The Situation

Class VS Crass

I wait what I deem to be an acceptable distance and in the direction back to Jay’s workplace for Jay to make his way back. I’m not waiting long before I see some tacky tattoos sticking out between people. Hurrying over I grab Jay’s arm and drag him farther away from that guy.

“So, you kinda just left me.” He says; I glance over my shoulder to see him pouting. “What was up with that?”

“I hate that guy.” I tell him simply. “Every time he sees me, it’s always asking for a favor, this or that.” I tell him feeling irritated by Jonghyun.

“Come on, you can hide out at the studio.” Jay says walking a bit faster, leading the way. I stare at the back of his head for a moment; I decide this isn’t the worst thing that could happen. “What are you almost smiling at?” Jay asks over his shoulder while smirking at me.

“You’re really short.” I answer easily; the guy gets towered over, which is kinda funny since he kinda has the personality that towers over everyone else.

Jay scowls at me. “I am not that short.” He answers haughtily, though I’m pretty sure he realizes that height isn’t everything, especially since according to Alfie and Noah, Jay’s stage presence isn’t an easy thing to compete against.

“Alright.” I agree; I figure it really isn’t worth arguing over, though it is kinda fun to . Jay’s reactions aren’t like Alfie or Noah’s. They simply tease me back if it’s something they don’t really mind, but if they don’t like it they just look at me completely shocked before saying something moderately witty. Jay though, he refutes everything. “Your grip is too tight.” I complain trying to loosen it.

Jay glances at me curiously before loosening it a bit; he drops my hand as soon as we get to the studio. “After you.” Jay says pulling the door open for me. Walking through I look around the lobby, Jay taps my shoulder pointing for me to follow. “Space out and I might just leave you somewhere.” He says teasingly.

Rolling my eyes I follow Jay down a hall, eventually leading me towards a room, I hear the guys before I see them. “Always with the yelling.” I say chuckling.

“The place has definitely been lively since they came.” He says pushing the door open; I don’t doubt it, despite them only just joining. “Look who’s warmed up to me!” Jay cheers over to Alfie and Noah, both boys turn to look at me and gasp.

“Jay, you can’t steal our Maude away!” Alfie cries running over to me. “Look at her, she has a half smile on her face!” He wails into my shoulder.

“And it isn’t sarcastic!” Noah adds while shaking his head at me. “It’s almost like Maude knows how to be human now!” My so called best friends say teasingly.

“Yeah, but you guys always shout in my ear.” I say pushing Alfie off, I rip the paper he’d stuck on my back and slap it on his face with a smirk.

“Told you.” Noah says laughing happily. I read the piece of paper and roll my eyes, it’s been Alfie’s ‘mission in life’, or so he says, to get me with this kinda of prank.

“Maude, you might have gotten kissed by some guy, and that guy could turn out to be your one and only, and then you’d get pregnant and have shot gun wedding!” Alfie cries taking the paper and tossing it in the trash.

“You have too much free time.” I tell him dryly before walking away from him. Noah walks over to me and leans in close, I give him a questioning look before he walks over to Jay.

I decide to look around the room, Alfie and Noah are the only two here besides Jay and I, while I’m busy looking around someone walks up to me, I tense and look over to see the guy from the party and then the one guy I think I saw in the recording room place with Jay.

“I’m Minho, I’ve been asked to keep an eye on you.” He says brightly, I frown and look behind me to see a lack of Alfie, Noah and Jay. “No need to look so murderous.” He jokes.

“Yeah, I guess.” I mutter before I decide I might as well it up. “I’m Maude, nice to meet you, more or less.” I say sighing.

Minho stares at me for a moment before he sits on a chair, motioning for me to follow suit. “You know, you’re kinda odd.” He says as I sit three chairs down from him. “Not in a bad way I guess, but you’re just not exactly your typical person.”

“Alfie and Noah say I lack human-interaction know-how.” I say while shrugging my shoulders indifferently. “So why are you watching me?” I ask curiously.

“According to your two friends, you wander and get lost.” He says amusedly. “Though, I think it’s more so you don’t go off and find them.” Minho says easily.

I nod my head, because I don’t get lost, at least not often. Minho and I don’t say anything for a while, but I can feel him studying me, so I turn my head and look him over carefully. “You’re close to Jay.” I declare.

“I am.” Minho says agreeing with me, he looks slightly worried, the guys said something more about me.

“You knew the girl” I say tilting my head to my left slightly. “Pretty well, right?” I ask; Minho flinches slightly at the question. “You were close with her too.” I say sighing.

“How do you do that?” Minho asks after a moment, he doesn’t seem offended, but like I’ve said, I’m not normally right about body language or judging atmosphere or anything like that.

“Intuition mostly, a little bit of guessing.” I say while shrugging my shoulders. “You helped them get together, didn’t you?” I ask, this time I’m not too sure. Minho nods his head, he looks at me warily. “If you don’t want to talk about it, you have to tell me.” I tell him indifferently, he shakes his head. “Well, I can’t really deduce anything else.” I say in what I’m hoping is a cheerful tone.

Minho chuckles, he rests his head against the wall before looking over at me. “I helped them because I thought they’d be good together.”

“They were, at least it seems like it.” I say carefully, this is a sensitive subject, and I bet we’re not supposed to talk about it. Jay is touchy about it.

“They were, but she also had a lot going on in her personal life back home…” He smiles to himself. “When I first met her, she was kinda like you, but much better with people.”

“It’s hard to be worse than I am.” I point out with a smile. “But, considering her personal life, she kept secrets then, right?”

“Part of that was my fault.” Minho says firmly, he’s defending her; he’s still in touch with her. “I’d been the one to tell her not to tell the others about Jay.”

It starts clicking in my head, the girl is with someone Jay used to know, Alfie and Noah gave me the run down on what I was absolutely not supposed to mention around Jay unless he started talking about it first. “She’s with one of the old group members.” I whisper more to myself then to Minho.

I look at Minho to confirm, he sighs heavily. “She had no idea until I told her.”

I frown again before leaning my head back against the wall. “What are Alfie and Noah telling Jay?” I ask him looking over at Minho warily.

“Probably something equivalent to two big brothers setting down rules to their little sister’s boyfriend.” He says smirking. “You make Jay kinda nervous, that’s pretty hard to do.”

I blink, I’m trying to process the information, smirking while I stand I look over at Minho. “I do have one last question about the whole situation” I say looking around.

“Yeah?” He looks a bit concerned.

I look around the room again. “Where’s the bathroom?”

I whip my head around to look at Minho; he’s currently on the ground laughing. “God, I thought you were talking about Lexi still or something about Jay.”

“I thought we finished that conversation.” I mutter furrowing my brow, I suppose not.

Minho gets up after a while and leads me down the hall to the bathrooms. “Right over here.” He says while still chuckling, obviously I need to get some tips on how to read the conversations I’m in.


 

Some Minho interaction. c:
Let me know what you guys think~!
Also, requested a poster, so I'll one up soon.
n u n