Preface

Happy Family Adventures

*About four years prior to the main story*

A tall tanned skin woman held her wife’s hand tightly as they walked through the beautiful park. It was evening so most of the children had gone home, leaving the couple alone in their own world. Yuri smiled goofily at Jessica as the two had paused to look at the pink roses that had been planted.

“Yul seobang~” murmured Jessica, “why are you staring at me?”

“Cause you’re too beautiful Sica-ah… you’re beauty captivates me…”

Jessica blushed at Yuri’s cheesiness and flicked her lightly on the forehead. Yuri pouted rubbing the spot where her wife had flicked her.

“Owww~! That hurts Jessica~!”

“Quit being a baby Yuri~!”

Yuri continued to pout but the two began their stroll once again. For a few minutes the couple merely walked in silence.

“Hey Yul...”

“Yes Sica?”

“Do you want children… with me… someday?”

Yuri rubbed her chin and pondered over it thoughtfully.

“Well we already have Heechul-ah.”

“Noooo Yuri-ah~…” said Jessica, “like OUR child, not adoption…”

Yuri chuckled at her ice-princess.

“Well if you want one sweetie and if it’ll make you happy then of course I’d love to have one. Except one thing, we’re both girls sweet heart. How is that going to work?”

This time it was Jessica who smiled mischievously.

“I read about a revolutionary new procedure today Yul. They can take your bone marrow and use the stem cells from that to create …”

Yuri’s eyes grew wide.

“WHOOOOAAHHH~! You want me to get my bone-marrow drawn?!?! That’s going to hurt like a bi*@#!”

Jessica shrugged at her wife.

“It’s a small sacrifice considering I have to carry the baby for 9 months…”

Yuri pursed her lips as she thought about the procedure and the prospects of having a REAL family with her beloved. She had always dreamed to have her own children. A child that would look like her and her lover combined. But after she met Jessica Jung, she gave up on that dream. Jessica was her life. If they were having a baby together, it was going to look like Jessica.

Yet now here was an opportunity practically begging at her to take a chance. There was no questioning it. The black pearl made up her mind.
She back hugged Jessica and snuggled into the warmness of her wife’s neck, planting several kisses on the milky flesh.

“Okay Sica-ah~! Let’s get the treatment!”

“Really?!” asked Jessica, her eyes shining with excitement.

Yuri planted a sweet kiss on her wife’s lips.

“Really. Let’s have a baby Sica-ah…”

“I love you Seobang…”

“I love you too Sica-baby…”

“I hope the baby looks like you Yuri-ah~…”

“… Well we’ll see…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Several Months later*

“Yah~! Heechul! Don’t punch Hyukkie and Hae! Play nice with them!” yelled Yuri at her son.

Heechul merely smirked. The three-year old Eunhyuk sniffled as his twin brother, Donghae, tried to comfort him. It was the five-year old Sungmin who came to make peace between the three boys.

Sungmin tried to talk to Heechul, but the older boy yawned. He picked up his soccer ball and began kicking it around. The three boys couldn’t resist the temptation of the soccer ball. Eunhyuk wiped away his tears and soon all four of them were happily playing together.

Yuri rolled her eyes at her son and went back in to talk to Tiffany.

“Sorry Tiff, Chullie was bullying Hyuk and Hae again.”

Tiffany waved her hand nonchalantly.

“It’s fine Yul. They’re just doing what boys do. Let them be.”

“So…” asked Yuri as she chopped up a tomato for a salad, “when are you and Taeyeon going for the treatment?”

Tiffany smiled at the meat she was marinating.

“Tae got her bone-marrow drawn two weeks ago so we’re waiting for the lab to call back and then I guess it’ll go from there. I’m so excited Yuri~!”

“That’s great Tiff! I’m happy for you guys!”

Tiffany grinned.

“So what do you want, a boy or girl?”

Yuri pondered for a while.

“Hmmm… well Sica wants a girl since we already have Heechul. I don’t really have a preference though.”

Tiffany smiled at the thought of a little YulSic girl.

“Well whatever gender it is, I know your baby will beautiful. I can’t wait to meet her or him~!”

“Neither can I Fany, although I think Sica is a bit more impatient…”

“Hey Yuri!” called Taeyeon as she walked into the kitchen with her arms loaded with groceries.

“Tae~! Heard you got some of your bone-marrow taken out. How was that?”

The short kid-like woman winced.

“Gosh Yul, I didn’t know having a baby would hurt that much~!”

Yuri laughed loudly as Taeyeon pouted.

“So where’ your wife Yul?” asked Taeyeon, giving Tiffany a quick kiss.

“She went out shopping with the HyoYoung couple but she should be here soon.”

And as if on cue, Jessica walked into the kitchen running over to Yuri.

“YUUUURI~!!!”

The black pearl grimaced as her wife attacked her with a sudden hug. Ever since Jessica had gotten pregnant, the ice-princess’s mood swings and raging hormones were no joke. Yuri had never seen her wife so clingy before.

“I missed you so much Yuuuri~! And the baby missed you tooooo~!” cooed Jessica, burying herself in Yuri’s neck.

“Say hi to Appa sweetie~!”

Jessica removed herself from Yuri’s neck. She took a hold of her seobang’s hand and led it down to her bulging belly.

Yuri rubbed Jessica’s small, but growing baby bump as she was only 4 months pregnant.

“Hey there my little ball of sunshine, how was shopping with Umma?”

The black pearl giggled as she could feel warmth radiating from their baby.

“TaeNy! YulSic! Guess who’s hereeeeeeee~?” boomed a loud voice.

It was none other then Sooyoung. Hyoyeon followed holding their happy and giggling 7 month year old girl in her arms.

Taeyeon greeted Hyoyeon, as Tiffany excitedly made her way over to her niece.

“Hi there Sunny~! Come to Auntie Fany~!” cooed the eye-smiling woman.

Sunny giggled and sent an equally cute eye-smile back at her aunt as she eagerly went to Tiffany’s arms.

“Aigoooo~! You’re toooo cuuuute Sunny-ah~!!!!”

Taeyeon and Tiffany continued to play with their niece. Hyoyeon helped Yuri with dinner, while Sooyoung happily talked to Jessica. It was usual for the three families to gather together and have dinner. They took turns hosting every two weeks or so.

As the adults began to set the table the four boys walked into the kitchen from outside. A bored looking Heechul, being pulled by the excited Sungmin, walked in first, followed by EunHae who were chatting excitedly, hands linked.

“Umma!” yelled Heechul as soon as he had spotted Jessica.

The ice-princess smiled at her son who hurriedly rushed to his mom’s open arms. Yuri watched the scene and rolled her eyes. She thought that Heechul was exactly like Jessica. The boy showed his mother’s iciness and rather sassy nature to everyone around him. He reserved his aegyo for only his mom. Heechul was smiling and excitedly chattering away about his day, while Sica listened patiently.

“Heechul-hyung~!” called out little Sungmin who was now proudly holding his younger sister in his arms.

“This is my baby sister, Sunny! I told you she was cute~!”

Sunny babbled incoherently while slobbering all over Sungmin’s clean shirt. She was laughing in delight as her older brother made silly faces at the baby girl. Heechul watched this scene in disgust as his friend had his manhood practically ripped away from him as he played with his baby sister.

Heechul silently slipped his hands into Jessica’s, making the ice-princess look away from the cute scene of the Choi siblings.

“Yes Chullie?” asked Jessica kindly looking down at her son.

“Am I going to become like that too Umma? When the baby is born?” he asked, his brown eyebrows furrowing and his red lips frowning.

Jessica chuckled.

“Perhaps… you don’t want to play with your baby sister or brother?”

“I don’t want to be a kkab like Yul-Appa,” responded Heechul nonchalantly.

Yuri scowled as Jessica couldn’t stop chortling at her son.

“I heard that Heechul-ah!”

Heechul shrugged at his appa, staring at his umma’s baby bump.

“When is he or she coming Umma?” he asked rubbing it gently.

“In 5 months sweetie, excited?”

Heechul frowned and pouted slightly.

“I’m nervous… what if he or she doesn’t like me Umma?”

Jessica planted a small kiss on Heechul’s wide forehead, comforting the nervous boy.

“You’re going to be a great brother Heechul-ah, don’t worry…”

The little boy smiled widely as Jessica hugged her son. She could feel warmth of the baby within her as she held Heechul closer to her.
She couldn’t wait for the five months to come.

