I Said No

I { hate } you too

You took your apron off, put on your coat and took your bag. You said goodbye to the staff and pushed the front door. The wind blew colder than you tough it would and stopped a few steps away to zip up your outerwear. You could hear the people come out of the club talking about how much they had a good time. You fastened your belt when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned around just to see Seung Ho. He smiled awkwardly and took his hand off you.

 

« Hey… » he said in his normal low voice.

 

« You should call a cab, sir. » you replied politely.

 

Seung Ho was shocked at your sudden coldness. His smile disappeared when you turned your back to continue your walk.

 

« I spent all my money on drinks. »

 

You stopped and only looked over your shoulder. He was looking at his feet. He obviously drank way too much, but you couldn’t let a complete stranger into your house. You already did, but not for the same purposes. You sighed deeply and answered.

 

« It’s not my responsibility. »

 

You didn’t even take a step that he answered back already.

 

« Gimme a ride then? I can’t drive, I’m a little… drunk. »

 

« I don’t have a car. » you answered.

 

« You walk? » he questioned you. « It’s way too dangerous for you to walk alone at that time. » he said obviously worried.

 

« I do this every night, sir. I’m used to it. Please, let me go now? »

 

« Take me to your home then. » he dryly answered.

 

You turned around vividly. You lifted an eyebrow.

 

« What? »

 

« You heard me.» he took a few steps towards you. « I’ll take you home safely. » he said. To that he added. « And maybe… »

 

You cut him right here. You didn’t care if he was cute anymore.

 

« You are in no state to take me home “safely”. I’d end up protecting you more then myself. »

 

« I am not drunk! »

 

He said it but he obviously was wasted.

 

« You just said you were. »

 

« … »

 

« I am not letting you sleep at my house. »

 

« I won't bother you… !»

 

« No. »

 

« …It will almost be as if I wasn’t there. »

 

« No. »

 

« I’ll be qu- »

 

« Fine. If you shut up now. » you mumbled the last part.

 

 

You didn’t know where the charismatic Seung Ho went but you wanted him back now. You were tired of arguing and you felt your headache come back, so you gave in to his pleading.

 

« Come. »

 

Seung Ho was speechless and didn’t know how to react. You started walking, not caring whether he followed or not even though you knew he would as soon as he snapped out of it. You soon heard his steps catching up with you.

 

« Do you live far? »

 

« 10 minutes from here. »