The truth came out

Wanna dance with me?

-Taeyeon POV-

The day after, Taeyeon lazily dragged herself to the kitchen to eat her breakfast.
She was slowly eating her bowl of cereal, almost letting her head fall into it while she could go back to sleep, when suddenly, the voice of her mother ringed in her ears:
“Taeyeon! Omo are you awake? Oh god, this is a miracle!”
“No, it’s a miracle that I can still hear you”
she said wile massaging her painful ears.
“Whatever, be fast or you’ll be late”
“Mom!”
“What?”
“Aren’t you forgetting something?”
“…no. Why?”
“Just take a look at yourself in the mirror”
“…OMG I’m still wearing my dressing grow! Taeyeon-ah! Why didn’t you tell me before?”
she screamed while running at the light speed up the stairs.
Her mother was always like this.
An hasty, stubborn and hilarious lady… exactly like her daughter.
‘Ah~ she’ll never change. About changing, I need to hurry’
After finished her breakfast, Taeyeon went upstairs to change her clothes and take all the stuff she needed. She was almost ready to go when suddenly something came up in her mind. She went back in the kitchen and did something before going out the house and start to walk her way to the school.

While she was walking, she kept scratching her eyes in the desperate tentative to get them to stay opened, that morning she woke up more early than the usual because she wanted to wash Yuri’s sweatshirt.
During the evening of the day before she had been awakened by her mother to eat dinner, then after that she had to wash the dishes and before finally going back to sleep she had to do her homework.
Now the sweatshirt was carefully folded inside a plastic bag and placed in her bag so it won’t crease before Taeyeon could be able to return it.
She continued to try to convince herself that there was nothing wrong, that this was just a normal day like the others, but inside her she was really excited and nervous to meet again that charming dark haired girl.
Just to have the opportunity to see her beautiful smiling face and her big brown eyes looking toward her was enough to made her mind spaced out the world, every kind of romantic and cheese situation came up in her mind, simulating what would happen when she returned to sweatshirt to Yuri.
Even though that was a cloudy day, for that petite was the brightest daytime she had ever seen in her entire life, she tough that nothing could go wrong.
But once she figured out what she was daydreaming, she quickly whipped it away of her mind and regained the control of herself.
And this kind of situation kept repeating until Taeyeon finally arrived at school, she sat down on her seat and collapsed her head on the desk.
The day just started but she was already tired, all those weird situations were too much for her brain.

