Just too Grateful

I Don't Like Being Alone

"SAMCHEON!!!" I yelled out as soon as I saw him in the hall. 

He saw me and his face went white. He stifly put up a hand to wave, "Oh, Yisoo-ya..." The he turned to run into his office. 

"Yah! Samcheon, you know you can't hide from me!!" I ran after him leaving the guys in the dust. 

If this were a manga they would all have sweatdrop thingies.

Gongchan turned to Jinyoung, " I've never seen the President like that... Do you know what happened?"

Jinyoung smirked and let out a chuckle, "Well, Hyung-nim was supposed to take her to her house last night, but he cancled on her last minute."

"Ah," Gongchan nodded understanding Yisoo's action.

***

I finally manage to drag Samcheon out of his office after many apologies from him. I glared at him and he wouldn't make eye contact with me. I rolled my eyes.

I walked over to the guys with Samcheon sticking behind me with his head down like an apologetic puppy who just peed in the house. I looked at him and threw my hand at him and smacked him in the chest, "Pull yourself together in front of your musicians!"

The boys jumped at my sudden agression.

"I don't think I've seen even your wife have that kind of control over you Hyung-nim..." Sandeul said slightly cautiously.

He huffed and looked at me with distaste. I met his eyes and took in a sharp breath and pulled my hand back as if I was gonna hit him. He cowered back, "Well, Yisoo is like my daughter, and well... fathers can sometimes be slaves to their daughters, like me." I closed my eyes, crossed my arms, and nodded my head in agreement. I opened my eyes to a bunch of scared guys. 

I realized that they probably thought I was some monster. I quickly unfolded my arms and waved them, "I'm not violent usually, but he... he left me to fend for myself!!!" I gave up defending myself with words and gave them my best aegyo pout. They started laughing, aegyo always works!

Suddenly a thirty-something year old man came up behind the boys, "Are you guys ready to go?"

Jinyoung and the rest of the boys greated the man, "Yep hyung, are we leaving right now?"

Their manager dragged them away as they waved to me. I turned to Samcheon, "Are we gonna leave too?"

He had pretty much recoved from earlier, "Yeah, let's go." 

***

We got in to Samcheon's car and drove about five minutes until Samcheon started talking, "Yisoo-ya."

"What?"

"Are you feeling better?"

I turned to look at him, "Mhm," I said nodding, looking forward again.

He look away from the road really quick to see if I was telling the truth.

"I seriously am. Now look at the road not me!" I pushed his head forward and he let out a chuckle.

"I'm really glad you've been coming out of that house lately, it wasn't healthy to stay in there for so long."

I sighed and tilted my head to look out the window. I feel bad for all I put Samcheon through... Even though I was the one depressed, I was never the only one hurt. Samcheon and Immo were always there with me, even when I pushed them away. Only now have I realized their sacrafices for me, and I feel embaressed from my childish behaviour. 

Keeping my eyes glued to the window I mustered up my courage, "Gomawo, Samcheon..."

I could the suprise in his voice, "For what?"

I glanced over at him and brought my knees up to my chest in my seat, "You know... for everything. For the support you have given me, emotionally and finacially. This job you gave me. I just..." I started getting choked up, "I was so miserable after mom and dad... left." By this point I couldn't help but let a few tears go.

Samcheon reached over and patted my head, "You do know that me and Immo are doing everything we've done because we love you right? It's not because we want you to be grateful toward us, so don't thank me because your a daughter to us."

I silently nodded my head still turned away and the conversation ceased.

It had been quiet in the car for about two minutes before Samcheon looked over at me and I could see a sly grin on his face with my perifial vision. I turned to look at him, by this time his smile was in full bloom as he pluged in his phone and started playing a song.

 I let out a small laugh as I began to belt out the song with my Samcheon, he always knew the perfect song to play.

The song was almost over, "Yisoo-ya, have you ever thought about being an idol?"

This was the first time he ever asked me that. He was probably joking, "Of course! But do you really think I would suceed? I'm pretty sure I would just get a bunch of anti-fans!" I giggled and kept singing.

Samcheon looked over to me again, "Anti-fans? Not with your voice, I don't think. I've seen all kinds of performers and your voice is exceptional."

I looked over at him in suprise, he wasn't kidding... But before either of us could say anything more the next song started playing and we absolutly cracked up.

We had memorized the dance when the song first came out. I was the red one and mom, dad, Samcheon, and Immo all learned it together. And may I say we were awesome.

Samcheon and I were doing all the moves, except of course the jumping due to the fact we were in a car.

The song was still going when we got the MBC building, so of course we were still dancing. Samcheon was doing the rap part and I was bobbing my head and dancing I happened to look out the window and saw B1A4 standing there staring at us. I froze when I met Jinyoung's eyes. And then broke out into an uncontrolable laughing fit, I was laughing so hard I cried. I hit Samcheon and showed him why I was laughing so hard, he too joined my in a histarical fit.

The song ended and I hopped out of the car and autimatically ran over to the guys with a huge smile, "Did you guys see all of that?!"

Jinyoung nodded.

I started laughing again and started hitting Jinyoung (a habbit that I do when I laugh). I brought my head down to my hands and tried to get ahold of my laughter, this ended in failure because when Samcheon got out of the car he started dancing again. I made eye contact with him and we both knew what to do. He pulled out his phone and started the song over. And so we both continued to dance. Jinyoung looked at us in horror, he turned red from embarassment. The rest clapped and sang along.

After me and Samcheon finished out song Jinyoung stormed away in embaressment and I followed. 

"Oppa! Mihan, eung? Oppa~!"

His face became even more red from my words, still I diligently followed him through the halls.

I ran to get in front of him and stop him, "Oppa," I put my hands together and begged him with aegyo, "I'm really sorry, eung?"

He looked at me and then away and then back to me, "Fine." He moved around me and kept walking.

I jogged to catch up and then walked beside him.

"It was cute though wasn't it?" I said while elbowing him. I looked at him with puppy eyes.

He didn't say anything and gave me a single nod and a shy smile.

This made me excited, "Yeah, Samcheon, Immo, mo...m, and...dad learned it... learned it with me." 

All of a sudden all those memories came back to me. It was just a couple of months ago I still had them.

My memories had taken over and I stopped walking. Dad and mom were my best friends, they were the only ones who made me feel better when I was bullied. They when some of the only people who tried to protect me, the only other ones being Samcheon and Immo.

The next thing I knew my eyes were blurry. I quickly came back to reality a pushed the tears away. I cleaned myself up and looked up only to meet eyes with Jinyoung. His eyes were saucers and he came over to me

"Wha..What's wrong?" he was genuinely concerned.

Genuinely concerned, for me? I looked away not knowing how to react to him, to that emotion. It made my head hurt to think that he could... could care about...me.

"No..." I wispered. He didn't. No, he couldn't. No one could.

I looked up to him and put on my smile, "Yeah my eyes, I think something got in them."

I lied. 

The rest our group came up behind us. I looked over, smiled, and waved them over.

Jinyoung was still staring at me with confusion and disbelief.

We all walked to B1A4's waiting room and they began getting ready.

Samcheon took me around and introduced me to his old dongsaengs from college and close people he met through different broadcast. I'm almost positive that I had to greet over 200 people.  

We were almost done and started heading back to where the boys were. I was still in awe though the whole set up was so elaborate.

I blindly followed Samcheon as I looked around backstage and through the hallways. My eye caught sight of a guy up in the catwalk of the stage. I wasn't sure what he was doing and was just really curious for some reason. As my eyes were peroccupied, I had no idea that some people were watching me. 

My head was cranked upward and I wispered to myself, "What is he...AHGK." I got tangled up in some cord that were on the ground a fell forward. I seriously face-planted... I pushed myself up into proper korean-style sitting and rubbed my forhead.

A hand appeared in front of my face, I looked up. A tanned, very handsom face looked down at me.

"Are you all right?" 

"Eung, yeah," I looked around for witnesses and wispered, "Did you see me fall?"

He let out a chuckle, "Yeah," he pulled me up and then pointed over to a group of like 11 people, "We all saw. I'm sorry, but it was kind of funny."

I hung my head in shame and pushed my hair out of my face, "Well... That's embarassing... but, it's alright. If I fall where people can see me they have a right to laugh at me." I giggled and bowed to him. Then I turned to the group of guys gave a small wave as to say 'I'm all right' and then bowed to them. I could see them laughing even from a distance. And what can I say, it's pretty hilarious that I fell like that. I don't blame them.

