006

I Love You, Monkey!

Injoo POV

I felt butterflies in my stomach when I realized how warm his hand was. Maybe it was because the fact that I'm cold from swimming or that he was just so... warm? These felt so odd but good in a weird way. I turned my gazed and look at him. The wind blew his brown hair away. 

I feel the urged to touch that smooth hair but I reprimanded myself of how much the monkey hate me. Baekhyun didn't score me a glance as he led our way home. 

As a matter of time that we arrived home. Saera's laughter filled the living room as she laughed over running man that was showing on tv. Her head arched back a little as another laughter came from her. 

I simply walked upstairs leaving Baekhyun who went to the bathroom. Everytime I caught the photo of us when we were younger, I yearned for that time. The time when I was Baekhyun's doll. Even there was this one time when my dad said that I looked like Baekhyun's doll because I am everywhere he was.

With a quick shower, I ate my dinner a moment later before heading back into my room. Till midnight, I didn't even realize that the time had passed by so quickly. Or is it because I was literally daydreaming? 

There was a knock on my door. I muttered a 'come in' before the said person came in. 

"Why aren't you sleeping yet?" a familiar voice says. I hurriedly his my journal in the drawer. "Oh, umm, nothing." my head shook a little. 

Baekhyun blinked and nodded. "Did you changed your shampoo?" He asked as he laid himself on my bed. I stiffened. How in the world does he knows?

"Yeah since I am getting tired of the usual ones." I shrugged when inside I am puzzled as well. There was a short silenced before he mumbled something that I heard quite well. 

"Will you get tired of me too someday?" I looked at him although I am hesitating. His eyes were closed while his arms were folded behind his head. 

"Baekhyun." I uttered, feeling completely lost where this conversation is leading to. "Injoo, I may sounds ridiculous to you. But I really love you. I lied..." His voice trailed off before he sat up on my bed. Still my eyes didn't even leave him.

"I lied that I lost my memory"

"You What?!" I found myself in raged with his confession.

He sighed. "At first, I do really lost my memory but when the morning where you woke up of me in front of you, I am the evil Byun Baekhyun. The Baekhyun when you returned to Seoul after leaving for Australia."

I could not teared my gazed at him. This whole confession was crazy. I shook my head. "No. Baekhyun, listened. If you think by lying to me you will own my heart, then that is absolutely NOT." I found myself close my eyes for a few seconds before opening it again to only seeing Baekhyun reaching for my hands.

"Injoo, that's not it. I'm being like this because I wanted us to be comfortable together again just like how we used to. I know you have a crush on Kai. I won't force you because I wanted you yourself to love me too. I'm sorry if I hurt you." His left hand slipped, cupping my other side cheek. I looked into his eyes intently.

His eyes were my favorites and had always been. Maybe he doesn't know what did he does to me with all his words, voice, warmth and so. I had always like him too. More than I like Kai. Then, when he confessed I tried so hard to not believing those. Just so I won't get hurt once this is over. 

"Baekhyun..." I trailed off this time. "Hmm," he hummed and raised his eyebrows.

"I like you too." I said in almost a whispered before he enveloped me in a hug. This was what I imagined years ago when I returned back to Seoul. Where he would hug me like always. When it was really happening now, I found myself being an emo.

"Injoo, forgive me for behaving so bad to you." he kissed the top of my ear lightly. They send shivers to my spine in a way I like it.

I pulled away. "It's okay. Just, don't do it again." My hands rested on his chest. The gap between us was so small like only less than fifteen centimetres away.

I could clearly feel his heart beating against my palm. "Will you be my official girlfriend now?" His eyes searched for mine.

I blinked slightly taken aback. "W-What? No. I can't." I said as I stood up from my chair. 

He stood up as well, "Why? Don't tell me because you love Kai?" His voice raised a little. 

I shook, "NO! I-I have dreams and what would they say later on Baek. I am no one, Baekhyun. Let's just,"

"What? Be like this and keep our feelings to each other? You know what? Forget it." He said leaving my room. I was sad and truly disappointed in myself.

After that night, I constantly didn't talk with Baekhyun for a week. He would rather talked with everyone else but not me. And that was how he used to treat me before the so-called-lost-memory of his. I would felt jealous everytime Bomi walking with him in the hallway.

"Yah, Injoo." Dani called me. I blinked a few times before registering what she had said. "I was talking to you the whole time and your mind was wandering off? You are wasting my saliva." She squinted her eyes as she bit on her fries.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

"About what?" Dani didn't even spare me to think of what I could mustered up. Just then, Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun and Chanyeol came towards our table.

Dani was literally panicking. Her crush was heading her way. I know because she told me everything. Dani is a good friend I tell you. She would tell you like almost everything. Either it was private or not. That's what I admired her.

"Hey Injoo," Kai patted my head as he slipped next to me on the bench. I threw him a small smile when I caught Baekhyun glancing my way.

Maybe he stills care about me, I thought. "Aren't you going to eat that fries?" Chanyeol pointed at Dani's fries and popped it into his mouth before Dani says a word. He grinned brightly at Dani. I turned to look at Sehun but he just looked away from them two. 

Kai shoved his chocopie on the table and pushed it to me. "For you."

I broke in to unknown smile and took it. "Thank you. Where did you get it?" He shrugged and smiled, "A cousin of mine had just got back from Malaysia. It's really addicting, you should try it." He motioned towards the said stuff.

When recess finished, the six of us walked to the hallway to bump with L. A few months ago, we realized that L has a big crush on Dani in which it was unreturnable. Moreover, he stalked her that's why Dani refused to date him. And even so, Dani like Sehun.

The awkward shifting of Dani's body movement told me that the piercing stared by L was really uncomfortable. Before I could even utter a word, Sehun pushed the others and walk side by side with Dani. Dani was as confused as I am. We all know Oh Sehun didn't pay any attention to any girl except if the girl was his senior.

I was in the art room while trying to fixed my painting which due by tomorrow when someone walked in with a sulky face. It turns out that it was none other than Baekhyun.