopped 
The scent of death lingered 
And their eyes filled with shock

The ground shook like Zeus's wrath
As he struck down his lightning bolt
Fire spread across the land
Faster then anyone could, I recalled

The lives lost and the bodies drowned
In the sorrows of men
The screams of women and the cries of child
Met this village's untimely end

Naught was known as how this came about
All they knew... Without a doubt
That a heartbreaking cry was called out

Laid in front of her being, eyes closed and dead
Was her lover of six
His lips bloodied and on his head
Was the mark of the River Styx 

She cried bitterly, her tears staining her gown 
Had she known better then to left him alone
She never knew, she never thought
The one she trusted will let her rot 

Yunho ended the poem softly and looked at the faces of the people within the circle. Thanks to Baekhyun's light screen, he was able to see their reactions to the first portion of the poem. All of their faces had confused looks on them at the dark atmosphere the poem projected. That is save from Amber and Key. This brought an eyebrow raised on Yunho but he quickly recovered. 

"Now, can anyone tell me what this first few verses of the poem meant?" Yunho asked and there were quiet glances at each other. 

"It tells us of the apocalypse that once occurred in the village." A quiet voice called out and all eyes befall upon Amber. She had a stoic face on her. "I've heard of it before..." Amber trailed off. 

"Right. It is about the apocalypse and the village. Mind elaborating more on the verse?" Yunho encouraged her on. 

Amber closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "It tells us of the fabled apocalypse that occurred centuries ago in a distant village. The village was prosperous due to its Royal House, The Lores. The men were loyal and strict and their wives were sworn to no meeting of men till their arranged marriage. They believed in social standards and did not tolerate marriages of outside their social level. Then at night, the village will turn dark and cold as every night, a creature will come and take one of the villagers as his victim. 'Creature of the Night' they called him or it." 

"Then, the poem diverts to the apocalypse. At the struck of noon, the sky turned dark as both sun and moon rose up at the same time. The moon was tainted red and the sun was pitch black. Everyone lost their lives in that small village as the earthquakes gobbled up the villagers."

Yunho nodded his head. "Go on."

Amber blinked her eyes. "But the survivors have recalled that before the struck of noon, they heard an ear piercing scream that echoed up the sky and travelled beyond. It was a woman's cry and the sound that voiced out showed how badly the woman was in pain, as though she had witnessed a terrible tragedy."

"The verse then directs our attention to a lady with her lover, dead at her feet." Key continued for her. "His lips were cold and he was 'marked by the Styx' implied that he was murdered by someone who was sworn to do so. The woman then mourns for her love and regrets leaving him behind and its inferred that the woman was betrayed by someone."

"Very good! You have heard of this poem, I presumed?" Yunho asked. 

Key and Amber nodded their heads and Yunho pulled an expectant smile. "Naturally, considering the fact that both of you are the smartest in your groups." He complimented them. 

Key frowned at this statement. He's not smart. There wasn't a time when he was ever intelligent of the sorts. But then, he recalled back and realised something. Ever since Victoria and her sisters arrived, he felt as though he was getting stronger by the minute. He could read minds at farther distances and his illusions felt more vivid when he was practising. Is it because of F(x)'s presence? Is it because of their magic that somehow influenced him? 

Seating next to him, Amber cocked her head to one side, concerned over his frowning face. Feeling worried, Amber softly placed her hand into his. Key looked up to her, realising he had her hands in his. Amber pulled a concerned smile. "You okay?" She asked. 

A warm soft throbbing appeared in his chest when she said that as Key looked into her eyes unwaveringly. The centre of his core contracted the more he looked into her and he could feel his heart hammering hard. There's no mistake, he thought to himself. I'm in love with you. 

"Nothing." Key quickly said and squeezed her hand. He gave her a reassuring smile and directed his attention back to Yunho.

"Right, I shall continue with the second verse." He cleared his throat. 
~*~*~*~*~
That's about all of our time today folks!
Tune in next time for the Second Verse!
Adios Brochachos!
-Dana