02.

Butterfly Fairy & Dragon Prince

SURPRISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I was actually contemplating if it was a good idea to extend this one-shot, and I chose to!

This is and will be a big commitment for me to keep this story updated.

Please support me as I try my best to write!!

Any thoughts, comments and suggestions are gladly welcomed and accepted!! 

 

MUAHK!!!

 

<3, NAUE523

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 2. How to Tame my Dragon

 

Dara

 

I woke up this morning… to my little Jira’s soft kisses.

 

“Mommy… Jira wants to eat.”

 

“Morning dear, what time is it?” I scurried over to look at the time, eeek!! It was 6:30 a.m. “Isn’t it a little early for your tummy?” I questioned not wanting to get out of bed. Other mornings I wouldn’t mind, but this morning, I was planning to enhance my beauty sleep. I’ve felt queasy these past few days as well, maybe it’s the incoming winds this fall. I clearly do not want to get up…

 

“Well, daddy says that if I want to be a pretty fairy like mommy, I must eat very early. If I wait the dragon in my tummy will grumble!” Jira made it sound as if it was the most secretive yet fascinating thing. “Mommy, I don’t want the dragon in my tummy to grumble.”

 

I glanced over to the Kwon sleeping besides me… tsch… there he is, all snuggled up in the comforter with a sly smirk… eyes closed…. yet trying to steal a peek. Oh dearest Kwon husband of mine, you will regret what you have done to my beauty sleep…

 

“Hold on Jira,” I said as I got up, “Let mommy wash up then we will feed your dragon (tummy).” Getting out of bed, I took one last glance at my oh-so-clever husband… He managed to smile with his sleepy eyes. “You better enjoy your sleep…” I hastily whispered and threw my pillow at him which he caught and blew me a kiss. Remind me again why I am married, I mean, raising this kid??

Jira took the opportunity to climb into our bed and snuggled up next to her mischevious daddy under the covers. Aiya, how do I live with these two dragons?

 

Jiyong

 

Yup, my baby girl did it! I was waiting for the arrival of Jira in  our bedroom this morning. A early morning awaits my beautiful Dara as Jira continues about the dragon in her tummy. How clever am I? Last night my lovely wife did ask me to explain the difference between G-Dragon and Jiyong…

 

Flashback……..

“Let your daddy tell you about the dragon prince…”

 

“So what now daddy? If the butterfly fairy is pretty like mommy, then is the dragon prince… scary like you?”

 

“Wha… What did you say?” Please don’t tell me my own flesh and blood said that… “No. Daddy is not scary though…” I answered. “Can’t you see, daddy is charming, handsome, cute and young like a prince?”

 

I can tell that my little Jira was contemplating… “What are you thinking about?”

 

“Well, Panda Uncle…” Seungri again?? “...says that he is cute and young and charming. He says that you are mean and scary…” she mumbled.

 

I’ll make sure that panda gets a taste of a dragon’s wrath… “Well honey, Uncle Ri” “Daddy, it’s Uncle Panda” “Okay, Uncle Panda was trying to be funny. That’s only a joke.”

 

“Joke? Yes it’s a joke. My daddy is the best.

 

“Yup. Daddy is not mean and scary right?” I asked again. Please, please say no…

 

“Yeah, Uncle Panda was just joking.” she shouted with a smile and placed a kiss on my cheek, and that was what she inherited from Dara, other than being the exact carbon copy, they both can’t live without me.

 

“You see, the dragon prince loved both of his fairies a lot. What Uncle Panda meant was that when daddy is hungry, the dragon in daddy’s tummy wakes up and grumbles.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. Cute little girls like my Jira who stay up too late will wake up with a upset dragon in their tummy.”

 

“Oh… so daddy, good night. Jira has to make the dragon happy so that it will not grumble.” She tried to get me to leave. “Lights out daddy!” She demanded. No difference from the older fairy… Oops, I meant my fairy wife…

 

“Ok Jira. Now listen, if you don’t want to upset the dragon in your tummy, then you have to wake up the butterfly fairy early tomorrow to make you some food to feed you inner dragon.” Ha, two can play this game Mrs. Kwon…

 

Present…

“Daddy, I calmed the dragon! I woke up early and asked for food first!” Jira climbed up to bed with me. Good girl. I knew that it was in the Kwon blood to frustrate Dara.

