Chapter 6

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyewon’s POV

         As we left the building, we were in completely silence. I didn't want to pronounce any word, because I didn’t know what to say to anything that Nam Woohyun would tell me.

 

         “So… Where shall we go?” Nam Woohyun started.

         “Oh? Oh… Well…” I felt dumb for suddenly feeling awkward so I cleared my throat. “Harabeoji always goes to the mini-market that is just a few blocks from here. We will go there first.” I said speeding my way. Nam Woohyun walked trying to catch me.

         “Yah, Kang Hyewon! Can you wait for me?” He said with the same arrogant tone that had demanded me at the gas station, two months ago, to attend him. I stopped trying to calm down the anger that burned all over my body with this tone because I didn't like people to talk to me in that way (who was him?) and much less him.

         “Kang Hyewon, you’re not going alone. Wait for me.” He said, panting and pouting a little when he reached me.

         “Don't stay behind. We don't know where or how is harabeoji.” I replied him.

 

         We walked in silence to the mini-market that was in the neighborhood.

 

         “Excuse me… Do you know Hyunsoo harabeoji, right? He’s the old man whom I come with always…” The security guard of the mini-market nodded, frowning a little as I continued. “Have seen him around today?”

         “Oh, well, yes. I think he was here in the morning.” He said scratching his neck, as if trying to recall the full act. “He left a few moment ago I think.” He answered, averting his gaze from me to Nam Woohyun.

         “Oh, really?” A relief flooded on my body, knowing that at least he was fine some minutes ago. He couldn’t be dead already, could he? “And didn’t you see where he went or something?” I tried to not sound as worry as I was.

         “Sure, he went in that direction.” He said pointing with his index finger to the north.

         “Thank you!” I said and bowed a little, before almost running to the direction the guy had told us.

         “Where are we going?” Nam Woohyun asked me as we started walking. He was having a quite hard time trying to follow my steps but I couldn’t care less.

         “Don’t you see? The security guard told me he went by this way, didn’t you hear?” I grumbled, trying to hold my annoyance.

         “Yes, I know, I heard.” He said rather harshly, too. “I want to know where exactly we are going.” He seemed to be as annoyed as I was there with him.

         “Hmm…” I glanced at him and caught him looking at me which could easily make me feel awkward at being stared by a pair of really deep and beautiful dark brown eyes but instead of that, a just got some strength. “We’re going to a billiard place. He always goes there after eating something.”

         “To a billiard? I see.” He frowned a bit and kept walking.

 

 

Woohyun’s POV

         We said goodbye to the grandmother and set off to look for the grandfather. First we went to a mini-market and Kang Hyewon asked the security guard for the grandfather as he told us he went there before indeed but he wasn’t there anymore. Then we went to a billiard which, according to what Kang Hyewon, the grandfather frequented after eating.

 

         “Kang Hyewon-ssi, does halmeoni know that Hyunsoo harabeoji goes to a billiard every morning?”

         “Hmm… I don’t know, why?” She replied not too interested on what I was saying.

         “Uh… When I was a child, appa always went to a billiard, every night, and eomma didn’t like it at all. I think that wives don't like their husbands to go to billiards.” I said remembering the fights that dad and mom had when he went to those places.

         “I see.” She replied a little uncomfortable without looking at me. Why that girl was so hard to even talk with?

         “And what about your appa? Does he go to a billiard?” I asked trying to break the thick ice that was between us.

         “I don’t know.” She replied a bit roughly. Everything I said regarding parents, she seemed to be uncomfortable so I decided to leave that issue and look to the sky trying to find something to say.

         “And where is the billiard?”

         “Here.” She said, pointing with her finger. It was a very poor billiard, not anything compared to the one dad frequented and had taken me few times when I was a teenager. It was small, with only five billiard tables, which were in a really bad state.

         “Excuse me, have you seen the harabeoji Lee Hyunsoo here today?” She asked to the receptionist. She seemed to go frequently to that place too as the blond man seemed to recogn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter