An Alluring Offer

An Alluring Offer

Tik-tok. Tik-tok.

 

Kris’ eyes bored into the clock on the wall as he listened, or, attempted to listen, to the girl sitting across from him blabbing on and on about her freaking cat. It had only been five minutes since they sat down in this cafe, but already felt like an eternity.

 

Were girls usually like that?

 

No, not her of course.

 

“....Kris.”

 

She was different from all the other female species walking on this planet earth. And just picturing her sitting beside him while quietly reading a deep, thoughtful book, like The Old Man and the Sea, was enough to make him giddy like a little boy.

 

“Kris Wu? WU YI FAN!”

 

The annoying mosquito-like voice snapped him out of his daydream. He glanced at the blonde-haired, petite woman who was now staring at him with a murderous look. He wasn’t fazed by it though, her expression was always like this when he was with her.

 

“What?” He replied in an irritated tone.

 

“Did you even listen to anything I say?” Jessica demanded. God, she swore she was going to smack him across the head with her umbrella if she had to repeated herself again.

 

“Yes,” Not exactly, but he got the gist of it. “And no, I’m not going to babysit your kitty cat.” He rolled his eyes. Just to clarify, Kris didn’t have anything against cute little animals, in fact, he loved them. But if they were talking about Jessica’s feisty and bratty cat that was almost the replica of her owner except in feline form, then he definitely did not want to get near it, let alone being in the same room for 7 days.

 

Jessica had expected this. Kris and her didn’t exactly have a friendly neighbors relationship, in fact they always wanted to chop each other’s head off whenever they were together. But Kris was the only person she could think of to take care of her little princess while she went out of town next week.

 

She wanted to grab his neck and choked him until he said yes, but given the circumstance that they were out in public and she had an image to protect, violence really wasn’t the best way to solve this. So she pouted and begged with her big, twinkle eyes, “Pleeeaaaaase?”

 

Kris grimaced at the sight of it. Other guys might think it was cute, but he wanted to nothing more than for this woman to disappear.

 

“All you have to is feed her and clean her litter box!”

 

“I don’t want to clean your cat’s poops okay!” Telling him to do that kind of thing was a huge insult. He had better things to do than picking up cat poops.

 

“Oh my god, Kris Wu, you’re unbelievable!” She gritted her teeth. This guy always managed to drive her to her breaking point.

 

Fine, he wasn’t the last person on earth anyway. She would just find someone else and everything would be alright. She didn’t need to sit here and endure that abominable attitude of his.

 

Just when she was about to grab her purse and leave, the bell chimed as the door opened. Naturally, everyone glanced toward the girl that was entering the cafe.

 

Kris’ eyes widened as he recognized the tall, slim figure with long silky dark hair.

 

It was her!

 

His dream girl.

 

The one that made him giddy like a little boy.

 

Jessica noticed the weird expression on Kris’ face; his mouth was hang open while his eyes fixed on something intently. Out of curiosity, she glimpsed toward the direction he was staring at.

 

The girl turned around and locked eyes with Jessica. Her blank expression slowly turned into a smile. “Unnie!” she waved and started walking to their table.

 

Kris’ jaw dropped. Did she just smile? At him?! His heart began to race when she was coming closer and closer. He had never felt this nervous before and could just die right there and then. He took the glass of water on the table and gulped it down to ease himself. He blew out air, reminding himself to breath when she stood in front of him.

 

She was even more beautiful up close.

 

“Unnie, I didn’t think I’d run into you here.” she said to Jessica.

 

Kris looked at Jessica then back at Seohyun. They knew each other?!

 

“Oh...I have something that I need to take care,” Jessica smiled, “Are you here to meet up with friends?” Even though it was only their third time seeing each other, Jessica figured she’d be a little more friendly since Seohyun had been nothing but a polite and nice dongsaeng to her.

 

Seohyun shook her head, “No, I’m just grabbing coffee before I head to the rehearsal.” She glanced at the person with Jessica and gave him a little smile, acknowledging his existence.

 

Kris froze. She just smiled at him again! He wanted to say something, but was too tongue-tied to even muster a simple “hi”. He wasn’t usually like this, but Seohyun just had this kind of effect on him.

 

His strange behavior didn’t go unnoticed by Jessica while she conversed casually with Seohyun.

 

She realized that she didn’t introduce the two strangers to each other. “Seohyun, this is Kris, my...uh...neighbor.” Even if they were just neighbors, Jessica still didn’t want to affirm that she had any association with this crazy bastard.

 

Finally, Kris could speak again. “Hi, nice to meet you.” His thinking was bit out of place at the moment, so he ended up blurted English out. Oh gee, she must think that he was showing off. “I mean, nice to meet you.” he repeated in Korean. Wait, that sounded like he thought she didn’t understand English so he said in Korean again.

 

Get a grip of youself, Wu Yi Fan!

 

But all Seohyun did was smiled, “I know. You’re quite popular in school.” She knew that Kris was one of the Chinese foreign exchange students that all the girls were crazy about. She had never really met them, but she did heard a lot of things about them.

 

Kris scratched his neck, didn’t know if he should be glad or embarrassed.

 

“Oh I have to go now or I’ll be late,” she looked at the time on the clock and said, “Unnie, I’ll see you later.” she gave Kris a little wave before walking back to the counter to get her coffee.

 

“Okay spill it.” Jessica smirked at Kris when Seohyun was out of the door.

 

“Spill what?” If she meant to spill water on her, he could do that.

 

“You, lover boy, you totally have a thing for Seohyun.” She was sure. The lovestruck look on his face said it all.

 

He scoffed and refuted her statement. “No, she is just really pretty.” He thought he acted cool and calm the whole time, how could Jessica catch it?

 

Right, this woman had a sharp sense of a cat.

 

She finally got something on Kris. Even Achilles had a weakness after all. This was going to be beneficial to her in the future. Maybe even right now. “You know, maybe you should start being nice to me,” Kris scoffed again. Why would he do that? “because I’m pretty close with Seohyun.” Okay, that was a lie. But Jessica would see Seohyun more in the future anyway. She tapped her well-manicured fingers on her phone, “I do have her number too.” When Kris’ eyes trailed down to the phone, Jessica knew that she got him.

 

This was easier than she thought.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Take care of Buttercup when I’m gone!”

 

Of course. He rolled his eyes. “If I do, you have to do more than just giving me her number.” Looking after that cat would be a huge hassle, he already knew it, and there was no way just a 11-digit number could settle this.

 

“Well, what more do you want?” Jessica urged. He was practically saying yes to her alluring offer.

 

This time, Kris smirked. “Set up a date for me.”

 

-

 

Please respect the author. Any form of plagiarization is prohibited. Story is an original content.