3

Jongin and Minah's Tragic Love Story (hiatus)

Jongin and Minah stared each other down. He was processing what had come out of Minah’s mouth, seconds before. Minah, on the other hand, seemed pretty set on this idea. They continued their staredown before Jongin got uncomfortable and finally spoke up.

 

“Why?” The one word didn’t hang around for too long. Minah already had a simple reply in her head. To her, Jongin didn’t look like the type to understand anything easily. It was most likely the reason for the location and looks of his apartment. The walls were a standardized beige color. There were visible cracks along the walls and various stains that Minah couldn’t name. The floor was the same beige color as the walls, possible a shade or two off. The carpet looked old and worn down after years of being trampled on by previous owners and their guests.

 

“I’m not a .” The first words to ever come out of Minah’s mouth, when she had a point to prove, we're going to be captivating ones. Jongin opened his mouth to speak but she abruptly cut him off. “I don’t sleep with a guy and expect never to see him again. So we,” she gestured to both of them, “are going to date.”

 

Minah knew it would take quite a while before his tiny brain could process what she had said so she continued her survey around his apartment. Her eyes scanned over pointless objects like his bobbleheads that sat on the shelf next to his outdated television and his grungy old furniture that looked like it had been taken from the city’s dump. She sighed inwardly. Was it really worth, not feeling like a , to be dating a guy she knew nothing about and who lived like this?

 

As she kept contemplating, she thought she heard Jongin say something. She shook her head, clearing out her thoughts and turned to face him once again. As soon as their eyes met, she had her answer. “I’m in.”

 

We all know that isn’t the general way two people would start a relationship. Under normal circumstances, with normal people, living normal lives, they would first form a bond of some sort and slowly build on their relationship until they could finally title each other ‘boyfriend and girlfriend’. But Jongin and Minah weren’t normal people, living normal lives and their relationship definitely wasn’t under normal circumstances. Maybe that’s why it ended.