Finally the lunch break came, as fast as the bell rang all the students went straight toward the cafeteria, hoping to find something to eat before it was all gone.
They kind of looked like a herd of buffalo, a very scary one and for the little Taeyeon that was a really hard venture, because she was so small that she could be crushed from all those people super easily.
At first she tried to pass walking near the wall, but probably it was worse than walking among them.
People kept pushing her against the lockers and she almost fell inside a dustbin when a guy pushed her.
In the end, she decided to take the longest way in order to avoid that river of starving, she walked in the corridors that followed the perimeter of the school, where there were lesser people, usually the ones that want to spend some time eating in peace or just meeting their lover.
She even passed by the gym, where some students were still practicing:
‘Woah… it’s amazing how some people devote are dedicate to their goals so intensely’
Taeyeon finally managed to reach the cafeteria, it was full of students that were eating their meal and even though it took her haft the time of the break to get there, there was still a long queue of people who want to get something to eat.
At first, Taeyeon stood there a bit lost, she was searching for the person she had been looking for because she had no idea of where the brunette girl used to sit.
But it didn’t took long before she was able to see her.
Yuri was sitting at a table at the opposite side of the room, with her there were the most famous and beautiful ( and es) girls of the school.
It was a really intimidating sight, especially for a girl like Taeyeon, because she was no one there, it wasn’t like she was a “looser” or something, but she was just an ordinary girl that everybody didn’t know about her existence.
And maybe that was even more worse than be a “looser”, because at least you had a ranking in the school and you won’t worry about what other people said about you.  
The little girl made her way toward their table with a lot of anxiety and nervousness crossing her body, for her fortune Yuri was sit in the edge of the table, so no one was going to be between them.
When the little girl finally was near the table her heart started beating like a crazy and her face was growing hot, she shyly approached those scary hyenas and with all the courage she could find inside her she spoke:
“E-ehy Yuri”
All the girls stopped talking and moved their attention toward her, while Yuri kept quiet and just stared at her:
“W-well… I-I just wanted to give you back your sweatshirt, h-here”
she said handing the plastic back toward the taller girl, but instead of taking it, she gave a quick look to it and moved her attention again toward Taeyeon.
She quiet for a second before a grin appeared on her face, and the words that came out of let the shorter girl stunned:
“Are you serious? Do you really think that I’m going to wear it after your hands touched it? Just get lost already”
Among them there were some seconds of silence before all the people around them started to laugh:
“Neh Yul, who the hell is this girl?”
“Ahah Yul you’re the best”
all the girls started to make fun of her, Taeyeon was really embarrassed and confused, she moved her gaze toward the brunette girl in search of help, but the latter was laughing and joking with them as well.
She stood there, not able to do anything but just keeping her gaze on Yuri and when she finally turned toward her, on her face was designed an annoyed expression that knocked her down even more:
“Didn’t you heard me? Go away!”
and after saying that she went back to talk with her friends.
Taeyeon was devastated, she walked out of the cafeteria with all the people that were still laughing at her.
She couldn’t understand why Yuri acted like that, the day before she was so friendly and kind, but now she just acted like one of those girls.
Was she playing with her all along?
But why her?
What did she do to deserve a treatment like that?
Nothing.
And now she became the laughing stock of the school because she trusted someone she never met before.
Now Taeyeon was near to her class when she felt someone’s hand grabbing her wrist:
“There you are”
she immediately removed that hand and turned around to face the last person she wanted to see:
“What? Did some new insult came to your mind? Oh wait! I almost forgot, you don’t have one”
“No- Taeyeon wait!”
and after saying those words the little girl entered the bathroom’s door hoping that Yuri would let her alone, but she followed her inside and grabbed her shoulder to make her turn:
“Taeyeon please, let me explain”
the latter just stayed quiet, you could see how she felt just looking into her eyes that at the moment were fixed on the taller brunette
“Taeyeon-ah please believe me, I’m really sorry for what happened and what I did. But I had to act like that, what if they-“
“ ‘what if they knew that I hanged out with such a looser’. This is what you were going to say, right?”
“No it’s not that”
“Then why did you treat me like that?”
impatience and nervousness were clearly hearing in her tone.
“It’s just… you know how they are. I don’t like to act like this, but what else can I do? They are my friends and I have to act like that, or they’ll leave me”
“Really… and you think that’s a good excuse? Treating other people like they’re doormats, just because your so-called ‘friends’ do the same? You even said that if you don’t act like that they’re going to leave you, you call those friends? And by the way, do you know how many people are passing the worse years of their life because of this actions?”
there was a pause, Yuri was now looking at the ground while Taeyeon didn’t move her eyes away from her. She took a big breath and continued talking:
“You know that you’re better than this. You’re smart and nice, and I’m sure you will find true friends if you just stop pretending to be like them”
The taller girl stayed quiet for a while, then she slowly moved her gaze to the side and answered back in a low tone:
“I’m sorry Taeyeon, but I can’t. I mean, their all I have in this school, if I don’t stay with them I’ll be just a normal girl that no one care of”
“Tzs, I can’t believe this. And thinking I was falling for you…”
“What?”
Yuri looked completely shocked by what she just heard, but Taeyeon was already making her way out of the bathroom:
“Nothing. Forget it”

When Taeyeon exited the bathroom, the bell had already rang and all the corridor was filled with students that was going to their respective class.
Yuri immediately followed the shorter girl out of the bathroom in order to stop her, but when they were again face to face, a guy came closer to Yuri and that was the straw that brock the camel’s.
He put an harm on her shoulders and moved her face so he could give her a kiss, Taeyeon stayed there motionless, she totally felt like an idiot.
Finally the guy broke their kiss and spoke:
“Hello baby, what are you doing here?”
he quickly glanced to the girl standing in front of them and after that, he patted Yuri’s head:
“Are you doing some charity? You don’t need to waste your time with this vapid person. Come on, let’s go”
He dragged her away and Taeyeon stood there few more seconds before turning and walking in the opposite direction.
There was such a brutal battle of emotions inside of her, that she didn’t noticed the expression on the brunette’s face while she was taken away from her.
One of the days that was supposed to be one of the best, in the end just turned out to be probably the worse.

-------------------

Hey guys, sorry for making you wait.
And sorry if there's some errors, but I'm kinda in a hurry so I didn't re-read ><
So, what do you think of this chapter? As I said in the description, the next will be the last one. Are you curious how is going to end? eheh

As always thanks for reading, subscribe and leave a comment if you like the story.
Tke care guys, love you.