Maude the Crass Angel

Class VS Crass

My friends are people watchers, when they have free time they meet up at some café and watch people who come in, walk by, across the street. I don’t get it personally; then again they tell me I’m not really a people person. That aside they called me down to this little café in the middle of the day because apparently there is someone I just have to see.

I spot my two very strange friends at their usual table chatting idly, Alfie and Noah; both boys spot me as I walk closer to the table and share excited glances with each other. As I take my seat I glance at them expectantly. “You called me oh-so-urgently; who exactly do I have to see.” I ask them point-blank.

Noah rolls his eyes at me. “Maude, Maudie honey” Noah says using his sweet-talking tone. “Maude baby” He says while patting for me to take a seat closer to them. “Maudie—”

“Would you quit saying my name so many times?” I snap at him scooting closer, hopefully this will all either be worth it or end soon; I have a bed with my name on it. Wrapping his arm around my shoulder Noah causally points to my left. I glance over in said direction. “You called me here to look at some short guy with one too many tattoos?” I ask him looking at Alfie for an explanation.

As expected they both roll their eyes at me. “Maude, my god you’ve been here for four years, the least you could do is pay attention to the celebrities.” Alfie says smirking at me. “Anyways being the caring citizens we are, we happen to overhear his conversation with his friend earlier.

“When the hell did the two of you become ‘caring citizens’?” I ask suspiciously. Noah and Alfie are more troublemakers or privacy invaders than anything remotely close to caring citizens.

“Remind us again who befriended you?” Noah says sarcastically.

I shove his arm off. “You did not befriend me.” I stress again. “You guys bullied me into having lunch with you for weeks in kindergarten. You disturbed my studying time all through middle and high school and let’s not forget the time you got me kicked out of class with you bozos.” I simply refresh their memories of our rather eventful friendship. “After I was associated with you delinquents no one else would talk to me.”

“Minor details.” Alfie dismisses my complaints simply. “Anyways, that guy that is short, and with the tattoos happens to be Jay Park.”

“We wanted to ask you on your opinion of going up to him, he’s a dancer so we figured we might be able to get a connection to be backup dancers finally.” Noah says picking up. “So Maude what do you think?”

I swear, they can be such chickens. Getting up I shake my head at my idiot friends. I walk over to this Jay Park person and sit in front of him. “Hi” I say sighing heavily.

He looks at me slightly alarmed, glances around a moment and nods his head. “Hi, did you want to say something?” He asks confused as I glance at my friends, both of them gaping at me.

“Yeah, you see those two idiots?” I say pointing at them openly; Noah waves while Alfie lets his head drop on to the table.

“Yeah, they seem nice?” Jay says confused.

I shake my head to correct him. “They’re dancers, they wanted to see if you’d see them dance and maybe drop a few words here and there that you know some dancers that need jobs or gigs.” I say getting back up from the chair. “They’re big babies, but not half bad.” I tell him leaving the table; I stop by Noah and Alfie. “There, you have a conversation starter, I’m going home.” I tell them as I head out of the café.

 

~~~

 

We watch Maude walk out of our little hangout spot. “I can’t believe she just did that.” Alfie mutters in awe. “We’ve really rubbed off on her.” He says turning to look at me.

“Yeah, except the girl is more crass than class.” I mutter with a smirk on my face, I have to admit she’s much more outspoken now, even compared to recently.

“So what should we do, Noah?” Alfie asks frowning. “Should we walk up to him?” I shrug my shoulders, Maude is right; we do have a conversational starter, an apology.

“Your, uh, friend recommended talking to you.” A voice says suddenly, Alfie and I both look up; I nearly fall out of my chair from shock, Jay Park is talking to us and he looks more impressed than annoyed by Maude’s antic. Taking a seat he smiles at casually. “So let’s talk.”

Alfie frowns slightly. “Did she say anything specific? Our friend can be a bit crass as of late.” He explains with an apologetic smile, I mimic his action.

“Just that you two were pretty good dancers in need of a job, and I happen to need a couple of dancers.” Jay says while shrugging his shoulders. “If you don’t mind coming down to the studio and trying out officially we might have something open for you two.” Jay leans back with a satisfied smile; glancing at us he blinks quickly a couple of times before he sits back up. “Your friend didn’t mention your names actually.”

Alfie drops his head again. “I’m Alfie.”

I chuckle happily; it’s like Maude to do that, never really good with the details like that or people in general. “I’m Noah” I say introducing myself.

“Jay,” He says with a cheeky grin. “If you guys have the time we can head over there now.”

 

~~~

 

“Maude, oh my god you beautiful goddess where the hell are you?!” I hear Noah and Alfie yell as they let themselves in, for a change. Stepping out of the kitchen in just my shirt I give them a look. “You crass angel” Noah says walking over and hugging me tightly.

“I take it that it all worked out?” I say patting his back lightly and then Alfie’s as he hugs me.

Both boys give me huge grins, yeah it went well. “The guy need two dancers, took us down to the studio and had us try out a few dances, loved it, asked us on the spot to join up.” Alfie says sighing happily.

“Since you got us the job, we’re taking you to dinner with us tonight when we eat with the other dancers and Jay.” Noah says slinging his arm around me. “Now before you refuse, Jay was pretty interested in you.”

“Tacky tattoo guy?” I ask appalled. “Forget it. Tell him I broke my leg or something.” I say shoving his arm off again.

“Get pants on; we have to meet him soon.” Alfie says pushing me towards my room. “We told him that we’d ask you.”

“Yeah, you asked and I refused.” I say while tying my best to not get roped into their business more than I already am. “Tell that weirdo I have a date or something!” I shout as Alfie easily lifts me up and carries me to my room.

Noah picks some clothes out and sets them on my bed. “Maude, please.” He says quietly. “It’d mean a lot.” And cue the montage of our childhood, the three of us always together and well I’ll admit I have grown to like these clowns.

After being set down the boys exit through the door leaving me alone in my room. I have a couple choices here. I can nap like I was planning on or I can get dressed and go with my slightly backwards friends.

Sighing heavily I strip my shirt off and change into the black skull tee that Noah picked out, I pull on the overall shorts and strap them on. Stepping over my clothes on the floor I sit in front of my vanity and put a bit of makeup on, I braid my hair to the side, stepping out I hold my arms out.

“When we get our first paycheck I’ll pay to get your hair recolored.” Noah says happily, which of course brightens my mood considerably. “Ah, it only took a bit of bribing and she smiles.”

“We’ve taught our little Maudie well.” Alfie coos happily, both boys throw their arms around me and drag me to the entrance hall, the three of us quickly put our shoes on before running out the door, down the hall and stairs and to the parking lot.

It may have started out as them being annoying, but at least now I have more fun and well, I can stand people, even if it’s just these two, besides since we moved here, they’re all I have.


 

I'm pretty excited about this~!
Writing for Jay, writing a new character with a very
different personality.
o u o

Let me know what you think (: