006

Coffee Beans and One-Night Stands

 

Chapter Six; Confused Kris is confused and .

 

Kris groans as his head throbs, midly ashamed of himself for drinking enough to get a hangover for the first time in his entire life. The pounding doesn’t stop no matter how hard he wills it away, whimpering quietly because he just wants to sleep.

 

He rolls onto his side, pulling both sides of his pillow up over his ears in a childish attempt to stop the pounding in his skull. Kris relaxes as the rhythm quiets just so.

 

Wait Kris sits straight up, pillow falling to the floor and sheets slipping off of his bare form as he realizes that the pounding is not coming from his head but is actually coming from the front door of his apartment. He all but growls as his eyes move to the clock beside him that reads 8:13 AM in pretty green neon.

 

He’s barely slid into his sweatpants and out of his bedroom when he hears the lock on his front door click. Before he has a chance to react (Or find a weapon; he could be getting robbed for all he knows.) a head a shaggy caramel locks is brushing past him with a stack of books and an overflowing messenger bag, muttering something about nosey bosses and y roommates.

 

Kris whips around a full minute after Chanyeol’s passed him, brain trying desperately to catch up because as is he has no ing clue what’s going on. “What?” he calls as he follows Chanyeol into his living room, voice still thick with sleep and face itchy with morning stubble.

 

“I need a place to study.”

 

Kris stops dead in his tracks, confusion leaking into every crack and crevice of his body because just what? “And why did you come to my house for that?”

 

Chanyeol sighs angrily as he spreads his textbooks out over Kris’s coffee table. “Kyungsoo has his boyfriend over and wants the apartment all to himself for the day, because apparently it’s his apartment even though I pay more than my fair share of rent and utilities. Normally I go to the café whenever I can’t study at home, but every time I walk in the door Tao’s up my about one thing or another-” Kris cuts him off with a simple ‘I know what you mean,’ prompting a laugh from the younger student. “Anyway, I’ve only got one other place I could go and with the morning I’ve had already, I am really not going there. I’ll make you breakfast or something to make up for it.”

 

Kris flops onto the couch (Gracefully, like a swan. In fact, call him Wu Yiswan.) and looks over the younger man’s shoulders, whistling lowly when he sees the contents. “Aren’t those fourth year books?”

 

“Yeah,” Chanyeol mutters, pencil flying over his notebook. “I took some college classes in high school to save my parents some money.”

 

Kris nods and silence settles over them as Chanyeol does his work, only broken when the elder’s stomach grumbles loudly.

 

Chanyeol laughs and shakes his head before demanding Kris show him the kitchen.

 

There’s a comfortable quiet between the two as Chanyeol cooks for them and Kris is honestly surprised by how comfortable he is having Chanyeol in his home. It had taken almost two months for him to invite Tao over when they were in high school, yet Chanyeol bursts in unannounced and Kris all but gives him a house key.

 

It’s Kris’s turn to laugh and shake his head when Chanyeol curses, having somehow spilled scrambled eggs down the front of his shirt.

 

“How did you even manage that?” Kris asks, leading Chanyeol into his room to change into one of his shirts.

 

“I have no clue,” Chanyeol whines, pulling his t-shirt up over his head and using the dry spots to wipe the egg from his stomach and chest.

 

“You know,” Kris says with a smirk, eyes trailing the length of Chanyeol’s body. “I can think of something I’d like to eat a lot more than scrambled eggs.”

 

Chanyeol, completely oblivious to the look Kris is giving him, looks up with wide eyes. “What’s that?”

 

You.”

 

-----

 

Kris groans as, for the second time today, he’s woken up by someone pounding on his door. He sits up slowly, careful not to wake the man still napping beside him.

 

He slides back into his sweatpants and approaches the door, glaring holes through it the moment it’s in sight. He turns the lock and yanks the door open, thoroughly shocked when, also for the second time today, someone brushes past him like they own his apartment, muttering strings of curse words in various languages.

 

He doesn’t catch most of what the red head’s saying until he turns to face him, arms crossed over his chest and lightly ringed eyes irritated.

