001 -- Final

Unavailable.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was early in the morning when he opened his eyes, pretty surprised he woke up before the alarm clock rang. Baekhyun reached for his phone and checked the hour, it was indeed early and he has plenty of time before work. He sat up slowly, gaining his conscious little by little. His gaze averted to the side of the bed; it was messy, probably from his own rolling and turning but more importantly, when he placed his hand over the covers it was cold and a sting of disappointment spread the venom from his hand straight to his heart.

Slowly but surely he got up and pulled the curtains to the side, letting the sunlight take over the empty space before he grabbed his phone and scrolled through the contacts. When he found what he was looking for he opened the messages and tapped on the screen skillfully, typing his message.

 

To: Chanyeol.

Good Morning, Yeol.

 

He hesitate whether he should send it or not but before he could settle the thought in his mind his fingers had a mind of their own and it was sent. Baekhyun sighed as he waited for the reply that used to be sent back after a few moments but now all Baekhyun did was waiting. The boy threw the phone onto the bed, telling himself that if he didn't have it in his hands then it would probably not bother him but he was wrong for it still bugged his mind even when he was washing his face and changing his clothes.

It would be a lie to say that Baekhyun wasn't carrying his phone with him twenty four-seven. Even when he was asleep the phone would be next to him on full volume just in case an incoming message would appear however it didn't happen.

Baekhyun made his way to the kitchen, placing the phone on the counter as he gathered all the right ingredients to prepare himself a cup of coffee. However, when he was just about to pour the hot water into the mug, a memory flashed through his mind and a faint smile found its way on his lips.

 

 

"Stop drinking this poison." The deep voice of the taller rang in Baekhyun's ears and he couldn't help but chuckle at the nonsense that kept flowing out of his mouth. "It's disgusting and bitter, not to mention it has a huge amount of caffeine." The other kept preaching while the smaller one sipped on his drink, ignoring everything the boy pointed as harming and found in the liquid he was willingly gulping down. "Chanyeol will you calm down already? It's just coffee for god's sake." Baekhyun rolled his eyes, taking another sip just to annoy the other who just stared at him with unsatisfied look.

"Drink tea instead. Much healthier and tastes better." Chanyeol wasn't going to back down from his opinion and kept being stubborn, fighting the urge to just slap the mug away from the boy's hands. "You drink tea if it's so good." Baekhyun growled in annoyance, getting tired of Chanyeol's stupid reasoning as he made his way towards the table where he sat down and focused on his drink instead of shutting up the taller one between them both.

"I drink milk." He stated and took his place in front of Baekhyun who – as always – ignored him, holding a small carton of milk while smiling to practically himself since Baekhyun didn't bother to even glance at him. "Well, I think you should cut down on the milk because apparently your brain is swimming in it." Although what Baekhyun said wasn't anything good, Chanyeol laughed at the remark, finding it amusing. "I won't. You like it when we disagree with each other's opinions." He simply answered and Baekhyun looked up at him, "That's such a stupid thing to say. I hate it when you preach your opinion."

Truth to be told, it was a lie. Baekhyun loved hearing Chanyeol's thoughts over small things. Most of the time when he didn't bother to answer Chanyeol was because he didn't want to stop him from talking; he didn't want to stop the deep and soothing voice. He didn't look at him because he didn't want to let Chanyeol see the sparkle in his eyes while the smaller stared at him. "Cheers." The sound of glass clicking broke Baekhyun's trail of thoughts and he got pulled back to reality, "Cheers." He replied and gulped down the black poison Chanyeol hated so much.

 

 

Time passed faster than Baekhyun expected it to. Who knew that sitting down and staring at the empty space in a quiet apartment while drinking coffee on your own could waste time that quickly. However, Baekhyun had no time to spare now that he had to hurry to his job before he could wash his empty cup; the male was already out of his empty apartment with his empty mug and empty bed.

When work was over and the employees that were Baekhyun's friends as well decided to spend the evening together at the new place down the street that opened just a few days ago, he nodded in approval when he was asked if he would like to come with them. Walking to the side he opened the screen of his phone and tapped the glass.

 

To: Chanyeol.

Today was good at work.
Jongin suggested we should go and spend the evening somewhere together.

 

Yet again, Baekhyun got no reply. At first he sighed and let the screen close itself, turning pitch black but then he smiled slightly, still having hope that he might get a reply if he just wait a little bit longer because good things comes to those who wait right?

Baekhyun quite liked the new place they chose to spend their time at and his friends remarked words of approval, liking the design and the comfortable atmosphere that prevailed. Already seated in their corner, their ordered drinks were placed down on the table.

Not surprisingly, Baekhyun's phone was in his hands, spinning and rolling it in his hands as he waited for a sudden vibration but much to his dismay it didn't happen. Not only that the anticipation for a message kept flowing in his mind, he suddenly remembered their first date and he quickly typed once more.

 

To: Chanyeol.

Hey Channie, do you remember our first date?

 

The two boys were silent yet their hearts were beating loudly but not loud enough for it to be audible. "I'm sorry we had to leave the restaurant early." Baekhyun was the one who broke the silence, apologizing for being the reason why they didn't get the chance to spend the rest of their time together inside the warm restaurant. "It's okay Baek, don't worry about it. I didn't like their menu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter