Thoughts

Sunbyung Collection

Thoughts of Myself and….You?
by:saemi-san
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

If Sunny were to be truthful about how she thinks of herself, she had many things to say.
For starters, She had two conflicting sides to her character. She was contrary. At first not a lot of people knew that, It doesn’t surprise her though. Sunny understood the fact that people loved to assume what regardless of what was right. She knew that and even in her experience she can only say just how true it was. Even when she was young ,they’d usually try to trap her into this box of preconceived notions based on the little facts they know ;like her last name and the family connections she has. Becoming a celebrity didn’t help much either. Especially not her company, not her company that assigned them individual “roles” for their image. At first it irked her a bit, but that was a price to living her dream of becoming a famous singer.

She got used to putting on an act. It didn’t really bother her anymore. An image is just an image. That’s pretty much how celebrities work. They build up this alternative persona that interests you. Everyone knew that originally Girl’s Generation had a cute and feminine concept. It wasn’t all untrue though.
In the end SNSD were just all pretty much young girls at heart .
And Sunny was definitely still just a girl.
A girl who did have her cute tendencies. A lot of the time however they did exaggerate their aegyo as do all females idols do.

It just so happened that, Sunny was the best at it. They started talking about it a lot and it just stick to her as something she came to be known for.
People told her a lot of things.

She was the energy pill.

She was like a bunny.

Cute. Tiny. Fluffy.

She was also y, smart, stubborn, clever, cunning…the list goes on and on.

It was flattering, but in truth she was more than that.

She was more than a female idol, more than a celebrity, and more than her uncle’s niece.
She was a person.
She was her own person and she didn’t like being seen as flawless. Human beings had their weaknesses. She had her own faults as well.
She knew she wasn’t weak. However, she wasn’t as invincible or perfect as some people think she is. She had a lot of doubts about a lot things because of her skepticism. Rather, she could never really believe in them. She can become a bit detached and indifferent because of that. She just knew how not to show it and most of the time it worked.
She was basically an independent person.

However, that seemed to change when she met Hyomin.

It wasn’t new to her to take care of another person. She and her members often looked out for each other. But there was something about Hyomin that made you protective of her instantly. Maybe it was the fact that she was a hopeless stiff at first in variety that made Sunny want to help her. Sunny didn’t realize it until it was too late. She never noticed that from the very beginning that Hyomin was unconsciously drawing her attention. It was frustrating because the T-ara member was really oblivious and wasn‘t even trying. That first started during the time when she was fumbling through the show and always being edited out and truthfully long before the start of Hyomin’s mission to attach herself to Sunny. A very long time ago.

People know from watching the show that Hyomin was the dependent one in their relationship. If you asked anyone about their opinion regarding the matter then they’d say that.

That isn’t necessarily true.

At least not for Sunny.

It wasn’t obvious to others except herself, but Sunny had grown dependent on Hyomin.
She grew attached and in a way emotionally dependent on Hyomin. It was just that not many realized it because she was never as clingy as Hyomin was.

Hyomin’s presence was addicting. The more you take her in, the more you want her.

Sunny was the drug addict and Hyomin was her drug of choice.

Sunny had many doubts but only Hyomin’s presence can truly wash all those away.


Drugs can do a lot of things to you.

They can twist your mind into thinking different thoughts whether they’re true or not. They can even mess up your emotions and bring them out to be raw.

Hyomin is similar to that.
Hyomin is a drug that makes her believe. She makes her believe in a lot of things.
With her enormous faith in the shorter girl, She makes Sunny believe she’s invincible.
Hyomin also makes her feel. With actions like the way she smiles so shyly, the way she careless fumbles her way doing tasks she isn’t good at and the way she’d talk in a timid a quiet voice, Hyomin can fill Sunny with many different emotions. It was exhilarating and exciting and Sunny wasn’t sure about anything but that. Everything becomes complicated but at the same time it isn’t.

It can be confusing when you think about it too much.
It gave her headaches as she’d try to piece things bit by bit only to tear them right a part.
It was a puzzle that Sunny was trying to solve but knew she could do never do it alone.

Thinking too much complicates things.

So Sunny decides not to think about it anymore.

She doesn't think about it anymore when one day she just marches up to Hyomin and kisses her, catching her off guard.

She definitely doesn’t think about it when all she can do is taste or feel is Hyomin’s sweet lips on her own and she just smiles into the kiss when the girl finally starts kissing her back.