The Jealousy

Smile Mask Syndrome

"Hello? Hyung? Yeah, it's me! Come down, I'm at the front gate"

 

I hung up after telling Yoseob hyung to come down, then looked over to the back seat. So, why are you here again? I said to Junhyung. Junhyung avoided my eyes and replied, I don't know, shrugging his shoulders. This fool called me at 6:30, saying that he was already at my place. I opened my door, and he actually was. I just stood there like a rock, when Junhyung flicked my head and said, uhm, shouldn't we leave? You told Yoseob hyung that you'll be there by 7, right? Ugh, I shivered at how shameless he was, and sighed. I got out of the car as I saw Yoseob hyung looking around to find my car. Doojoon! He ran, brightly calling my name. I opened the door for him, and when he was in the car, he seemed surprised by Junhyung. I know hyung, I was pretty surprised too... He said hi to Junhyung, and as I got in, I couldn't ignore the feeling that I was getting stared at, from the guy behind me. What's his problem..

 

"Thanks for picking me up guys, but can you drop me off at Seoul Hospital please?"

 

I tilted my head. Seoul Hospital? It was one of the big-scaled hospitals. I guess he realized that I was looking at him funny, and he told me that he would rather go to a doctor who he knows, which was his friend. Ahh.. I nodded, and drove to the hospital. Junhyung was still staring at me. What, what do you want from me. I said, slightly irretated at his stare. Nothing, he replied. Alright then, whatever. As we arrived at the Seoul hospital, Yoseob went to the desk and asked for a guy named 'Daniel Choi'. Daniel Choi? Is from another country? As I was thinking that (I think Junhyung thought that too), a guy walked over to Yoseob.

 

"Yoseob hyung!! Long time no see!"

"Daniel! I missed you!!"

 

As soon as Yoseob spotted the Daniel Choi guy, he ran up and gave him a hug. And of course, the Daniel guy hugged him back, with an additional pat on the head. It was like watching a father and a five year old son. I turned to Junhyung, and his facial expression did not seem happy. 

 

"What's wrong Junhyung?"

"Nothing"

 

I sighed. Really, what's gotten in to him? I thought. As I was thinking, Yoseob dragged along the Daniel guy, and introduced him to us. He bowed to us politely, saying that Yoseob was his upperclassmen in highschool, and now he is his doctor. I bowed back, introducing myself and Junhyung, because it did not seem like Junhyung wanted to speak to him. Yoseob told us that he'll take awhile, so we can go to the cafe. I asked him how he was going to come back, but Daniel answered me instead, saying that he has a car and he could drop Yoseob off. I nodded, and walked out of the hospital as Yoseob and Daniel walked into the treatment room.

 

"I don't like that guy"

 

Huh? I turned back to Junhyung. Did you say something? I asked, but Junhyung replied with a no. 

 

"What's gotten in to you today? You wanted to come, but you didn't speak a single word to Yoseob hyung!"

"Nothing, stop asking, alright?"

 

That guy. I felt myself getting ticked off by his overly defensive answers. He walked past me, and told me to open the car door. Dude, no really, I'm not joking, what's the matter with you?! I raised up my voice a bit. He walked up to me, and completely ignoring me, he grabbed the car keys, opened the door himself and got in the car. Because I didn't move (I was too dumbfounded) to move, Junhyung rolled down the windows with a facial expression that was enough to piss me off, and pointed at the drivers seat. Aren't you going to drive? I am, and I hope we get into an accident and you just happen to lose your life, you jackass.

 

"Hey"

"Oh, now you feel like talking to me?"

"What do you think of Yoseob?"

 

What the hell is he talking about now? I turned my head to him, and asked him why. Instead of replying, he turned my head forcefully, and scolded me. Are you trying to kill us?! Look out the window! Well actually, I wanted to kill you.. I muttered. Junhyung glared at me, and shook his head and looked away.

 

"I don't know yet. Don't ask me those kind of questions"

 

Yeah yeah, sorry for asking you, . Junhyung whispered. 

 

"What do you think their relation is?"

"Who?"

".. You know, Yoseob and the Daniel dude"

 

Are you sick? Does your head heard? Are you losing your mind? I looked at Junhyung worriedly. He was acting too wierd today. I touched his forehead. He aggresively slapped my hands away. I'm not sick!! Then why are you asking me these stupid questions? Junhyung looked away. I could see that his ears were red from the corners of me eyes. Wait.. This guy..

 

"Junhyung.. Is it that you like Yoseob hyung?"

 

Please God, I beg you..

 

"No! Are you crazy?!"

 

No, but I think you are. My head started to hurt as all the memories from the past flashed back. Dear God, please don't let this happen again. Please don't let us get hurt again. Please.. As I was praying silently in my head, we arrived at the cafe. I got out of the car and opened the cafe door. Before I could step a foot inside the cafe, Junhyung grabbed my collar and pulled me out. What?! What the hell do you want from me?! 

 

"You better keep that conversation in the car as a secret"

"Okay, honestly, who am I going to tell?"

 

After my reply, Junhyung let go of my collar, and went inside the cafe. When I followed him in, I saw Kikwang and Dongwoon already in there. I checked the clock, and it was only 10 AM. Doojoon~ Kikwang called out, with a very cheesy voice. Oh no, this didn't mean something good was going to happen.

 

"We're hungry... Can you make us breakfast?"

 

Of course. That fatass Kikwang. I sighed. I looked at Dongwoon. Sorry hyung.. Kikwang hyung called me at 8AM saying that we should try to mooch some free food.. Hey! Why'd you tell him that?! Well it's true hyung!! As I watched the two children get into an arguement, I looked at Junhyung. He was looking at me. It was obvious that he was nervous. 

