Chapter 10

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         When I arrived at the department of Kang Hyewon, I was startled when she opened the door even before I knocked. She was going to somewhere, I could tell by how she was dressed. She looked startled too but my surprise was bigger when she told me where she was going. She was going to a date with that Yang Seungho, who was waiting for her downstairs. I got really annoyed and I didn’t want to hide it. I left as fast as I could, leaving her maybe staring at my back. I had nothing to do there if she was meeting her oppa. Although I didn’t know exactly why I felt all that.

 

         I went back annoyed to the grandmother’s department and with a straight face that I couldn’t hide. She noticed that I wasn't happy to be back without Kang Hyewon.

 

         “Woohyun-ah, what happened with Hyewon-nie?” She asked concerned as she sat in front of me.

         “She was going out.” I spitted, still annoyed and felt wrong for replying quite harshly to the woman who just saved me from starving.

         “Going out? With who?”

         “Yang Seungho, she said.” I scratched my head and rested it on the wall behind me.

         “Yang Seungho? Aigoo…” The grandmother echoed my words before sighing and rubbed her arm.

         “Halmeoni, does she still love that man?” I finally asked. It was everything I wanted to know. If he liked her, I could bear it and beat that thing. If she liked him, I could too beat it, making her like me more. But if what she felt for him was love… I couldn’t do anything and had just to give up on trying.

         “Love?  No, that’s not love. Love doesn’t destroy people as they have done with each other. Hyewon-ah surely loved him before, I don’t know if he loved her as much as she loved him, but now they have not love anymore. I knew Seungho wasn’t a bad kid, he treated her very well but I knew her feeling was biggest. It is more like a habit; a habit that has done too much damage to the both of them.” Halmeoni said with a faint smile, as if remembering something.

         “Hmm… She was very excited.” I said in disbelief, still remembering how she opened the door almost running, almost bumping into me.

         “It is normal. They had a really long relation. But I assure you that she doesn’t love him anymore.” The grandmother said and once again she got me startled because of her words. I mean, why she was telling me all these things? Did she want me to be Kang Hyewon’s boyfriend and no that Yang Seungho? Why she ‘assured’ me?

         “Halmeoni.” I called her out, looking at her as she looked back at me too. “Why you tell me all these things?” I asked, curious.

         “Woohyun-ah, I don’t like Yang Seungho for Hyewon-nie.” She said, calmed but like if she was keeping something else.

         “And you do like me, then?”

         “That’s right.” I was kidding when I asked her if she liked me for Hyewon. But then her answer…

 

         I sat straight and place my hand in my chin, thinking on the grandmother’s words. I had kind of a help, right? The grandmother was by my side because she wanted me to be Kang Hyewon’s boyfriend and Kang Hyewon did everything what the grandmother told her. So, I shouldn’t waste that opportunity. But I was still curious about many things of Kang Hyewon’s life. I thought it would be helpful to ask the grandmother about those things because maybe if Kang Hyewon didn’t answer, the grandmother will.

 

         “Hmm… halmeoni, I’m curious about something. Why you care so much for her? What happened with her parents? The other day when I asked about her parents I think she was a bit annoyed so I didn’t talk about it anymore.”

         “Aigoo…” halmeoni sighed, to my surprise because I didn’t expect that reaction from her. “If you want to know about that, it is better you ask her. She doesn’t like people talking about that so you ask her yourself one day.”

         “Hmm… I don't think she would want to tell me.” I groaned and rest my back on the wall again, staring at the white ceiling.

        “Perhaps for now she won’t. But Hyewon-nie is a very friendly and nice girl and if she likes you, she will for sure tell you.” The grandmother smiled with that wider smile that no one could refuse to anything and I managed to chuckle. I was so lost in thinking about how I was going to do to win Kang Hyewon.

 

 

Hyewon’s POV

Seungho and I walked silently to a café that was nearby my house. It was small, with just four tables. Its walls were painted with light green and the wooded ceiling gave the place a comfortable feeling. We sat the table nearest the entrance, as I ordered a coffee ice cream and he ordered an espresso.

 

         “Hyewon-ah, why you’ve been so quiet?” He broke the silence after the waitress left.

         “Oh? Oh, n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter