Little Merman 2

Little Merman

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

When I became old enough my life revolved around the mermaid and I set out to find him again. I didn't know anything about the creature; I didn't even know his name but I was so drawn to him and was lucky enough to meet a few willing men, just as curious about mermaids and the like, so as soon as I inherited my dad's boat I became the captain and my quest was made.

 

Needless to say we never found him. I've been searching for two long years but was still so far from giving up, even with my crew growing unfaithful and disconcerned with our hunt we pressed on.

 

My crew, as I've said, has become lazy and now hardly searches at all. They've succumb to tossing a net and dragging it in. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they tell me they're quite done with this adventure and quit, whether all at once or one by one but my hopes at finding the beautiful boy increased ten fold when the waves turned rough and the sea black. Something was different in this ocean and I'll be damned if I'm not the one to find it.

 

I couldn't help but run onto the deck when screaming was heard but excited shouts nearly over road them. When I showed myself my crew was thoroughly pleased with themselves, despite the obviously lessened number of men. It seemed because a mermaid sat on my ship. The crew didn't pause before attacking the seemingly defenseless being that curled in on itself in defense, my blood ran cold at the site and I stepped in, shoving the older men away with an angry scowl.

 

“What the hell do you think we were searching for? So you could all have your fun with a mystical creature. Bunch of idiots!” I shout as they watch me, dumbfounded but when their eyes land on the mermaid's they become silent and calmly step off the boat. I watch in horror as they numbly jump into the water, only to be swallowed by screams as soon as the waves hit them, still the rest of my crew jumps, one at a time and I stand, horrified, looking into the mermaids eyes myself and I'm stuck perfectly still, unable to save my men or myself.

 

The chaos dies and the night is silent aside from the thrashing against my boat; because I'm the only one left.

 

“Jonghyun. You've grown so handsome.” That, too familiar, sultry voice wakes me from my mourning and I stare again, letting my mouth fall open. “It seems you remember me.” He teases and I'm immediately comfortable in his presence.

 

“I've searched for you...for so long.” I mumble my confession and a giggle escapes the mermaid's lips.

 

“Innocent as ever. Why would you search for me, Jonghyun? Don't you remember what I did to your father's crew.” I nod dumbly. “But still here you stand.” He smirks and I swallow dryly.

 

“But that's not entirely my choice. Is it?” I my head and the boy grins.

 

“You've finally caught on.” I sigh and he chuckles. “You saved me again. I'm beginning to think I owe you.” My eyes lift to his and I take a deep breath and smile shyly at him.

 

“I just wanted to see you.” I admit and the mermaid's eyes glaze over, making something stir deep inside me.

 

“A romantic, are we?” He questions and my breathing becomes raged at the sound of his words.

 

“Can you stop?” I plea for the manipulation to end. “I'm not comfortable with you controlling my mind or body.” He begins to laugh hysterically, throwing his head back. It would be almost menacing if he didn't look so carefree and happy.

 

“Smarter than you look, lover boy.” He begins to approach me, slowly but without warning. “Strong willed it seems.” He giggles and is finally right in front of me, letting me take note of every beautiful feature once again. “Would you like a reward for saving me, kind stranger?” I bite my tongue, observing his perfect expression only a bit longer. He's grown even more stunning over these past ten years. “Is that a yes?” He hums and pets my cheek softly, his soft looking lips grow closer to mine and I begin to let my eyes slip closed but my thoughts still escape, as a whisper, from my lips.

 

“Don't kill me.” I beg and the mermaid's breath catches, making my eyes open in apology for offending him. His perfect white teeth tug at his bottom lip as he stares back at me but this time no attempt to confuse my mental state is made. He suddenly appears so innocent and I reach out to pet his head absently but he leans into the touch with a soft smile.

 

“I don't want to kill my savior.” He answers and I breath a relieved sigh before his lips press to mine.

 

I'd been kissed before, of course I had but the kiss of a mermaid sent my mind reeling. The sweet taste of his skin and the soft pressure of his perfectly shaped plump lips made me go blank and I was at his mercy. He took no advantage however, at least for now, only wrapping me in his, again, surprisingly warm embrace and I kissed him back with all the emotions that were overwhelming my helpless mortal body. He smiled into the kiss and nipped at my lips in a warning but I dismiss it, letting my tongue peek out to taste the boy, only to have him pull away just as his lips begin to succumb.

 

“You are-” He stops, seemingly unwilling to finish whatever thought he had but I dismiss it, reaching to pull him into a soft hug that shocks him.

 

“I'm in love.” I admit and the mermaid stiffens.

 

“You're brain washed.” He scoffs and I trap his blushing cheeks in my hands.

 

“I've been in love with you for ten years. I promise I'm not confused, I'm just unlucky.”

 

“You know nothing about me, you shallow idiot.” He scold and I let half a sad smile come to my lips.

 

“You're merciful.” He stills. “I don't know why but you are and you're mysterious and charming, and I want to know all about you. Starting with your name.” I admit in defeat and the mermaid clicks his teeth thoughtfully.

 

“It's Key.” He admits and I sigh in ecstasy at the sound of his name.

 

“Key-” I stop, staring into his eyes with a hopeful stare. “I want to see you again.” His teeth grind in distaste but he seems almost smitten at my words and I smile as charmingly as I can manage, lacing his fingers into mine. “I know it's unconventional and I'm an idiot for asking but if I have to I'll search another ten years just to have another moment with you.” I kiss his fingers, his breathing stops and he pulls away, making my face fall.

 

“But you're a handsome idiot and you saved me.” He pauses, making my hopes rise immeasurably. “So I'll make it easy for you. Meet me at the coral reef, fifteen miles off coast; tomorrow before sunset. No reason to drag you into cursed waters.” He mumbles thoughtfully. I brighten at his words and run to the side of the boat where he already managed to lower himself halfway into the water before pulling himself up to press his lips to mine again with a content sigh escaping up both. “Until then Jonghyun.” He whispers.

 

“Until then Key.”

 

Okay, so it's short again.

                                                                   

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure it's going to be 4 chapters and the next update might be tomorrow, so please look forward to it.

Subscribe, comment and upvote please.

                                                                                                            

I'll work hard. I hope nothing is too confusing at this point. Let me know if you get lost.

Anyways! Byebye <3