001

I Love You, Monkey!

One Summer's Day

 

"What?!" Dad exclaimed ever so much that it's too hard for me to not care about whatever he's conversing on the phone. Mom is now looking at him waiting patiently on what he's going to say after this. He had been on the phone since last few seconds ago when he decided to call my uncle, Uncle Hyunbae. Our families were so close to each other to the point where my dad is like another brother of my uncle. They had been together since younger. 

I slowed down the volume of my ipod. Just in case if dad going to say something. 

"What happened? Where are you now?... I'll come over. Give me 10 minutes," that was the last thing dad said on the phone till he slipped his phone inside his trouser's pocket again.

By now, mom's ready to interview him. "What happened?" As if on cue, she'd asked dad.

"Baekhyun was involved in an accident. He broke one of his leg," dad told her as he makes a swift U-turn over the road. 

"Oh  my Jesus." Mom gasped, like it was the worst thing ever. My mom is a really religious person.

The question is; How did Byun Baekhyun managed to get in to an accident? He was perfectly fine last night as long as I remember. 

Great. Now the summer vacation is going to ruin. I should've sense this earlier. That kid seriously owe me something. Now, my plan of having a good time of my life had all crushed down. Why oh why must it be you?

I sighed. The songs playing through the headset is useless. I'm paying no attention to it. It's not like I hate him. Baekhyun and me were so closed to where we can even separate. But as time goes on, my family and me had moved to Australia as dad got transfer there. And for sure, I made a brief transfered there. 

I am still confused until this day, why Byun Baekhyun acting so strange towards me? Even when the people were around. Mostly when the two families were together, he'll ignored me and only talked to me with that fake friendship we have. Things had changed, so much. Am I that abhorrent to him? 

It was still fresh in my mind when he came home one day after school to find me was at his house. I thought we'll be just perfectly fine like before. Where we could greet each other like we have been together forever. However, this is much more far from what I actually thought. He's dismissing me. Like he hates me or something. You could never guess about what on his mind. 

He's the real bipolar. At one minute, he'll be all nice to me in front of the family members, then he'll be all cold when we're alone. He's no longer the old Byun Baekhyun I had once knew before. Not that Monkey anymore.

When our car arrived in front of the hospital, dad dropped us to the entrance. Following my mom, we headed towards the ward room. 

414. With the name of Byun Baekhyun written on it. As we arrived there, mom didn't even think twice and just swiftly opened the door. There he was, lying on the bed what mostly looked like he's unconscious, with his leg hang in the air tied up from the steel rod above.

He'd looked pretty much injured. Not to mention, his head was wrapped perfectly with a white bandage. That's when aunt Heejoo called me, "Injoo! Oh Injoo," she embraced me tightly with the tears threathening to fall from her eyes socket.

I can't help but to reply her hugged. "Injoo, our Baekhyunnie is hurt." Aunt Heejoo stated. There were so much pain in her voice for me to ignore. How can I ignore her? She's like another mother to me with her endless love towards even when I wasn't her daughter.

Saera threw me a helpless smile when I looked at her. Saera is the only daughter of the family, with her career that put their family becomes more easier. Rather than saying her the daughter of the family, she's more like the son of the family with the attention were all on her. But she's a really filial daughter and noona to Baekhyun.

As we grew up together, Saera unnie really treated me like I'm her sister afterall. I admire her. Admire her beauty, her career, her appearance and it's all about her that I'd always admired since younger.

Mom approached Aunt Heejoo as they talked about what happened to Baekhyun actually.

what happened to him was he got hit by a car as he was crossing the road and the driver was actually drunk. To this the doctor said that he injured his head pretty bad. In addition, Baekhyun wasn't like other boys, who'd probably using bicycle, motorbike or car; he used the mighty skateboard of his. 

I was too observed by his condition that I didn't realized when did Saera came by my side. 

"The doctor said he probably lost his memory after they removed blood clots in his brain." She stated as a matter of fact. Saera probably know a little or so about the medical. She's a dentist herself.

"Oh," was the only thing I managed to utter. There wasn't anything else for me to say actually.

"If he didn't wake up in this short period of time, the memory lost would be greater." She continued despite the reply I gave to her. I turned at her. Although she looks perfectly fine, but the emotion on her face shows it well that she's as worried a hell. Why not, it's her freaking only brother. She had no other siblings other than that Byun fcuking Baekhyun.

"Don't worry, unnie. Let's pray the best for him. I'll even helped to look after him." I touched her arms lightly trying to console her. She smiled gratefully as she put her hands on top of mine. 

"Thank you Injoo ah. You're such a nice dongsaeng."

I shrugged. "It's the least I could do. We're family though," and with that she nodded. A minute felt like an hour when you stayed at a place like the hospital. Because damn much, it's bored as hell. Two, there's nothing you could even do other than sitting there like a statue. And for the least, I can finished my homework as I looked after this monkey.

+ + + + +

A week turned into months eventually since Baekhyun had involved in the accident. After Saera and Aunt Heejoo left the ward room, I started with my homework which I volunteerly to get from the teachers. It wasn't my intention to, it was because I was one of the selected student targeted as an excellent student.

I was more good for a certain subject rather than all. Of course, English is the main subject I excelled in. Because I used to live in Australia, it helped me a lot by improving my language.

I sighed. This won't do. I'm doomed. Nothing could help me right now. With the sound of the monitor beeping, the steam sounds came from the mouth of the penguin, it's interfering my attention. Instead, I grabbed a nail clipper Saera had left on the desk asking me to cut the Monkey's nail. Saera was in hurry for her duty and had no choice but to leave her brother.

Hesitating a little, I took his right palm and gripped on his thumb and started cutting the nails. As I was cutting his pinky finger, I had almost jumped as the nail clipper stuck deeper than it should have when the door swung opened. His friends, Chanyeol and Kai entered the room.

I practically looked at Baekhyun. Was it just me or that I actually did saw him fibbed. Kai and chanyeol. KAI?! Omg!

I gulped. Kai is here. Slowly, I turned my head around towards the two direction. "Injoo?" Kai said.

Jesus. He's talking to me. My crush is talking to me! I could be more than happy. "Y-Yeah" Lamely, I stammered. 

"What are you doing here?" Chanyeol butted in. Uh-oh. How should I answer that one. "Err- I was... Visiting him." Lies. 

The latter nodded as they two sauntered over. Kai poked on Baekhyun's leg that was hanging and casted. "When will he wakes up?" Kai asked.

I shrugged, "I'm not sure about that. The doctor said that it's depend on his own condition too."

Chanyeol tangled his eyebrows together. "I've never know that Baekhyun and you were this close," He pinched his forefinger and thumb together in a motion. 

I literally cursed myself in my head. Praying that he won't ask more about our relationship. As long as I know, no one at school knows about our situation. That I am living under the same roof with the Byun Baekhyun. The guy that stole the hearts of many girls in school. 

"Anyway, did you practised for the upcoming competition?" Kai shoot another question. It was better that way. "I had only practised once or twice for now. I was quite-err busy lately too." I explained, careful enough trying not to reveal my actual activity lately.

He smiled. "It's okay, as long as you'd practised. The competition is within a month right?"

I nodded. It was too much for me. Kim Jongin's smile is my favourite thing ever. It was so genuine that I probably swooned for days. 

And the dreams could go overboard.

 

By: andromedas9605

Chapter 1, Wed 25 Sept. 2013

xoxo

 to all subscribers :D