*4 months later*

Tiffany had definitely gone over the top with the pink “It’s a girl!” decorations. Every inch of the Kwon mansion was covered in varieties of different shades of pink. Tiffany had filled the house with pink baby rattles, pink baby bibs, pink teddy bears, etc… any and every pink baby products that she could find.

Being that the parents were the CEO of Kwon Enterprise and a national idol, practically all of Seoul had been invited to the baby shower and it was getting international coverage.

Jessica sat in the living room with her stomach as big as the full moon. Hyoyeon and Tiffany were arguing over the placement of the huge banner, as the ice-princess sat there looking bored.

Standing next to her was Yuri, proudly resting one hand on her wife and the other on Heechul. She was talking to Taeyeon and Sooyoung, discussing their latest collaborative project.

Yuri was supposed to design the costumes of the debut of a boy group. She was having trouble with the designs as the three couldn’t decide on the concept. Sooyoung, who had been training the boys on how to act, wanted a flower boy concept. While Taeyeon argued she had just released a flower boy group the year before.

Heechul was starting to look bored as the group of adults was extremely boring. The kids were in the other room and he longed to go play with them. But he felt that he had a duty that kept him away from his friends.

“Heechul-ah~” called Jessica.

“Yes Umma? Do you have to go to the bathroom again?”

“Aniyo Heechul-ah,” chuckled Jessica, “why don’t you go and play with the others?”

Heechul shook his head vigorously.

“No Umma. I have to stay here. It’s my duty as her big brother to protect my sister.”

Yuri smiled down at her son as she had heard his response. She shared a look with Jessica who seemed equally happy with Heechul’s answer. The expectant mother patted Heechul’s smooth black locks.

“Chullie-ah, I’ll be fine Appa is here. Besides I think Sungmin is looking for you.”

She pointed to where Sungmin was smartly dressed in his suit, craning his neck in search of the older boy. He finally spotted Heechul and waved at the older boy.

“HEECHUL HYUNG!”

Heechul didn’t wave back but he gave Sungmin a small smile.

“Go on Chul-ah, go and play with Sungmin.”

“Are you sure you don’t want me to stay?” asked the boy hesitantly.

Jessica nodded.

“I don’t think you’re sister would want you to be bored at her baby shower. Go on and play! We’ll be fine!”

Heechul turned to kiss his umma on the cheek and then kissed the baby bump.

“Oppa will be back soon~! Be good to Umma arasso?”

The baby inside kicked happily and Heechul smiled before running off with his friends.

Jessica watched the retreating back of her small son fondly, tears forming in her eyes. She turned to look up at her wife and saw the same adoring gaze in the familiar brown orbs of her lover.

“Hey Yul~...”

Yuri leaned closer as Taeyeon and Sooyoung had begun to yell.

“Yes Sica?”

Jessica smiled

“I think we have the perfect family…”

Yuri watched her son play and turned to look down at her pregnant wife.

“Yeah… I know.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

*Approximately a month later*

It was 3 am and Jessica had got into labor several hours before. Everyone had been called as the black pearl frantically drove her wife to the hospital. Yuri had obviously been allowed into the room but the rest of the gang had to wait.

So Sooyoung sat next to the nervous and sulking Heechul, glancing at her watch and staring at the door. Sungmin was next to Heechul, half-asleep. Hyoyeon was snoring away softly as she held a sleeping Sunny.

Taeyeon paced down the long hallway to stay awake. Donghae, thinking his Appa was playing a game, followed Taeyeon’s example. Tiffany was nervously biting her nails as Eunhyuk was fast asleep, using her lap as his pillow.

“What’s taking them so long Aunt Soo?” asked Heechul tapping his foot.

“It’s always like this Chullie. You’ll get to see your sister soon, don’t worry bud.”

Sungmin patted Heechul’s hand comfortingly and gave him a sleepy smile.

“Are you excited to meet your sister Hyung?”

“Of course I am. But she’s taking too long~!”

Heechul had his arms crossed.

The small bunny boy laughed.

“I bet she’s going to be cute,” added Sungmin now humming softly.

Heechul rolled his eyes at the younger boy.

