Stop Being Like That

I { hate } you too

Today was a nice, warm and sunny summer day in the big capital of Seoul in South Korea. Unfortunately you missed it, because you woke up at five in the afternoon, around the time where the world was boiling with activities. People were coming back from work, kids from school, other kids played in the park, couples taking a walk, elders doing their groceries; people were just out while you… well, you lazily got out of bed.

 

You stretched your arms and yawned deeply. You worked night shifts at a club as a barmaid. Basically, you lived the night and slept in the morning, leading an unusual life. You’ve always been a little… oddball, but you enjoyed life anyhow. Seeing your friends was a little harder, so you had to deal with boredom often, but you still loved your job. It wasn’t rare that you got to meet awesome people and have a few guests yourself to your apartment. Anyway, you had to get up quick because you had to pick up a few things from the market if you wanted to eat this week.

 

You washed yourself and put on some comfortable, presentable, clothes. You tied your hair and grabbed your bag. You picked up your mail, then did your groceries, picked up some meds for your frequent headaches (other downside of your job) and bought yourself a lunch since you haven’t eaten yet, all that down your street. That’s the magic of the city. You came back to your apartment at around 7pm, your arms full of bags and a hot meal. You dropped everything on your table and quickly started eating your rice, sweet and sour pork and kimchi. You were starving! And nothing was better than the food from this (obviously) Korean restaurant around the corner.

 

Once your tummy was full, you jumped in the shower; you had to get ready for work. After an hour long shower doing your thing, you got out and stood in front of your closet. What were you going to wear? You were going to work, but still wanted to look good. You emptied half the closet and ended up simply putting knee ripped dark blue jeans and a white wife beater. You added a leather jacket for the heat and the style and black pumps. You looked in your jewellery drawer and pulled out a ring bracelet thingy made of silver and black chains. Tonight, you were going out with a rocker style. (http://oi54.tinypic.com/ezrfyc.jpg) You left everything on your bed since you still had time to fix your hair and make up.

 

You went to the bathroom and towel dried your hair the best you could and ended up wrapping the towel on your head so you could do your make up instead. You don’t know why, but you always got more tip if you wore a little make up. Your skin was clear so you just upgraded your eyes with a thin line of eyeliner and loads of mascara. You tinted your lips red with a gloss and you were done with that. Then, you unwrapped the towel from your head and threw it away. You were going to let it air dry because you were too lazy to straighten it after blow drying it. You just added a little texture with some products so that your loose waves could stay and last.

 

You checked the time, it was 9:30and your shift started at 10. You rapidly stored your groceries, went to your room to put on your heels, jacket and jewellery, you took your bag and went straight to work.

 

You walked fifteen minutes until your destination and arrived just on time. You had to do the inventory of every alcohol in the next hour since the club opened at 11. Luckily, tonight you had a co-worker. A barman with whom you’d split tonight’s job because it was Friday and on Fridays clubs are full. The place where you worked was quite popular too. It was really in; it had a large dance floor, awesome lights, gorgeous V.I.P seats, good music, the best ambiance and of course, the best drinks in all Seoul. You put your coat on the employee coat hanger, dressed your bar apron and proceeded to do the inventory. An hour later, you ended up wiping your bar as the clients were entering. The music was already playing loud and it was only 11. You poured yourself a shooter to start off your night right.

 

The party went on. You were dancing while serving countless drinks and shots behind your counter, yourself drinking a little bit every few glasses. There was no one at the bar so you sat in your corner listening to the music and eating a little snack. They played various dance music. From house/techno, to kpop and American music. Some daring girls and dudes danced on the stage next to the DJ, some were a little drunk and took off some layer of clothes, the drunk ones were dealing with their business in the bathroom, next to the couples who got heated grinding on each other. You stick your tongue out, grimacing, thinking how painful the job of janitor was. People were beastly here.

 

Suddenly someone showed up on your side of the bar. You got up and went to him.

 

« What can I get you? » you casually asked.

 

He raised his head and looked you dead in the eye. It sent chills down your spine even though it was pretty hot here. You smiled, he was cute. He leaned on the counter and answered, looking you up and down.

 

« Gimme an August Sunset. »

 

What? Was he even a man? August Sunset? Seriously? You chuckled; you drank stronger alcohol than that. Maybe he wanted to start his night lightly. You nodded and said.

 

« Coming right up! »

 

You turned your back and grabbed your shaker in which you mixed the grenadine, lemon juice and vodka with ice. You could feel his eyes scrutinize your whole body and studying your movements. It didn’t make you uncomfortable, after all you were used to this type of clients, but usually, they were drunk or at least tipsy. You turned to him, your hair lightly following your movements, and grabbed a glass to pour the drink in. You handed him the drink and took the money he held out to pop it in your apron’s pocket. You winked at him as a thank and went back to your corner as he went back to the dance floor.

 

You were playing with your apron and took a look at the dance floor. You scanned the place in order to find the guy who came a little earlier. Thinking about it, he was real cute and you never seen him here before. He picked your interest. He was dancing like a god, it’s like he owned this dance floor. Drink in one hand, chick in the other. He looked good in his loose black V neck, supporting his badass lifted hair. Little droplets of sweat ran from his exposed forehead down to his neck which made him even more attractive. His half closed eyes were filled with lust and the pleasure of dancing. His luscious lips were parted and you could see his perfect and white teeth. He drank the last sip of his drink and headed back to the counter, leaving the girl he was grinding on to another guy.

 

You surprised yourself looking at him like that a blushed a little. At least the blue, purple and red light could hide your new tint. You got up and looked at him, ready to give him whatever he asked to drink. He put hit glass on the counter so you could take it back. He breathed hard and sat down looking away.

 

« Y’alright? » you asked him. « Don’t tell me your drunk from what you took earlier? »

 

He looked at you with a smile that told you right away you hurt his man ego. He sneered, showing off his perfect smile and put his forearm on the wooden surface.

 

« Of course not! » he answered with attitude without adding anything. After a short pause he ordered. « Give me a shot of the strongest thing you have. »

 

You raised an eyebrow. Was he only trying to show off?

 

« ‘Kay! »

 

You looked under the counter, where the strong and most valuable ones were sitting. You knew your alcohol pretty well without being and excessive drinker yourself. You pulled out a good bottle of Bacardi, a strong rum, and put it on your counter below where the clients could see. You were pouring him a shot and asked him abstractedly.

 

« Tell me, what’s your name? »

 

He drew his attention back to you.

 

« Seung Ho. »

 

You mutely repeated after him while nodding. You put the tiny glass on his counter and gave it to him.

 

« Well Seung Ho, I hope you can handle it. »

 

Seung Ho looked at you then at the glass and silently thanked you. He ported it to his mouth and drank it down with one gulp. His expression was priceless. His eyes were shut tightly and he was frowning. He slammed the glass on the counter and looked at it in his hand.

 

« Woah, is that even possible? »

 

You were satisfied of his face. You stick out the tip of your tongue out because you knew it was way too gross for a normal human being to like it. It was like drinking vinegar. Surprisingly, Seung Ho lent you his glass a second time.

 

« An other shot please. »

 

« You’re sure? » you asked.

 

He could easily get drunk off a few of these shots since the percentage was that high. He nodded. It was like a second shot to be sure it really was that horrible. You shrugged and pulled the bottle of Bacardi over the counter to fill his tiny glass for the second time. He swallowed it whole again and ended with the same disgusted face. Seung Ho let go of his glass and gave you more than enough money for his shots. He grabbed a few peanuts from the small bowl and ate them to make the taste go away, at least a little bit. He smiled and looked at your name tag. He said thank you, but you couldn’t hear since the bass started pumping loud again. You made him repeat so you read on his lips. You heard a thank you from far away, followed by your name that you read on his plump lips. You smiled and served the other clients that came.

 

The time went by and you still watched this Seung Ho guy from afar. Out of the whole bunch of people dancing you could only see him, claiming the space as his, flirting with all the pretty girls. The other guys understood that in order to get good grinding they had to stand close to him, so that when Seung Ho doesn’t have enough space to handle all them girls, they could come to them instead. He was moving his hips and doing y waves and would look at you from time to time. You never saw him, but you could feel his indiscrete eyes violating you, the same sensation your had the first time he ordered you something. His movement were more fluid than before and you concluded that he was drunk from the two previous shots, though he still came regularly to order you something.

 

A song you really liked playedg. You didn’t know the name of it nor the artist but it was a really good remix. You were mumbling the lyrics as it went on.

 

“Clap your hands everybody, everybody clap your hands… Oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah yeah! I’m feeling good!”

 

And then the dubsteppish beat played. You swayed your hips lightly while serving Seung Ho the last drink of the party since the club was going to close in an hour and the place was slowly being evacuated. You gave him the shot and said.

 

« You better call a cab. You’re drunk as hell! » you exclaimed.

 

« I’m sweating alcohol baby, I ain’t drunk! » he playfully answered.

 

You thought it was weird but laughed it off. You were putting your stuff away and discretely looked at him a few time. Then you leaned on the counter when he turned to face you. He drank the shot as you asked.

 

« Do you know this song? »

 

The glass still between his lips he looked at you with serious eyes. He then put it down for you to take it and wiped the corner of his mouth with his index. He smiled and shrugged.

 

« Sorry, I don’t. »

 

You silently went “Awww” and pouted.

 

« You like it? »

 

You nodded vigorously. A broad smile stretched his mouth.

 

« Ask the DJ. » he cleverly answered.

 

You smiled at him as he left for the dance floor for the last time tonight. You waited behind your bar, cleaning here, placing bottles there, with your partner. It was 2:40in the morning already and you weren’t sleepy at all. Your head started to hurt a little though. You talked a little bit with the barman and agreed on letting him clean the whole thing tonight. You thanked him and waited for your shift to end in twenty minutes.

 

Meanwhile, you kept an eye on the dance floor. It was almost empty; fifteen people at most were still dancing, Seung Ho being one of them. You smiled, looked away then closed your eyes. It hurt between your eyebrows and you pressed there a little. You checked you bag for your pills and luckily you brought then with you. You drank one down, hiding, taking a little bit advantage from you previous agreement with your colleague, getting off of work earlier than expected. Within ten minute it took effect and it allowed you to get up of your seat. You gathered your stuff as the DJ declared the dance floor (well the whole club) closed. The last people remaining loudly complained, but listened to the words said.