I looked back to the person who helped me up, "Thank you so much for helping me," I gave him a eye smile. 

He tilted his head in a cute manner, "No problem." Then he added, "And if you don't mind me asking what are you doing back here?"

I giggled, "Well I work at WM Entertainment as a translator. Samcheon... wait where's he at?" I looked around everywhere. Hm, where did he go?

I looked at the boy again, "Well, I guess he left me. But he was showing me around."

"Ahhh~ okay."

I kept looking around for Samcheon, "How am I supposed to find my way back... Dang it, he always does this to me." I pouted.

Samcheon! Ugh, you always do this, "Ahhh! Molla, molla, I don't I'll just keep looking around, hehehe."

I huffed one more time and then looked up, shocked, "Oh, I forgot you were here."

"Well you were a little busy having a conversation with yourself to notice me," he chuckled.

"Oh~, right, hehe~, I keep embaressing myself in front of you," I looked in to his eyes and then away. He must think I'm crazy.

"Well in return for ignoring me, you have to tell me your name." he said with a carismatic look.

I blinked a couple of times, deflecting that look with my blankness, "Oh, right, I didn't tell you. My name's Yisoo, I'm 19," I bowed.

 He showed me his eye smile, "Kai, I'm 20."

I looked back to the group of guys, still staring at me, and notice Kai's clothes matched theirs, "Are you guys singers?"

He followed my eyes and nodded, "Here come over," with this he grabbed my hand and led me over to the group.

"Guys, this is Yisoo. She works at WM Entertainment." He pulled me in front of the guys and then went to stand by them, "1,2,3"

"We are One! Annyeonghasaeyo, EXO imnida!"

I jumped back. It felt weird being greeted like that by, well... to be honest, SO many attractive guys. I didn't know what else to do but bow, so, that's what I did. 

"Ne, yeah, it's nice to meet you." I really had no idea what I should do and just brushed my hair back nervously.

Not being around people for so long really makes it difficult to get used to socializing.

Then I heard a cracked korean accent speak up, "Do you know Korean?"

I looked up and met eyes with a blond, slightly foreign looking guy, "Um yeah, I was actually born here and so Korean is my native language. You can't tell from my appearence but english is my second language."

"Really?" said one of the shorter boys (still taller than me though). He had big eyes and an unwavering stare.

"Yeah..."

"Yisoo-ya! Yisoo... YAH," Gongchan came up behind me, "Yisoo-ya, Hyung-nim was worried." Gongchan looked up and met eyes with Exo, "What are you doing?" still staring at the group.

I looked at him and tilted my head in confusion, "Talking to Exo... Wae?"

Gongchan spun his head and faced me, "Ani, just come back to the room soon, okay?" He spun on his heals and left through the stage door.

What the heck was that? That was... wierd, especially from Gongchan.

All 24 eyes were on me, "Do you know him?" Kai asked.

"Mhum, he's from my Samcheon's agency..." I thought about it for a second, "Actually I should follow him, I don't know my way back to the room."

With that I bounded off after Gongchan, leaving Exo behind.

Kai stared after me. As did the rest of the group.

One of the tallest members spoke up first, "Wait so she speaks english?" Kai nodded at him, "Man I really want to talk to her, I haven't had the chance to speak english in a long time."

"Kris-hyung!" said a colorful headed boy.

"What?!? Sehunnie, I'm seriously forgetting my english! What am I supposed to do when I go back to Canada?"

 "Ay~ Hyung don't be so dramatic!" a deep voice said. It came from a slightly dorky looking guy.

The big eyed boy spoke up, "You know Chanyeol-hyung, being more fluent in english would also help your rapping..."

"Really?! Really Kyungsoo-ah?" Chanyeol looked at him with big eyes. He was shaking Kyungsoo by the shoulders and Kyungsoo just nodded.

Xiumin ignored the children and walked over to Kai who was still staring off in the direction you went. Xiumin put his arm around Kai, "She's really pretty, don't you think?"

Kai shot daggers at his hyung, "Mwo?!"

Xiumin winked at Kai, "Ay~ no need to get so sensitive."

Kai laughed at Xiumin and pretend-punched him in the gut. Although he was messing around, his mind was still preoccupied by that strange girl who fell over so dramatically, looked at him so innoccently, and took everything so calmly. She was just so... different... She was inoccent and pure.