Final

Stuck In The Moment

{6:00am}

Beep beep. Beep beep.

 

The sound of my annoying alarm clock rings through my ears; awakening me from my peaceful sleep.

I rub my eyes, removing the covers, stand up from the bed and stroll towards the bathroom.

Ah, just another lazy day.

 

Thank God my house is not far from school, it only took 15 minutes walking.

I leave out a sigh. Lately, I just lost my interest in everything.

My class is on the 4th floor but I'm too lazy to use the stairs.

There's an elevator in this school but student aren't allowed to use it.

But whatever I'm gonna use the elevator anyway.

 

I make my way to elevator and press the button.

The doors close as I stand there, waiting the elevator to reach the 4th floor.

*ding*

The elevator stops at the 3rd floor.

My heart skips a beat. I'm so dead if the teachers found me using the elevator!

I look down, not wanting to see who's coming in.

Wait. Hey I know that shoes!

I lift my head up and just can't believe at the presence in front of me.

 

"Nice to see you, Bomi-ah."

That familiar voice fill my ears, the voice I haven't heard in a year. The voice belongs to my ex, Kim Jongin.

 

Not saying a word in reply, all I want is to get out of here.

I'll use the stairs, it's much better!

Before I could get out, the doors close. I turn my head and see Jongin press the door close button.

"I'd like to get off here." I press the door open button.

He smirks. "Without even saying hello to me? That's rude." As he press the door close button.

I press the door open button, but then he press the door close button again.

"Jongin stop being so childish!" I give him a death glare when suddenly a noise come from the elevator, a bell ringing as the sign of 'out of service'.

 

My eyes widen.

"Look what you did!" I exclaim.

"Me? You were pressing the button too."

"I don't have time for this, now I'm going to late for class."

"Well, then let's just skip school today."

He puts his hands in his pocket and lean against the wall.

I always love how Jongin looks in his school uniform; simple yet stylist.

My eyes finally notice his smile, the smile that drives me crazy all the time but then I mentally slap myself.

 

OMG Park Bomi, he is your ex and you aren't suppose to check him out!

 

"Now how are we going to get out of here?"

He shrugs. "Phone?"

Then I realize I have no phone. Great. "Seems like I left my phone at home." I say as he reaches inside his pocket, waving his phone at me.

"At least one of us came with preparation." He smirks. "But uh-oh."

"What?"

"No service."

Damn it. I rather be in the boring class than stuck in a elevator with my ex who I avoid the most.

"Looks like we'll stuck here for a while. I thought you were claustrophobic, when we were dating you used to get nervous in an elevator."

"People change, things change, a lot can happen in a year." I answer coldly.

Sighing he turns away, leaning on his back while closing his eyes.

Somehow, he still make my heart beats a little faster. Oh someone please save me.

 

 

{9:00 am} 

I've been standing for 2 hours; I can't sit down because my skirt is too short.

"Here, use this to cover your legs." Jongin says as he take his blazer off and give it to me.

"Thanks."

He sits next to me, gazing at me while his lips before talking. "So what have you been up to?"

"We haven't talked in over a year and that's what you're going to ask me?"

"Well yeah?"

"You really haven't changed have you? You're still the same jerk, the same idiot as you were a year ago."

"Wow, I was trying to be nice and this is what I got? Fine. Don't talk to me."

And that's the end of our conversation.

What was that? Why I become so sensitive?

 

 

{12:00 pm}

Been stuck in the elevator for 5 hours, feels like forever already.

It's already lunch time, and now I'm starving because I skipped my breakfast today. Regret always comes too late.

Suddenly, my stomach rumbling loud enough for Jongin to hear that.

He chuckles, then handing me a chocolate bar.

"Here take it. This is all I have."

"I thought we can't bring any snacks to school." I say as I grab the chocolate bar from him.

"You know I always come with preparation."

"Ck. But thanks anyway."

 

I'm still enjoying my chocolate when I feel his eyes are on me. "What? You want some?"

"No, nothing." He smiles but soon it fades. "Bomi-ah, I'm sorry for what happened."

Hearing those words bring the memories and the heartbreak I felt a year ago.

I hold myself not to cry in front of him. No, I don't want to seems so weak.

I choose not to reply to what he just said.

He frowns.

There's a silent between us before I finally speak up. "You decided to let me go. Do you know what it feels like to have the one you love, then all of a sudden they tell you that they don't need you anymore?"

"I know and I regret everything I ever said to you because you didn't deserve it. Things were crazy and I was losing control. But then I realized I lost one of the best things that had ever happened to me."

 

 

{3:00pm}

8 hours since the elevator stopped.

Still siting on the floor wondering when we'll get out of here.

What are we suppose to do if we stuck in here for longer?!

But the good thing is being able to spend time with Jongin; it feels so good.

It make me realize how much I miss him.

 

Suddenly a loud sound startle us.

"What's going on?!"

"I don't know." He says as the elevator starts moving, and I find myself holding his arm.

The elevator stops and the doors open.

Mr. Principle and some teachers are standing there.

"Kim Jongin! Park Bomi!" Mr. Principle says in an angry tone.

Oh we're so dead this time.

"You know student aren't allowed to use the elevator. Detention! Both of you!" He continues.

I can hear Jongin sigh before he apologize "I'm sorry sir." He bows and walks out.

"I'm sorry sir, I will never use the elevator again." I bow and walk out, following Jongin.

 

Thank God we can finally get out from the elevator.

Now I'm going home and take a long and relaxing bath.

"Wait, I forget something." Jongin says as he walks towards me then give a kiss on my cheek. A kiss that make a wide smile on my face.

"I'll call you later." Then he running back home.

 

Some people would say it was fate, other would say it was coincidence but one thing I know for sure, I never stopped loving Jongin.