001

Coffee Beans and One-Night Stands

 

Chapter One; Hella gay barista.

 

The first thing Kris notices when walking into Panda&Deer Confectionery (Which he thinks is a terrible name since the sweetest thing they sell to eat are cinnamon rolls.) is that the barista behind the counter is actually as tall as him. The second thing he notices is that the barista is hella gay, according the small chalkboard sign sitting next to the counter.

 

“Good morning. What can I get for you today?” the barista, Chanyeol by his name tag, asks with a smile.

 

Kris tears his eyes from the sign, lips twitching at the edges as he suppresses chuckles, and turns to the barista. “I’m actually here to talk to Tao, but if Luhan made the cinnamon rolls I’ll take one of those.”

 

Chanyeol smiles as he hands Kris a warm roll, quickly followed by his receipt before walking back into the kitchen area.

 

Kris doesn’t know what possesses him to pick up the small pen lying beside the cash register and scribble his number on the back. Maybe it’s the fact that Chanyeol seems sweet and has a cute smile, but it’s a lot more likely that he’s secretly hoping that going out with someone else will make his ex-boyfriend jealous. Of course Kris will never say that, because if he says that people will assume he’s still upset over Tao breaking up with him and getting a new boy toy, and that most certainly isn’t the case. (Except it kind of is, because who gets a new boyfriend a week after you break up?)

 

He sets the pen on top of the receipt, sliding it back over to the cash register and straightening as Chanyeol comes back out from the kitchen, Tao trailing behind him with a happy smile.

 

“Gege, what are you doing here?” Tao asks with a smile, rushing up to throw his arms around Kris’s shoulders in a tight hug. “Did you find more of my stuff?”

 

Kris nods. “Yeah. I figured I’d drop it off on my way to class.”

 

“Thank you,” Tao says with a blinding smile before turning to Chanyeol. “I’ll be right back, hyung.”

 

Tao doesn’t notice the wink Kris sends the barista before they’re both turning and walking out to Kris’s car, but Chanyeol does, heat rising to his cheeks almost instantly. He looks away as the door chime dings, the sound indicating Kris’s departure, and notices the small slip of paper on the counter. He picks it up, eyes widening as he sees the numbers scrawled across the back.

 

He’s staring at the receipt in shock when Tao comes back in, laughter falling from his lips at the sight the tall barista makes.

 

“Who was that?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“The blonde guy with the permanent scowl?” Chanyeol nods. “That was my friend Kris. Why?”

 

Chanyeol flips the receipt around so Tao can see it. “Because he gave me his number. Why would he give me his number?”

 

Tao looks away guiltily, coughing and muttering something about needing to help Luhan make something before rushing back into the kitchen. Chanyeol scowls and rounds the counter, gasping in mild horror as he notices the sign that had previously read “Today your barista is: Chanyeol. For your drink today, I recommend a cappuccino.” has been completely erased and instead reads “Today your barista is: 1) Hella gay. 2) Desperately single. For your drink today, I recommend you give me your number.;)”

 

“You’ve gotta be ing kidding me,” he mutters before yelling to the owner in the kitchen. “For ’s sake Tao!”

 

He hears a series of loud guffaws before Luhan is poking his head out of the door. “Tao just snuck out the employee entrance.” 

 

“Well, when my shift is over, I’m gonna kill him.”

 

 

Hello! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. Don't forget to leave a comment telling me what you thought, okay? ^.^