Hopeful

Wild Eyes

 

Author's note: Hello!! Back again and I decided to press the forward button... hehehe!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

- TWO YEARS LATER -

 

"Hyung, do we have to do this? It never feels right to do it without him."

 

"Yes, we have a deal, Jinnie-ah, and we are not going to break it." Eric said as he adjusted his mic.

 

Junjin pouted. "But..." 

 

"No buts. Our fans are waiting and they need us. Now let's go." Eric then headed out the dressing room, pulling Hyesung along. 

 

"Hey, what the... I'm not done with my hair..."

 

"I'll do it for you." Eric said grinning from one ear to another. Hyesung could only mumbled and let himself be dragged.

 

He enjoyed this, but would never say out loud. The others followed suit out of the dressing room, few minutes before getting on stage to sing the encore, all except Dongwan. Eric halted which had Hyesung bump on him. 

 

Hyesung went straight to yell at him. "Aiiisssh Eric-ah! Pay attention to..." Seeing Eric's face as he turned around, he quieted down. The leader was concerned for Dongwan.

 

"Aren't you coming?" Eric already knew why Dongwan was hesitating. It has been like that since they resumed back their activities one year ago.

 

Dongwan sighed. "I'll be with you in a bit." Eric nodded and they went out to the waiting area near the stage, leaving Dongwan in his thoughts.

 

"What's the point of being cured while you can't have happiness? Why did i take it anyway? I should have died with him." Dongwan just couldn't shake his dark thoughts.

 

As they were hearing the fans screaming for them to come out, Eric started pondering. He knew how everyone missed Minwoo, including the fans. The stage wasn't the same without him, but they had no other way. Music is what brought them together. Their bond. Even if, few months ago, it had been a hard task to tell the world they lost their main dancer, they had to carry on. It was heartbreaking. Fans cried, and so they did. Eric hadn't cried so much in his entire life. Now he knew it was time from now on to celebrate his life. Andy and, surprisingly, Junjin still felt insecure on stage but were getting slowly comfortable. Hyesung, since he promised to keep being the members' mama bird to him, stayed strong by their side, still scolding when he wanted to. Dongwan, on the other hand, was the one who worried him the most, since he wouldn't always go along the others' pace.

 

He suffered the most, cried more than everyone. He knew well that Dongwan misses Minwoo a lot more than he expressed. But they couldn't stop living. They had to go on stage. Eric smiled as he saw Dongwan finally joined them. He helped Dongwan put on his panda ears, Minwoo's favorites, together they went, filling their minds with great memories as much as possible.

 

- ON STAGE -

 

The song choice for the encore was  'Eusha Eusha!'. All fans were all pumped up, singing along as they were in the first round. They were all happy they could witness that joy. Then the members decided to go up front the stage, near the crowd. The fans cheered louder. Dongwan was starting to feel the joy when all of a sudden his mind went blank. Of so much shock, feeling his heartbeat almost choking him, he even forgot he was dancing and just stared at the crowd, at a specific person. A tear trailed down his face. Dongwan couldn't believe his eyes.

 

"How can this be?" He barely whispered.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Note about story: I love seing them perform and interact with the fans, had to write on something like that... Still not done with the mystery though...

Note about chapter: Resuming back their activities, even if they haven't completely moved one well.. Now who or what did Dongwan see that got him teared up? More next chapter :D