Bad Boys Fact #1: Bad Boys love to tease Good Girls.

The Bad Boy's Secret

Bad Boys Fact #1: Bad Boys love to tease Good Girls.

 

“GD!”

 

“GD! Where are you?!”

 

Dara heard some of the boys shouted that word. Or was it even a word? Maybe an acronym or something? GD? What a weird word? She thought and shrugged her shoulders. It’s better not to get involved with them and waste her time. She went back to reading her book since it’s far more interesting than boys. As what she often tells her friends, ‘books before boys’. With her books, she can travel to different places and experience many things that she won’t experience in real life. She can be who she wants to be. Just thinking of it already brought a smile to her face.

 

“You’re a weird one.”

 

Dara heard someone from behind commented. She put down her book and turned her head slightly to look at the person who said that. She frowned when she found a guy with deep set eyes looking at her with an expressionless face. He looked so bored but his eyes seemed to hide his mischievousness.

 

“What are you looking at?” He asked in a very sharp tone.

 

“I… I-“ Dara tried to form a coherent sentence but her brain won’t cooperate with her so she ended up stuttering at the first word.  “I-I…”

 

“What? Cat got your tongue?” He asked crudely with a pissed off face. Now, there’s an expression painted on his face.

 

“I…” Dara still tried to answer but she just can’t finish it.

 

“Or maybe you were pretending to be shy but deep inside, you’re one of those girls fawning over me?” He asked that seemed to hit her badly that her face turned red.

 

Her face felt warm because of embarrassment. How can this guy tell her such a thing when it’s her first time talking to him? She didn’t even initiate the conversation. Her blood was starting to get on to her head and she was trying to calm herself. Don’t let it get to you! She told herself repeatedly and decided that it would be wiser to stay away. It’s no good to deal with unpredictable people like him.

She remembered her mom telling her to know when to admit defeat and when not to give up. Right now, it’s better to walk away and give up since there’s nothing to lose.

 

Puffing her face, she turned her back away from that rude boy and mumbled, “Ignore him, Dara.” She nodded to herself and continually repeated this to herself, “Don’t let it get to you. Calm down.”

 

It took her a couple more of times to chant it to herself before she managed to calm down and went back to reading her book. Dara smiled as she returned to what she’s doing earlier before that unnecessary interruption. But that only lasted for a second as her book was immediately snatched away from her and almost making her head hit the desk.

 

Quickly, she turned around to glare at the person who stole her book and found herself looking at the same crude guy who was too conceited, in her opinion. Dara threw him a glare and  it seems to amuse him as a small smile curved into his lips. It widens a little bit when he saw her hand demanding for the book.

 

He just looked at the hand in front of him and looked back at her with that deceitful innocence of his.

 

“What’s that for?” He asked.

 

Blushing, Dara managed to answer him, in her softest voice, “Can I have my book back?”

 

“What? Sorry I can’t hear you.” He said and turned his attention to the book. The mischievous glint on his eyes spelled trouble for her as he asked while waving the book, “Is this really yours?”

 

She nodded timidly and bit her lower lip. Dara saw him browse through the pages and she knew what’s that smile for is. Of all books to bring today, it would be that one! Why did I even bring it here in school? Dara scolded herself as she prayed that it would be settled as quietly as possible which seems to be something impossible when this guy’s involved.

 

To her surprise and utter embarrassment, he started to read a few lines that caught his eyes, “…I want you sore, baby.  He murmurs, and he continues his sweet, leisurely torment, backward, forward.  Every time you move tomorrow, I want you to be reminded that I’ve been here. Only me. You are mine…”

 

Dara swore that she felt like she wanted the ground to open up and eat her so she can disappear.

 

“I can’t believe someone like you read like this!” He exclaimed and looked at her judgingly. Smirking, he added, “The saying must be really true. Don’t judge a book by its cover.”

 

She had enough of this. She tried to ignore him but he just won’t stop. She stood up angrily and pushed her chair to the side that created a loud noise inside the room and surprised him. With a determined look, she walked towards him and snatched her book quickly before she kicked his shin sand her and that encouraged Dara to go on as she continued to tell him off, “I don’t know who you are and I don’t care who you are. Just because you’re good looking doesn’t mean you have any right to be rude!”

 

After saying what she really wanted to say, she finally felt good and went back to her timid self. She gave him a sullen glance before she gathered her things and walked away. She was at the door when she heard the head librarian shouted, “SILENCE PLEASE!”

 

Then she ran away as fast as she can and she never saw the mocking smile that was curved into his face.


 

 

“It’s you again, Mr. Kwon!” Jiyong winced at the head librarian’s screeching voice. He almost rolled his eyes at her but he managed to stop himself. He had enough detention. He just wanted to cover his ears as the old woman continued to yap something about it was always him who caused trouble and mischief in the school and that he should changed.

 

“Shut up, old hag! My ears are hurting from your screeching voice!” Jiyong finally said as he slammed his hands on the table.

 

The head librarian seems to be scared that she can’t move. Taking his chances, he shrugged his shoulders and exited out the library. He’s pretty sure that another detention notice will come his way this day and it was all that girl’s fault.

 

Jiyong remembered waking up to the smell of roses mixed with vanilla. He looked around to see that he was still in the library and the only difference was that there’s an unfamiliar girl sitting in front of him. Then he saw her smiling to herself and can’t resist not to say anything. To his surprise, she turned around and she’s not bad looking. Not at all. Then everything happened so fast that all he can remember was her kicking him on the shin and yanking about stuffs. Didn’t she know who he was?

 

And he didn’t know who she was as well. But that’s about to change starting now because he just found his new toy.

 

Note: ^^ Yay to me! <3 Boo! Another ongoing to add to my very long list~ Fighting to me <3 

Love, BERRIE