Coward.

Him & Her

It was the one thing he coveted the most. 

Her. 

The way she smiles when she talks to him. The way she laughs softly at his jokes. The way she hits him lightly when he makes fun of her. Even the way she softly pouts when she felt a little upset.

Everything about her. It’s beautiful. 

He never knew he could want something this much until he met her. But wanting something that much also meant having the same amount of fear of losing that same thing. 

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

A voice brought him back to reality. He turned to the person which the voice belongs to. 

“Hey.”

“Let’s go, it’s the dance of the best man and the maid of honour now.”

He gave the other girl a slight nod and led her to the dance floor. On his way, his eyes met briefly with hers in which she gave him a small smile and he could see that blissfulness in that brief second. 

But what broke him was, the one reason who’s making her smile like this isn’t him. 

It will never be him. 

She will never smile that way when she talks to him. She will never laugh like she does with the other him when it’s with him. Her pouts, it was never directed to him. All these, he caught them from afar.

And it’s all because, he was a coward.