 

"Chill, I'm not going to tell anyone"

"Huh? Did you say something hyung?"

"No, no I didn't. But guys, we should have brunch when Yoseob hyung get's here, he'll be here soon"

 

Yaay~ Brunch with Yoseob hyung~ Kikwang cheered with joy. Are you that happy? Junhyung asked Kikwang. Of course!! He's a new family member! Family should always enjoy a good meal together! That child.. I sighed, but the fact that he was referring Yoseob hyung to 'family' made me smile. I turned around as I heard the door open. Hm? The cafe isn't open yet.

 

"Sorry sir, the cafe isn't open ye-"

"I guess it's you guys' specialty to assume everyone who walks into the cafe is a customer, huh?"

 

It was Yoseob hyung. Oh, sorry hyung! I turned to Junhyung. What, he mouthed to me. Nothing, calm down. I mouthed back.

 

"Erm.. Is it okay if Daniel stays here for a bit? He hasn't eaten yet.."

"Hyung hyung! We were going to have brunch with you anyways! So come come~"

 

I caught Junhyung glaring at Kikwang. I whacked his head lightly, and turned to Yoseob hyung, and told him that it's fine.

 

"Yay! Thanks Doojoon!"

"Erm.. Sorry for the intrusion, and thank you"

 

It's alright, I smiled. Yoseob hyung introduced Daniel to us. Everyone seemed to be surprised at the fact that he was only 25 and was a doctor already. Daniel smiled, saying that he gets that a lot. Yoseob hyung told us that he was a second generation American citizen, and that they became friends when Daniel came back to Korea for a short while, when hyung was in 3rd year of middle school, and how Daniel left when hyung was in 3rd year of high school.

 

"Ah, I remember that day... Do you still have the ring?"

 

Huh? We all looked at Daniel. What ring?

 

"Of course! See?"

 

Yoseob took out his cellphone. His cellphone had a metal cellphone strap on it, and at the end, something round was shining, due to the reflecting light. Hey! You still really do have it! Daniel grinned, patting Yoseob hyung on the head. Of course I do! Yoseob smiled.

 

"Yeah.. And you cried a lot that day too.."

"S- Shush! I did not cry!"

"Eh? Yoseob hyung cried?"

"No! No I didn't Kikwang!"

 

Everyone was smiling, except for one person. It was of course, Junhyung. He grit his teeth, and tightened his fists. Jealous, huh. I smiled. So, who's ready for brunch? I asked, trying to change the topic of the conversation. Me! Me! Kikwang yelled, jumping like a kid. Yeah yeah, I know you want it, you fatass! Sit down! I'll be back guys, get ready for the amazing brunch by Doojoon! Woot. Junhyung said in a monotone voice. Although I did get pretty ticked off, I ignored it and head to the kitchen. I'm going to spit in your food, Junhyung.

 

++++


"Guys, the food is ready!"

 

Oh crap! Yoseob hyung shouted. Hmm? What's wrong hyung? I was going to make drinks for all of you, but I totally forgot! I'll get to it now, what do you guys want?? Yoseob hyung asked everyone. Kikwang called out for warm gingerale (he wasn't the greatest fan of coffee, which is pretty ironic, considering he was a barista), Dongwoon and Junhyung for white mocha, and Daniel wanted a Cappucino Con Pana. A rare drink I thought.  A frustrating drink to make, as I heard Kikwang and Junhyung complain about it so much, that we had to take off the menu. Cappucino Con Pana was a drink with a cappucino base (normally espresso), with whipped cream layed on top of the cappucino beautifully. It was sweet, and the fluffy whipped cream made it even sweeter. Just like Yoseob hyung I though. W- Wait, Yoseob hyung? Why did I think of him all of a sudden? 

 

"Doojoon?"

"H-Huh?!"

"Erm.. What drink?"

"Oh- Oh! I- I'll have the same!"

 

Damn Yong Junhyung. It's probably your fault I'm thinking of Yoseob hyung! Must be him. Has to be him, I believed. 

 

"Daniel hyung, why did you ask for a Con pana? I heard from Kikwang hyung that it's very hard to make"

"It is. But it's Yoseob hyung. He can make it perfectly. Trust me"

 

Everyone looked towards the counter, where Yoseob hyung was making the drinks. He seemed to be very focused. A faint 11 line showed up between his brows as he was laying the whipped cream on top of the cappucino. His facial expression was strangely attractive. Maybe even a bit y? One could probably think. Crap, really, what am I think about!! I raged in my head. Why can't I get Yoseob hyung out of my mind?! As I was being frustrated, Yoseob hyung came out with our drinks. . Then I realized. I don't like sweet drinks. 

 

++++

 

"Doojoon hyung, are you alright? You don't look so good.."

 

I'm fine, I'm fine. I replied to Dongwoon. No, no I'm not actually. I'm so stupid. I had to drink all the Con Pana, which made me feel sick, considering I absolutely despised sweet drinks. As we sat around doing nothing, I could feel my stomach getting better. Ugh, really. I don't know how Daniel didn't get sick.. I sighed and looked at the clock, and realized it was 12PM. 

 

"Alright guys, time to open the cafe!"

"Oh crap, it's already 12PM. Yoseob hyung! I need to go back!"

 

Awh, really? Yoseob frowned. 

 

"Sorry hyung, I promise I'll visit soon!"

"Alright..."

"Bye hyung-"

 

..

 

The whole cafe became silent as we watched Daniel kiss Yoseob hyung lightly on the lips.

I felt my stomach start to churn and hurt again.