Rain Sound

Rain Sound

Pit-pat

Pit-pat

  You opened your eyes startled by the sound of the raindrops outside. The usually white bright room now looked dim due to the cloudy day. It made you wonder if something was wrong with Suho for him to make it rain this hard. The thought sent chills down your spine. You turned around afraid you were alone, but then let out a sigh of relief when you saw Yixing beside you. His soft snores let you know he was still asleep and you smiled at the sight. But, sudden sadness hit you when you remembered last night’s dispute.

  It was around 10pm that Yixing felt one of his brothers was in danger.  He went out to find Kai who got into a fight with some strangers and was badly hurt. Too hurt to teleport. It didn’t surprise you it was Kai. After all, he was usually the troublemaker. Knowing how worried sick he was, you hurried Yixing before something worse happened to his brother and he obeyed.  Of course, you knew the consequences that were to come and it pained you. You paced around the living room for hours, but it wasn’t until 1am that he came back. You found him lying on the couch shivering but sweating. You knew he used all his strength healing Kai.

“Yixing!” you exclaimed running towards him in panic. He could barely open his eyes.

“Oh God, j-just stay here” you said standing up to look for anything that might help him feel better.

  Desperate, as you would always get in this kind of situations, tears started rolling down your cheeks. You wanted to help him so badly but you never knew what to do. On your way to the living room you saw that Yixing was no longer on the couch, but lying on the floor. He had tried to walk to the room but fell on the way.

“For God’s sake, Yixing!”  You yelled in frustration letting the bowl you were carrying with water fall to the ground.

“I told you to stay on the couch!” you cried.

“I’m okay” he said managing to stand up with your help.

“No you’re not! Look at yourself!” You didn’t mean to yell at him. You were just so desperate and frustrated, you couldn’t help it.

And what do you want me to do?! I couldn’t just leave Kai there to rot!” He yelled back. You were startled. It was the first time he yelled at you.

“I…I never said that…”you whispered still taken aback.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

“It’s okay” you lied and made your way to the bedroom.

  You weren’t used to arguing with Yixing. And if you did, it was about whose turn it was to cook or what to eat. Not like last night. Never like that. You hated this feeling. Closing the space between you and Yixing, you cuddled in his chest. To your surprise, he circled you with his arms pulling you even closer to him.

“I’m sorry” he whispered and kissed the top of your head. He knew you too well.

  You tightened your grip around him and took in his familiar scent. You just wished to stay like this forever. You wanted to be selfish for once and tell him to look after himself and forget about his brothers. But you knew that was impossible. Even for you to request it. He loved his brothers as much as he loved you. And you had to admit, you were very fond of them all. Including the troublemaker. So you gave up on that thought. Getting up from the bed, you made your way to the window and noticed how the rain got heavier by the minute. You felt a pair of arms hugging your waist from behind and you leaned your head against Yixing’s chest.

“Is something wrong with Suho?” you couldn’t help but ask him. You were worried since he was like your own big brother who looked after you every time Yixing was busy.

“No” his answer made you face him but he didn’t meet your gaze.

“Are you sure? You’re not lying so I wouldn’t worry, are you?”  You cupped his face.

“He’s not hurt” he said with a blank expression.

“But there IS something wrong, right?”

  By the way his eyes made contact with the floor, you knew you were right. Getting rid of your pajamas, you made your way to the closet for a fresh set of clothes.

“What are you doing?” Yixing asked even though it was obvious.

“What do you think I’m doing?” you answered while rummaging for warm clothes.

“Don’t” he said in a cute tone while back hugging you.

“Ah, you’re warm” you giggled.

   He lightly kissed your left shoulder making goose bumps appear on the spot. Seeing how you didn’t stop looking for clothes, he turned you around. His eyes spoke sweet words as he smiled down at you and pressed your foreheads together. He pecked your nose and then, trapped your lips with his sweet ones. You felt so lightheaded, that you didn’t notice his sneaky hands making their way to the clasp of your bra.

“Yixing” you warned him and faced the closet again, leaving him behind with a pout.

Finally putting some clothes on, you reached for the door but he stopped you.

“He’s just upset because Kai disobeyed him last night” he explained looking at you with pleading eyes.

“I figured” you said and motioned for him to let you through. His expression saddened when he realized he couldn’t get you to stay with him, so he gave up.

“Here” he said handing you an umbrella.

“Thanks” you smiled at him and left.

  It was raining heavier than you thought. But you decided to keep going. You heard a noise in the distance. More like a voice muffled by the loud rain. You turned around adjusting your gaze in the heavy rain, when you noticed it was Yixing calling out for you. He came running out of the house without an umbrella and he was now soaking wet.

“Yixing!” you exclaimed and ran towards him giving him shelter under your umbrella.

“Are you crazy? You can get sick!” you said worried.

“You forgot to give me a goodbye kiss” he said out of breath.

“I seriously wonder if you really are older than me” you chuckled and kissed him softly.

“And I honestly don’t care” he said biting his lips still savoring the kiss.

“Come on, I’ll walk you back in” you said and he stopped you.

“Don’t go” he finally said.

“Why not?” You asked confused.

“Stay with me” he said playing with the hem of his wet shirt.

“Are you…jealous?” You smiled overwhelmed when he simply nodded staring at the ground.

You cupped his face with one hand “Yixing…” you called and he looked at you.

“I’ll stay with you” you smiled and he hugged you making you lose grasp on the umbrella. You were now as wet as he was, but you couldn’t care less. He kissed you, smiling against your lips, and you wrapped your arms tightly around his neck. You both just stood there, not really caring about the rain. Then, you playfully blew on his neck and ran for your life, Yixing behind you.

“Yah! Let me go!” you yelled laughing when he caught you. He started tickling your neck since it was also your weak spot and you both fell to the ground.

“Yixing, please stop!” you managed to say out of breath. Once he did, he positioned himself on top of you, covering your face from the rain. “I love you” he whispered playfully in your ear.

“I love you more” you said pulling him towards you not caring if he’d squish you with his weight.

There, too busy cuddling under the rain, you both forgot of the consequences of the next day called, sickness.