Last Chance

Last Chance

Kris lightly rasped the door in front of him. It’s too late to turn back now, he thought. It took a lot of quick talking to convince Tao and Chanyeol to give him this address and not raise any suspicions. At least from Tao, Chanyeol isn’t the smartest out there but he knew Kris’ true motives. But he trusted the kid enough to keep his mouth shut.

He heard the light footsteps proceed closer towards the door. His heartbeat increased to an even faster pace, than when he stepped into the building, the moment he saw a shadow cover over the light coming from the peep hole.

He hears the sound of the lock turning, he watches the knob twist, and a creek follows along the slow opening of the apartment’s entrance.

“Kris?” She says his name. A wrinkle poses in the center of her forehead. She’s barefoot, sporting a messy bun piled on the top of her head. Kris intakes her sleepwear, a light peach colored tank and pink shorts, his eyes lingers around her legs but fixates them back to her eyes. He’d never seen this look before. Nor had he ever seen her confused. “What are doing here?” She questions him.

“You left without saying goodbye.” He places both hands in his pockets. He watches as she bites her bottom lip to think. Suddenly her eyes widen in struck shock, she pulls Kris quickly into the apartment, peeks her head into the hallway, and shuts the door securely. She gives him a lecturing look but remains silent.

The apartment stays quiet for a couple of minutes. Jenny isn’t quite sure what to say or do in this situation. She had expected Tao or Chanyeol to have visited her instead. Any of the boys would have made more sense than Kris. But then again Kris was Kris, unpredictable and difficult to read.

“I wasn’t really given the opportunity to.” She replied honestly. SM said she wasn’t needed anymore and to vacate the premises immediately, along with her last paycheck of course. “ing Heechul told the president I was sleeping with one of you guys.” She mutters bitterly. Heechul was known to pry on the young male idols. Jenny’s protectiveness over Xuimin gave her enough authority to threaten the diva idol to stay away from her charge. The man had just returned from his required military service and was already causing trouble.

Kris had heard that from Amber, who had heard it from Donghae sunbaenim. Kris respected Heechul sunbae enough not to get on his bad side. But if it weren’t for Amber talking enough sense into Kris to not go after the older male, there may have been another person being escorted out of the SM building.

However, Kris wasn’t there to talk about the incident or her sudden departure. He had something else to talk about that had been brewing in his mind for a long time. He gets distracted by a picture frame with a photograph of EXO and Jenny. It was taken for Tao’s birthday. Jenny had arranged everything (Tao had always been her favorite). It was a day each of them had enjoyed, without a fan or saesang roaming around. Kris never did find out how she did it.

“You know if you just wanted to say goodbye, you could have just called.” Jenny watches Kris carefully. He picks up a photo frame from her book self and stares at it with a slight smile. There was always something about Kris’ smiles that gave her a warm feeling inside.

Kris carefully sets the frame back on the self. His eyes peer at Jenny. Her body begins to reflect how Kris feels in the inside. “If I had called then I wouldn’t have been able to do this.” He closes the space between them, wrapping one arm around her slim waist, and gently runs his hand against the porcelain-like features of her face. They were no longer charge and manager, Kris felt every right to hold her this close in his arms and finally confess the suffocating feelings he withheld for so long. Jenny wasn’t a rule breaker; he had known that from the beginning. Every fantasy of pulling her into a secluded corner or just finding a moment alone together to tell her how he felt has come to this.

Jenny kept silent. She had no words to say nor could she find any. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest. Kris had her pressed against him and she was quite sure she could feel his heartbeat as well. She looked up as he stared down lovingly at her. She wanted to run her hand through his blonde locks but Kris circling his thumb against her cheek kept her in a statuette position. His index finger slipped underneath her chin and tilted her chin upwards. “You don’t know how long I waited for this.” He murmurs, sealing whatever gap was left between them, and gently presses his lips against her. Jenny’s senses are clouded with Kris’ touch, smell, and lustful sounds.

Kris hungrily intakes Jenny’s lips into his own, her moans and whimpers are enough push Kris to the edge. How stupid had he been to have waited so long for this. All the days wasted when he could have had her in his arms from the beginning. But would she have allowed him to, was the question. It’s all in the past now, he thought. He had to take full advantage of this moment now. She was in his arms and Kris wasn’t going to let this opportunity slip from his hands.

He kissed her passionately. He kissed her like today would the last day the two of them would be together. He kissed her like she had always been the only girl for him. Their bodies molded perfectly together. And for a moment he was afraid. Kris was afraid that might be the last day they actually do get to spend together. His company wouldn’t allow it, nor would his schedule, hell his fans wouldn’t allow it. Due to his unnerving thoughts his happiness had subsided and Kris felt distraught.

Jenny felt Kris’ body stiffen; he slowly pulls away and rests his forehead against hers. She glances up at him and for the first time Jenny can read his thoughts clearly.

“Don’t.” She whispers. “Don’t think about anything. It’s just you and me today. Okay.” She surprises Kris by initiating the second kiss. She had slipped a hand behind the back of his neck and brought his lips to meet hers for the second time.

She was heaven and hell, all in one. Kris Wu was irreplaceably in love with Jenny Moon. Even if she did see it or not, he was going to make his night last as long as he could. For the time being she was in his arms and no band members or fans were going to get in the way.

Because today was all they had. 

 


Author's note: Forgive me of any errors. I just had to type this up.