 

Dara

 

Aish… this Kwon never fails to frustrate me. I am soooo T.I.R.E.D.!!!

 

40 mins later….

 

About forty minutes later I see my little dragon in the kitchen where I was making breakfast. Her clothes disheveled and her hair in disarray, trying hard to open her eyes with the morning sunlight.

 

“Mommy, Jira awake!”

 

“I bet you and your daddy had a nice sleep huh? Wash up and get ready for breakfast, because we are going to the beach today with Auntie Corn, Uncle Alien and Minjae oppa!”

 

“Okay. How about daddy? He says his dragon is not grumbling yet?”

“Tell your daddy….”

 

Jiyong

 

“Yay daddy!!! We are going to the beach with Corn (Bom), the Alien (Seunghyun), and Minjae oppa (Bom and Seunghyun’s kid… you thought dragons grumbling was wierd? Wait until you hear about the Alien who fell in love with a Cornstalk and produced a Minjae, a kid who talks about nothing but the galaxy and is seriously obsessed with cornbread...And yes everyone, that was my Seunghyun hyung’s life summed up in simple terms).

“Hurry daddy, I think the dragons might grumble soon! Let’s go eat!”

 

This kid never fails to amaze me….

 

“Jira-ah… daddy is tired though… maybe a kiss on the cheek to wake daddy up please?”

Muahk….

 

“There, now let’s go!”

 

“Wait, mommy says that before we go down, we have to wash up. Mommy said that ‘specially daddy needs to be fully awake and be prepared to clean after breakfast.”

 

“Hmm.. kay. Let’s go!”


 

While the father-daughter pair were still snuggled up in bed, Dara made a phonecall to Bom….

 

“Unnie! Beach!!”

 

“Gosh Dara, please remind yourself that you are a 26 year old woman with a 5 year old daughter.” Bom grumbled, due to the fact that Dara had called so early in the morning about the trip, when they were not leaving until the afternoon.

 

“Sorry Bommie, I can’t help it. It’s been too long since I’ve been to water.”

 

“Tsch…. Once you marry a dragon, you also become one.” Bom snickered.

 

“Yah, Bommie… well you aren’t too much of an alien yourself either.” We both laughed.

 

“May I ask you again Dara, why are you calling me so early in the morning? It’s 7am. We don’t leave until 1pm.” Bom groaned.

 

“You tell me. Jiyong had Jira wake me up 30 mins ago to make them breakfast. I mean, why do we have a cooking ahjumma in our home?”I questioned.

 

“Dara, you see… it doesn’t help much with the fact that you gave all you house helpers the week off for vacation right?”

 

“Oh… right.. he he.. I forgot.”

 

“Now, what did you do that you had to bear the consequence of waking up at 6:30 in the morning and disturb my sleep as well huh?” Bom huffed.

 

“Well last night…” I began…

 

“Hold it Kwon mama, getting a little rated here huh?” I also hear a voice shouting from the background, “Tell Dara to keep Kwon to herself” Tsh.. Seunghyun….

 

“Bommie, tell that bushy eyebrowed alien of yours that I will, and please, will you two ever let me finish?”

 

“Fire” (eh eh eh eh eh eh eh 2ne1), typical T.O.P.

 

“As I was saying, last night Jiyong was telling Jira a bedtime story…. and I brought up Jiyong and Dragon, which it took him forever to explain them to Jira. And so, he decides to payback by having Jira wake me up extra early this morning. I mean, we could have went out for brunch instead…”

 

“Yeah.. your clever plan backfired on you huh?” Bom couldn’t hold her laugh.

 

“Oh stop it. You’re supposed to be on my side remember?”

 

“Sorry Dara… umm… if you’d like some help, I think this will help…” Bom teased.

 

“Tell me” I answered in a heartbeat. Anything I can do to pay back Kwon, I will do!

 

“Well, at least this plan tamed this bushy eyebrow alien of mine…”  As expected, Seunghyun shouted from the background, “Hey, my eyebrows have absolutely nothing to do with your situation!!!!!”

“Ignore him,” Bom continued, “let me go downstairs so that I can peacefully talk with you… And so as I was saying, give him the silent treatment.”

 

“Silent treat….. blaahhhhhh.. Sorry Bom, my dragon just woke up. Talk to you in a bit once I escape from this cave!” When did bacon start to make me feel like vomiting?

 

Time to start my mission!! Plan: How to tame my Dragon!