We are Band Vocalists

We are both Singers

 

 

YOU/YEONIE

 

 

 

“Chen!” I called out to the guy whose walking like he has four legs.

“Wait! You troll!” I shout at him and took a minute to regain my normal breathing because we’ve been running the whole time. We’re not late yet for school but this guy, being a troll, knowing that I have a low stamina especially for running always make me run to him.

He stopped too to look at me, but instead of being worried to his, for unicorn’s sake, best friend, he grinned and let out a chuckle, I promise, I’ll be the reason for his death someday.

“Look at that face Yeonie, you look like you ran a marathon.” He teasingly said while walking to my way.

I stood up straight and drink the water I have in my hands, well I’m ready because I know Chen will do this.

Okay, even though he’s my best friend, I’m serious to have him get his lessons today.

 

I punched his shoulders making him groan in pain. I laughed at his face after it.

Then I walked ahead, ignoring him. But I didn’t heard footsteps at my back so I looked back at him and saw him still groaning in pain while holding his shoulders.

I quickly ran to him and lift his face,

“A-are you okay Chen? Did it hurt that much? Ohmygee, I’m so sorry, I promise to never do it again.” I said with full of concern in my face.

After a good number of seconds, I heard him giggling with a smile plastered in his face.

 

I was fooled by this troll again. Damn.

I pushed him making him fall to the ground but he’s still laughing.

“That’s mean; I thought I really hurt you Chen.” I said, I’m having enough of his plays; it’s not getting funny anymore.

I know I’m his best friend and jokes are jokes, but it still should have limits.

 

But he’s still laughing though it’s less loud than earlier.

 

 

Okay, that’s it.

 

 

 

“Fine, draw your best friend in your palm and she will be your new best friend from now on. Because I’ve had enough of you! Bye!” I shouted in his face.

And before I can see his face or hear his reply, I run to school like a leopard is after me.

 

 

 

 

“Good Morning Yeonie!”

“You look pretty Yeonie!”

“I’m looking forward to your next performance!”

Same sentences I hear every day from the people on the campus.

Well, I, I mean we, I and Chen are quite popular in the school because we’re the School’s Representatives in Singing. We are vocalists in our own bands, soloists in our Chorales, and we’re always there when there’s a Singing Contest.

Though I don’t really like the attention we get, I kinda got used to it.

Chen started my day so bad but showing it to the people who greets and idolizes you is not good, so not only in singing, but I’m also used to having a different face plastered whenever people greets or sees me, well for those who I’m not really close to.

 

“Good Morning to you also.” I answer them with a full smile. Plus some waves and little bows and nods to the other people, including teachers and staffs.

 

“Yeonie!” After smiling to a girl who’s waving at me, I turned back to the person who called me.

 

“Dara!” I called to her too. She’s our lead guitarist in my band. Also she’s the Campus Princess, all guys fall on their seat whenever she look at them, but she’s still humble, approachable and friendly despite all the love and attention she receives.

We hugged at each other though she’s currently holding her guitar on a case.

She looked around and I know what she’s going to ask,

“I’ve got enough of his trolling and pranks so I left him in the middle of the street on our way to school. Don’t you protect him Dara, because that’s it. I’m not talking to him.” I explained with a stern look and Dara just nodded.

“So… are you ready to practice later for the Rock-Band Contest?” Dara asked while we’re making our way to our classroom, still smiling to the people greeting us.

“I’m always ready when it comes to singing.” I said to her and we both giggled.

 

Then I heard some squeals and I know who it is.

“Hey! Yeonie!” Chen called while girls are looking at him with admirations and some squeals and blushes on their cheeks.

 

I didn’t turned around and just continue walking.

 

“Yeonie, you, why did you leave me behind?” Chen already managed to catch up with us and is now holding my shoulders.

“Well, Chen, try imagining, I’m doing all those pranks and jokes to you that you do to me, and try not to be mad. If you already stopped imagining, then I guess you can say sorry.” I said with an irritating tone and stared at him.

 

“Okay, okay I’m sorry and I promise to not do it ever again. Cross my heart.” He said as he made a cross-sign in his chest where the heart is located, our sign of giving promises.

 

“Ummnn..” I trailed off while tapping my chin with my left fingers and looked at him.

 

I leaned in to his ears and I think I got a glance of him blushing but shrugged it off and whispered.

 

“Capital N, capital O... N.O,   NO!” I whispered but the last word is a shout making Chen hold his ears.

 

“Let’s go Dara, we still need to get ready for classes and band practice.” I leaned back and held Dara’s arms and walked away, leaving a flustered Chen.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

(AUTHOR: I wrote these lyrics myself, it may sound cheesy for you because it was inspired by Unicorns, lol. Kidding.)

 

 

 

“The darkness will eat you alive

If you don’t look straight at me in the eyes

This is the only hope we got

So don’t stop now”

 

 

 

I sung the last verse of our song.

“Something wrong, Yeonie?” Chaerin asked, our drummer, the girl who has an alter ego on stage. She’s a Baddass on stage, Cute and Behaved off stage.

 

I shook my head after drinking from my water bottle and looked at her,

 

“I’m perfectly fine Chaerin, it’s just that Chen started my day so bad.”

Bom laughed and patted my shoulders,

 

“You know Yeonie, sometimes boys have a different way to show their affections.” She said and went back to arrange the notes on her keyboard.

 

I pouted not understanding and Minzy put a towel in my face, our bass guitarist.

 

“Hey, what was that for?” I asked her while throwing back the towel to her.

She giggled but then said in a serious tone,

 

“Yeonie Unnie, you just don’t know how lucky you are. At least you can be with him.” She said, I got shocked by it but kept my mouth closed. And the atmosphere turned to a cold one.

 

To ease it, Dara clapper her hands twice and invited us to a dinner in her house. We all gladly accepted it and fixed our things.

 

While I’m on my way to my locker, I already saw Chen standing by it.

I ignored his presence and continued to place my books in my locker.

 

After I locked it, Chen is already facing me just inches away and it startled me.

“What the heck Chen, you look creepy, get away.” I said while trying to push him away.

He held my wrists and it’s like there’s a ‘sorry’ plastered in his face.

 

“I’m sorry Yeonie, I promise to never troll you again, it’s getting lonely when you don’t even talk to me. Please..~” He asked with his aegyo. Argh. This guy also knows my weaknesses.

 

“You.. if you really promise that, then I guess, we’re best friends again.” I said and gave him a little smile.

 

Then he hugged me tightly. I almost suffocated if it weren’t for Luhan.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

OHMYGEE.

 

 

 

 

 

 

LUHAN..?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

SO…

Hehe.

 

Sorry if it’s not good, but I promise to make it better. Sorry guys.

 

I still love you all btw.

 

Muwah~! :D