Chapter 4

Be Mine: Just Stay By My Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Woohyun’s POV

         My days at that nasty place were terrible. I didn’t even go out of the house because I had no money, no car. The false friends I had in my past life were no longer there. I had nothing. It had been two months since I went to live in that place. My life was a hell. It happened nothing to at least make it be a little interesting. I missed my past life. I missed my department, my car, my cards, my ‘friends.’ I had nothing and no one. I was alone in that disgusting place that I hated with my life whole.

 

 

         One morning, I woke up tired of my life, as usual. I opened the kitchen drawers and I found nothing to eat. There were only empty boxes of food. In the refrigerator, there were empty bottles of milk and water. My life was in chaos. I thought that day I was going to die so I laid down on the bed, waiting for death to come for me.

 

         I was lying down when someone knocked the door of my house. Who could it be? Only dad knew that I lived there and of course he wasn’t the one who was behind the door. I thought they had knocked on the wrong place so I didn’t get up to open. After a few seconds, the door knocked again. Then I understood that who knocked the door was looking for the one who lived there and that was me.

 

         I was so shocked when I opened the door. The girl who was now in front of me was the one I met two months ago in the minimarket, that Kang… something. I was in front of her; I couldn’t escape or invent any excuse.

 

         “Hello.” I said, matter-of-factly as she opened wide her eyes.

         “Oh! You… You live… here? Oh…” She said before turning around and running away. I was a bit stunned with her attitude. Who on this earth knocks on someone’s door to just run away like that? Even if she had recognized me, why would she do that? I closed the door and lied back on the bed again, still waiting for death to come for me.

 

 

Hyewon’s POV

         One day, the grandmother who lived in the building knocked the door of my house very early. She told me that a guy who had moved there some weeks ago lived in an apartment there. She was worried because since several days earlier she hadn’t saw him going out or in and she wanted to know if he still lived there. She did so in order to invite him to the party's celebration of the seventy years of the grandfather. She told me to go and tell him so and I accepted without any problem because I had nothing to do that day.

 

         I went to the department that the grandmother had told me and knocked the door. I had to knock twice, since there was no response. I was completely speechless when the door was opened. That guy from the minimarket, gasoline station and the one that had been on my mind for the past two months was who had opened the door. This time I had no doubt that he had recognized me. He said hello with the same surprise I had. I stared at him for a few seconds without being able to say anything concrete and ran away like a coward.

 

         When I was away from his apartment, I remembered the reason why I had gone so I filled with value myself and came back and knocked again. I was hoping he never open the door so I couldn’t get the chance to talk him but this time he opened even faster.

 

         “Uh, hi, Nam Woohyun-ssi.” I was so nervous, my heart was racing so fast that I couldn’t even think or speak well. “Uh, downstairs live a couple of grandparents. They have no children and of course no grandchildren. Today is harabeoji’s 70’s birthday and halmeoni wants to have a party. She knows just me because I’ve been living here since long time ago and now you because you now live here too. So she asked me to invite you to the party. Ifyouwanttogo, it’llbeonnoon. We’llbewaitingforyou, bye!”

 

         If someone ever had spoken to me as I spoke to Nam Woohyun, I would slap his or her face and tell him or her to take a deep breath for God’s sake and to speak well because I couldn’t understand anything. Maybe that was on Nam Woohyun’s mind at that moment but I couldn’t do anything, I was so shocke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter