Little Merman 1

Little Merman

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

“Jonghyun, were heading in...you should too, you know.” I shake off the suggestion and focus on my steering. Let them sleep. Dream the rest of their lives away, while I track the being I've searched for since that fateful night years ago. They all think I'm crazy. Hell, maybe I am. I'm searching for a mystical creature after all. It's make believe, stuff of fairy tales but I won't give up. I can't, because I've seen him and he's beautiful.

 

I had tagged along with my father on his boat when I was only 10. I had been curious about his extended trips to sea and always loved the ocean itself. It was powerful and mysterious. Holding creatures of legend and those still unknown to mankind. His crew was confused about my presence but it was dismissed, until we entered unfamiliar waters and I was shoved into the sleeping quarters to wait for hours.

 

I became bored quickly and grew worried with the shrieking and bloody screams coming from outside. I was scared but my father raised my to always be curious, always be willing, and to always 'do it scared'. I shuffled out onto the stern to find my father unconscious beside another. The rest of his crew was nowhere to be seen but I approached the two, noticing the net surrounding the smaller boy beside my father. I was met with the prettiest feline eyes I've seen to this day. They were concerned and perhaps terrifying but I couldn't look away.

 

For whatever reason I was unconcerned of my fathers state as I stared into those eyes and drew near the body beside him. It struggled endlessly, fighting the binds he was in. I tore my eyes away from his long enough to notice the creatures body. It was not human but beautiful. I immediately knew what was in front of me and scanned the rest of his body to finally realize it was a handsome young boy with with perfect pale skin, blonde hair, and the scaled tail of a fish.

 

I met his eyes again and my mouth fell open at the stunning look on his face, his trapped hand stretched out with a curious expression before his tiny soft hand landed on my shoulder.

 

“Release me.” His words are whispered but heart wrenching. Breath taking. Convincing. His quiet sultry voice made me hold my breath and stare for too long, while he doesn't bother to move his hand or releases my stare.

 

“Who are you?” I shake my head in dismissal of my stupid question. He seems surprised at my response and wraps his hands lightly around my neck, boring his eyes into mine again, this time more intently as if testing my desire to look away.

 

“Release me.” He repeats and I blink in confusion.

 

“What happened to the others?” The boys sighs, removing his still netted hands from my skin.

 

“You're very young. Too young, it seems.” I my head in question and watch him begin to struggle again.

 

“Let me help you.” I mumble and the boy freezes.

 

“You'll let me go?” I nod almost in question at the odd words. Why would I keep him after all? What would I do with him? I had no clue, so it only made sense to release him. “You're very innocent.” He smiles, making my heart skip.

 

“Am I?” I hum as I struggle with the loosening netting.

 

“Either that or stupid.” He snaps and I freeze with a pout, making him scowl for a second before reaching out to my cheek. “But I'm sure you're just very kind hearted.” My heart lifts slightly and I turn my attention finally to my unconscious father and concern washes over me as I go to stand. The boy's hand lands on my forearm and I'm one again calm.

 

“Is he okay?” I whisper, my body unable to move aside from untangling the net from the boy's tail.

 

“He's fine.” I bite my lip at his sharp retort but he sighs after a long minute of watching me twist my fingers through the unfamiliar knots. “Who is he?”

 

“My dad.” I answer immediately and he stills. The net releases at my confession and I pull back to stare blankly into his disconcerned eyes.

 

“When he wakes up...make him get the hell out of here.” The boy snaps again and I gape at the fire in his eyes, swallowing dryly at the beauty in front of me.

 

“What's your name?” I whisper and a chuckle escapes him.

 

“So very innocent.” He pets my cheek again and I'm surprised by the warmth that radiated off of his soft skin but it's gone too soon with a quiet slash following and no name for me to call out.

 

My dad woke up violently not two seconds later and I rush to his side, relieved at his sudden consciousness. My eyes scan the dark water and I see movement spread generously over the waves, like hundreds of flailing fish but the air is otherwise silent and it's too eery surrounded by the night but I spot a quick splash and the same boy is smirking at me, hanging off the end of the boat with his pretty hands.

 

“Goodbye Jonghyun.” He winks and that's when I knew I had to see him again.

 

So it's a quick introductory flashback to explain why Jonghyun is searching for the mermaid.

                            

 

Notes to remember are:

                                        

                                                                             1.Mermaids are violent creatures that seduce sea men and drag them to their death.

(<--Not like this...)

Key is about Jonghyun's age but a mermaid's age is irrelevant.

Key has power over Jonghyun's body and emotion when he makes eye contact with him. That is why Jonghyun wasn't concerned for his dad.

The splashing after Key was released was the other mermaids surrounding them. They're in infested waters and the mermaids were still eating the crew members.

                          

 

Anyways, I think that's it for now.

                                                                                              

Any questions let me know. Hopefully I post again tomorrow and get to the real story!

                            (Uh...yeah)

Hope you liked the short first chapter and will subscribe, comment, and upvote.

                    

Byebye Dots! See you soon!