Bubble Gum

Sunbyung Collection

Flavored Make-overs
 

Bubble Gum.

That’s the first thing that popped into her mind when she comes face to face with a person who, if she’s correct in assuming the identity of; was formerly a blonde, standing in front of her apartment door.

It takes her a few seconds and a few blinks before she realizes that this wasn’t some kind of distorted fantasy that her mind concocted out of feelings of missing and longing that she had for the person in front of her…

 AND that it really was Sunny,

her girlfriend,

 standing in front of her with newly dyed hair and a scowl painting an irritated expression on her otherwise beautiful face.

“Yah! Hyomin-ah! What took you so long to open the door? “ the girl says as she makes her way past Hyomin and into the apartment.

Following the other girl’s lead back inside the apartment, Hyomin can’t help but wonder with a confused expression what the other woman was doing  here.

Not that she minded, she hadn’t spent time with her bunny for a whole month! The reason wasn’t only because of conflicting schedules they both had but also mainly because SNSD, Sunny’s group has been busy getting ready for their long awaited comeback.

If memory serves her right, tomorrow was the only day where in both her and Sunny’s free time finally collided and she was supposed to be expecting the other girl tomorrow. Not today.

But again, Hyomin didn’t mind.

What she did mind was the fact that she was caught off guard by a seemingly upset girlfriend which she had to take a second look at before she finally recognized, storming into her apartment.

Making her way into the living room,  she finds the other sitting on her coach  messing with her hair and somehow  spouting words under her breath that she couldn’t make out.

“Sunny-ah?…” she decides to test the waters first before anything else.

The other girl stops fidgeting on her spot and gives Hyomin her attention.

Hyomin stiffens for a second or two underneath the quite yet heated look Sunny’s eyes held before she remembers she has to talk.

“Sunny-ah…Are you alright? What’s wrong? I thought you were coming here tomorrow? Didn’t you have a schedule today? What are you doing here?”

She finally voices the questions most of the questions on her mind…well except one…but somehow Hyomin had a feeling that it wasn’t safe to ask that question yet.

The shorter girl huffs as she reigns her emotions before she speaks out and gives her a few seconds to calm herself down.

“It wasn’t really a schedule! We just had an appointment today with our stylists…for our make-overs on the image concept of the groups comeback.  Other than that we didn‘t have anything else.” Sunny grumbles out.

‘I see….well, at least now everything makes sense’ Hyomin thinks as she resisted the urge to role her eyes.”

“Hyomin-ahh…”” Sunny whispers.

‘Oh-oh…that tone doesn’t sound good. I don’t like where this is going…’ the brunette’s train of thought stops as the ominous feeling in her spine comes true with the sound of a frustrated shrill breaking through the quite.

“UWWWAahhhh!” The formerly blonde bunny wails out as Hyomin sits up in panic as she finds Sunny spontaneously crying in front of her while thinking what she could do to make the girl stop.

“Ottoke! Sunny-ah! Wha---what’s wrong?!…ehh..ah… Pl-Please don’t cry!”  Hyomin says as she waves her hands in the air and quickly grabs a box of tissues to hand to the other girl in order to wipe her tears off her face.

“Hyomin-ah! They butchered my hair! What do I do?! The other’s all look pretty with their make-overs….but my hair ‘s the only one that looks horrible!” Sunny says as she accepts the box and blows her nose on a tissue and wipes her tears with another.

“Sunny-ah! It’s not that bad! I think you look cute that way!”

“Really?” Sunny finally seems to stop tearing up in order to hear what her recently recovered from panicked girlfriend was saying.

“Of course I do, no matter what you look beautiful to me you know? Besides, I kinda think it makes you looks pretty cute with  a sort of fantasy or candy type of concept.”

Sunny blinks and has that look that tells Hyomin that she should continue what she means.

‘Well, at least she’s calming down’’ Hyomin thinks as she slowly makes her way closer and sits facing Sunny.

“You know…the first thing that came into my mind when I saw you was Bubble Gum. Not just any type but my favorite Mint bubble gum that I used buy a lot with my saved up money as a kid. So really, I like the new hair.” Hyomin says as smiles a sincere smile to the other.

“Y-you do? Well…(clears throat) I guess the new look can grow on me…besides I look cute despite it being a bit weird right? You said so yourself. So yah..ok. I can do this. I can rock this look.” Sunny says with a determined look in her eyes.

And that’s how Hyomin calmed down Sunny when she had a mini emotional breakdown over her hair and how this episode ends.
                                     
NOT! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AFTERWARDS

Hyomin:  
    “Right! Exactly! Anyway, Sunny-ah! I know it’s still all new…so tell you what, just tell me anything I can do to make you feel better and I’ll do it!

Sunny: Anything huh? (face changes to that of a mischievous look)…Well I think I can think of a few things to make me feel better…

Hyomin: Really? Wel-what are th--Sunny! What are you doing!

*Sunny suddenly pins Hyomin down the coach as she hovers on top Hyomin with a smirk on her face.*

Sunny: You said anything right? And well I couldn’t think of anything better than with my girlfriend to take the stress of my mind.

Hyomin: !!!!

******

The end