In a Lonely Place

In a Loney Place

It was weird. Seeing Taemin on We Got Married and actually trying so hard, was strange. It hurt, he wasn't anything to you, just a friend, but it hurt. You were on the set of WGM because he had forgotten something from the last time you guys had hung out. It was a small little box with a necklace inside. He was supposed to give it to Naun in todays episode.

When the director yelled cut Taemin stayed talking to her for a little bit and then when he saw you he excused himself to go and get the box.

"Anj! Thank you so much for coming; i can't believe i left this on the restaurant table. Thanks for noticing it and bringing it with you."

"It's fine, glad i could help." You faked a smile and handed him the box.  The director called and Taemin went running back to everyone else. You sighed and sat down on the bench close by. You were looking at your phone when more weight was added to the bench. Looking up you see Luhan sitting next to you. "Luhan oppa, hi!"

"Hi Angie."

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here with the other members, we were asked to appear on the show again."

"Oh really, how fun."

"What about you, still making googly eyes at Taemin."

"What??? Why would i do that? I just came by to drop something off that he needed." You faced forward and avoided Luhan's gaze.

"Mhhm sure. Angie you know you don't have to lie to me; i thought we were really good friends."

You turned to see his face and saw that sad look in his eyes. "I know; we are really good friends.. i'd just rather not talk about this."

"Okay then, no talking... but we're not staying here either!"

"What?? Don't you NEED to be here?"

"Not really.. they only need eight of us.. one of the other members can cover for me." He got up from the bench and held out his hand to you. You stared at him for a second and took his hand happily. He pulled you away from all the wgm craziness and flagged down a taxi.

AS soon as you were buckled in you turned to him, "So where are we going exactly?" You laughed as you saw his face become confused.

"Hmmm.. i don't really know yet... how about ... OH DRIVER TAKE US TO THE BEACH!"

"The beach??"  You looked at him and thought he was crazy.

"Mmmhm, the beach. It's nice and lonely there this time of year." For the rest of the trip you sat back and thought about the beach and how you didn't really want to go to a lonely place, you felt alone enough already.

Without realizing it you had fallen asleep and during the bumpy ride you head landed on Luhan's shoulder. He looked down at you and wondered what you were dreaming of. "Probably Taemin" he whispered as to not wake you.  "Aish, you should just date me Angie... I'm the one who's always there for you. Just look at me." He moved his hand to you hair but decided against it. The rest of the drive continued in that position.

It took a few hours but you finally got to the destination. Luhan woke you up and paid for the taxi. You both walked around in silence for a bit and looked at the beach. "It is really quiet this time of year." You said as you picked a spot on the ground to look out into the ocean from.

 

He sat down next to you and after a moment grabbed your hand. Your head snapped to look at your hands together than up to Luhan's face. It was calm and peaceful and beautiful. You never thought much of it; but you always did like Luhan a bit more than normal.  You felt your face heat up and when you moved to pull your hand away he tightened his grip.

 

Luhan didn't want to let go; he didn't want this one peaceful moment with you to be ruined by anything. No Taemin walking in and interrupting conversations or calling you because he needed something and making you leave Luhan behind. He was with you and that's all he wanted.

 

"You know; i take back what i said." he continued to look at the ocean as he spoke.

 

"What do you mean?" 

 

"This place is really quiet, but it's not lonely. I thought it was because i would always come here alone. Everytime i was sad or angry i came here alone because i didn't want to deal with anyone else. But i don't want to do that anymore. I brought you here because all i want is to not be lonely anymore. I wanted to share this place with one very important person; that's you Angie. You make me feel less lonely, you make me feel happy and .... I love you." As those last three words escaped his lips he finally turned to face you. His eyes looked into yours and you began to realize everything Luhan was to you.

 

Anytime you needed him he was there; and now that he has confessed to you, that he's made himself so vulnerable, you finally saw him clearly. "Luhan... I ...."

 

"I know, it's sudden and i'm sorry for springing it on you. We can go back if you want."

 

"No! Luhan, I .. i love you too. I didn't realize what it was, but i love you. What i felt for Taemin, it was just my past that i couldn't forget; but you, you've been everything for me. I love you too Luhan."

 

Luhan's heart was ready to pop out of his chest. He never believed you would actually see him as a man. He leaned into you and not so suddenly you felt his soft light lips on yours. It was what love should feel like: warm, comforting, passionate but caring.

 

The two of you stayed there for the rest of the day; together in your lonely place.