“She’s MY baby sister. It’s guaranteed that she’s going to be adorable and extremely good looking!”

~~~~~

Inside the hospital room, Yuri was in pure hell. Apparently so was Jessica.

“OH MY GOD~! YUUUURRRIIIIIII~!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The black pearl winced painfully as her hand was turning purple from the lack of oxygen since Sica was holding onto it.

“The contractions are coming at a faster rate now Mrs. Kwon. You’ll be able to push her out soon…” said the midwife cheerfully.

“NO DUH THEY’RE COMING FASTER- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!!!!!!!”

Jessica’s high-pitched dolphin scream sounded throughout the ward.

“I AM GOING TO MURDER YOU WHEN THIS IS DONE KWON YURI!!!”

“W-Why me??” squeaked Yuri, wincing again.

“YOU GOT ME PREGNANT AND- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~! GOD DAMNIT~!!! GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME YURIIII~! NOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!”

“Doctor when can she push?!?!” yelled Yuri past her wife’s screaming.

“All right Mrs. Kwon, you can push now~!”

“YUUUUUUUUUUUL~!!!!!!”

“YOU’RE DOING SO GREAT SWEETIE~!! YOU CAN DO IT!”

“And here she comes~! Oh my! I can see her head, such beautiful black hair!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~! GOD YUUUUUURIIIIIIII~!”

“One more push baby, just one more~! Puuuuuush!”

“DON’T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT TO DO KWON YURI! AHHHHHHHHHH!”

A loud wail of a newborn now echoed throughout the whole hospital.

“My~! What a gorgeous baby girl. A good set of lungs too~!”

“Looks like she got your voice Sica~…” murmured Yuri softly.

Jessica panted tiredly closing her eyes and finally letting go of Yuri’s tortured hand. The black pearl slumped into a seat next to the bed as she wiped off her sweat, not believing that their baby was finally born.

“Great job honey~! You did it! We have a baby girl~!” whispered Yuri as she kissed her wife’s face.

Jessica nodded, too weary to respond as the nurses worked around her, finishing the medical procedures. Yuri didn’t dare to look down as she her wife’s arm, never looking away from their tiny baby girl as she was getting cleaned.

The midwife soon turned around, smiling. She held a small pink bundle.

“Here you are~! You’re baby girl! I have to say, I’ve seen many babies as a midwife, but she’s definitely a beauty. Congratulations!”

Jessica sat up and held her baby close to her chest, loving the warmth from her tiny daughter who curled up.

“Yul~! Look at her! She’s so cute~!”

Yuri touched one of the baby’s small hands and the newborn wrapped her hand around it.

“She’s beautiful Sica… so which one is it going to be sweetie? Yoonhee or Hana?”

“Seobang-ah… I think I want her name to be Yoona~…”

“Yoona?”

Jessica nodded as she watched the baby sleep.

“She doesn’t look like a Yoonhee or Hana. She’s more of a Yoona… What do you think Yul?”

Yuri stared down at her tiny daughter and finally smiled. She motioned to Jessica that she wanted to hold their baby. Jessica smiled and nodded. So Yuri carefully lifted their newborn up from her wife’s embrace.

The little baby girl immediately burrowed into the warmth of Yuri’s chest and continued to sleep. Yuri couldn’t stop smiling as tears of joy ran down her face.

“Welcome to the world my beautiful Yoona, Appa loves you so much~”

~~~~~~~~

Heechul practically brought the door down as he ran into his umma’s room to meet his baby sister. Yuri was close behind him chuckling at the young boy’s impatience.

“UMMA!”

Jessica brought a single finger up to her lips, signaling quiet. Yoona was in deep slumber.

“I-I-Is that her Umma? My baby sister?”

“Mhmm, come and say hello to her Heechul~!”

Heechul nervously stepped forward and walked over to the hospital bed.

“Yoona-ah say hello to your elder brother, Heechul~!” said Yuri softly.

The young boy sat on a chair as Jessica carefully transferred her daughter into her son’s small arms. Yuri placed her arm around her wife as she watched their two children meet for the first time.

Heechul stared at Yoona in bewilderment. He couldn’t stop staring and gaping at how small his newborn sister was!

“Hello Yoona~ I’m your brother, Heechul. You can call me Oppa~…”

Yoona smiled softly in her sleep as if knowing her older brother was now here and she was well protected. A wide smile was etched onto Heechul’s face.

“Appa! Umma! She smiled at me!”

YulSic chuckled.

“I’m going to be a good older brother okay Yoona-ah?”