 

“You moved your spare key,” Tao accuses.

 

Kris quirks a brow, confused and frankly quite tired of being confused for the day. (And just tired in general after several round of mind-blowing with the barista sleeping his room, but that’s not important right now.) “No I didn’t.”

 

“I looked, it wasn’t there, Kris. If you didn’t want me coming over anymore you could’ve just said so, you didn’t have to move the key. What if it were some emergency and I really needed to get in here and now I can’-”

 

Kris cuts him off, finally remembering that Chanyeol had already come in the apartment before Kris got to the door and figuring that he had used the key. “I didn’t move it. Chanyeol must’ve used it when he came in earlier and hasn’t put it back yet. It’s probably sitting on my coffee table right now. Anyway, why did you bust into my apartment in the first place?”

 

Tao’s eyes go wide, mouth hanging agape. “Wait, wait, wait. Chanyeol was here?”

 

“Yeah,” Kris says with a shrug, not seeing what the big deal is.

 

“Why’d he come over here? Are you two dating? Huh?”

 

Kris doesn’t even have time to catch the excited tone to his ex’s voice because a much deeper voice is saying “Because his boss is way too nosey for him to study in peace at the café.”

 

Tao turns to glare at Chanyeol. “Hmph. Park Chanyeol you are the worst friend ever. See if I ever worry about your well-being aga-” Tao stops mid sentence, eyes going wide as he realizes that both men are shirtless and in sweat pants: Kris’s sweatpants. “Ha! You two are dating! Aren’t you? I knew it, I knew you guys would be perfect for each other,” he gloats, completely misreading the situation. “I told Sehun you guys would be the perfect couple. I said to him-”

 

Kris’s eyes narrow at the mention of Tao’s new boyfriend. It’s not that he’s jealous or anything, he’s over any romantic feelings he had for Tao, but seriously, who the gets a boyfriend a week after you break up? Without even thinking of the repercussions Kris walks over to throw an arm around Chanyeol’s shoulders. “You caught us, Tao. Yeollie and I are dating.” He pulls his arm back to clap his hands before pushing Tao towards the door. “Now it was so nice of you to visit, but it’s still early in the relationship, y’know, I want to spend as much time alone with my boyfriend as possible so bye, see you later, tell Luhan I said hey.”

 

Tao doesn’t even get a chance to speak as Kris manages to get him out into the hallway and close the door behind him, leaving him alone in his apartment with a not so pleased Chanyeol.

 

“You told Tao we were dating,” the younger says simply.

 

“Yeah. Moment of panic, sorry.”

 

“I’m never gonna hear the end of it from him now and it’s all your fault,” Chanyeol sighs before a grin breaks out across his lip. “Actually, if we’re dating now, then I’m sure my loving boyfriend has no problem with giving me the autographed basketball in his closet for me to love and cherish forever.”

 

Kris blanches as Chanyeol turns back into his room. “No, not the Michael Jordan basketball!”

 

Kris trips over his own feet at least three times trying to chase his ‘boyfriend’ back into his room.


(On second thought, don’t call him Wu Yiswan.)

 

 

It seems like these chapters are jut getting shorter and shorter. -sobs horribly-
 
Anyway, at least it's an update?:D Which, this will finally be updated frequently again because atm I'm only working on two chaptered fics at a time and this is one of themm!:) the other one is my TaoToria story Royalty Among Thieves. shameless advertising ftw
 
So, in other news, I'm 12 away from 1,000 unique subscribers!:D And as a little celebratory thing, I'm trying to get this story advertised next Wednesday. So far it's looking like I'll get to, but that could change easily since I only have a little bit of karma, so if you guys want to donate karma to the cause I woud be eternally grateful. (Do not feel obligated to, this is only if you feel this story deserves to be advertised and want to help out. It is perfectl yfine if you don't want to.) 
 
Either way, comments would make me even happier than getting the advertisment space, so you guys make sure to tell me what you thought of the chapter okay!c:
 
Love you, wo ai ni, saranghae, etc.<3