Shall We Dance (1/3)

Be My Secret

Sunggyu could only stare wide-eyed at his intimidating roommate who was currently leaning lazily against the hall opposite of the host club's room. He hesitantly made his way over to the boy currently preoccupied with his cellphone.

"Umm, Taekwoon-hyung?", Sunggyu called quietly.

Said boy looked up and gave the confused hamster an almost smile. "Let's go the dining hall. I'm too lazy to cook", was all Taekwoon said before walking off in the direction of the dining hall.

The whole way there, Sunggyu silently cursed whoever built this school. 'Why does it have to be so freakin big', he thought as he struggled to keep up with his roommate's long stride. He didn't even know why he bothered following the other to the fancy cafeteria, it's not like he had any money to pay for the food there. Well, technically, the school provided each scholarship student a monthly allowance for food and while that allowance was enough to get them through the month, it wasn't enough for them to eat at the school's five-star dining hall everyday for every meal.

Without thinking, Sunggyu got in line with his hyung. He was only broken out of his daze when a kind, old woman asked him what he would like to eat. Squeaking in surprise, Sunggyu quickly glanced at the meal prices and paled instantly when he saw that the cheapest meal was forty dollars. After mentally calculating how much money he still had and how many more days were left before he got next month's food allowance, he decided to throw away his pride and forgo the meal.

"Actually, I'm not that hungry-", he started to say.

"He'll have the same as me", Taekwoon cut in. The woman smiled before pulling out two trays with plates of varying sizes. On each, she filled one plate up with salad, poured what apperaed to be tomato soup in the bowl, placed a decent amount of pasta on the largest plate along with a breadstick, and on the smallest plate, she carefully placed a slice of strawberry cheesecake. She handed each of them a tray and motioned for them to proceed to the cash register. There, Sunggyu again checked the menu and found this particular meal to be one of the lower priced ones, which didn't make him feel better considering it was still way over his budget.

"H-hyung", he squeaked, "I- I can't affor-". Again he was cut off.

"Good evening, Mr. Jung", the woman working the register smiled brightly at them both, "If that will be all, your total for tonight is eighty-six dollars and forty-two cents".  

Without batting an eyelash, Taekwoon handed her a credit card, then pulled the younger away towards the tables when the transaction was complete. Unsurprisingly, he picked an empty table in the corner, away from everyone else. When they were both seated, two employees immediately appeared with table settings and a glass of cold, lemon water. After being waved away, the taller boy began eating.

Sunggyu stared at the food in front of him, already feeling bad for making his roommate pay for his meal. "T-thank you for the meal, Hyung. I'll definitely pay you back", the red head bowed to the boy sitting across from him before slowly picking up his fork.

The older boy raised an eyebrow before leaning across the table and flicking the younger's forehead. "Yah, it's my treat. You don't have to pay me back", Taekwoon grumbled before going back to nearly inhaling his food. Sunggyu watched in amazement as the older ate as if he hadn't eaten any food in days. Which was untrue, considering that more than half the time Sunggyu saw him in their dorm, he was either already eating or mumbling about wanting to eat. He couldn't help but laugh as he watched the stoic Jung Taekwoon practically coo over every bite of his strawberry cheesecake.

An idea suddenly struck him. He picked up the plate his dessert was on and placed it in front of the older boy's tray. "Hyung", he smiled when Taekwoon looked down at the offered cake then back up at him, "Since you don't want money, I'll give you my dessert instead." The younger of the two watched in amusment as his usually expressionless roommate bit his bottom lip before hesitantly reaching for the plate as if he was afraid Sunggyu would change his mind.

After taking his first bite of the dessert, Taekwoon looked over at Sunggyu, his cheeks dusted a light pink, and mumbled a quiet ,"thanks". It really shouldn't have turned out as cute as it actually was but Taekwoon's blush coupled with his soft voice made the whole thing adorable in Sunggyu's eyes.

"Awww, you're so cute, Hyung", Sunggyu squealed, already reaching over to pinch the older boy's reddening cheeks.

"Stupid", Taekwoon mumbled before speed walking out of the dining hall.

"Wait for me, Hyung", Sunggyu called as he ran to catch up with the embarrassed third year, barely containing his laughter.

-  -  -  -

Across the cafeteria, a pair of big, brown eyes watched sadly as the two exited the dining hall, playfully nudging each other as they went.

"Aww, don't look so down, Ken. It really doesn't suit you", a tanned male with bright red hair said as he rubbed the pouting boy's back in hopes of soothing him.

Ken's shoulders slumped even further, "They looked so close...I really have no chance with Taekwoon-hyung".

"C'mon, Ken, don't give up yet", said the boy with the deep voice and platinum blonde hair, sitting across from them.

"N, Ravi...thanks for trying to cheer me up but I know a lost cause when I see one", Ken said as he tried to give them a smile but couldn't find it in himself to do so at the moment.

The one called, Ravi, patted the poor boy's orangey-blonde hair, "Hey, I have it on a good authority that those two aren't dating". The two boys laughed at how fast their friend went from being depressed to ecstatic.

"What?!", Ken reached over to grip Ravi's shoulders, "How do you know?? Who told you?! Raaaaaaaaaviiiii, teeeeeell meeeeeee".

The blonde smiled, "My girlfriend, still goes to that host club thing and is one hundred percent sure that Sunggyu, the guy who was with Taekwoon, has a thing going with Nam Woohyun".

"Why don't you go with Minah to the host club tomorrow and talk with Sunggyu. Maybe he can help you out with your Taekwoon obsession", N suggested.

"I-it is not an o-obsession!!"

-  -  -  -

Sunggyu sighed as his two guests walked away from his table before pulling out his clipboard to check the name of his next guest. He frowned when the name by his next time slot was only a simple 'K'. Was this supposed to be a joke? The red head calmed himself down before he got angry for no reason. Maybe the girl was just too shy to put her full name.

A full ten minutes had passed and the mysterious 'K' had yet to show up. Sunggyu was about to go ask Myungsoo if there were any guests who would like to sit with him when he heard a cough from behind him. The red head turned around, a warm (albeit awkward) smile plastered on his face...only to be met with a male student. At first sight, the boy was handsome but not a classic type of handsome like Myungsoo. His large, straight nose, brown, puppy-dog eyes, sharp jawline, and plump pink lips should have contrasted horribly but instead created quite a cute image that Sunggyu found himself wanting to coddle and coo over.

Even though he was surprised over the other's sudden appearence, Sunggyu contiuned to smile at the boy. Younger, male students occassionaly stopped by the host club in hopes of becoming a host in the future. Sometimes, if the boys fit the host requirements (1. Being unfairly handsome and 2. Charismatic), Woohyun would allow them to "intern" (refilling drinks and whatever other tasks they were too lazy to do themselves) during club hours and promised to contact them when a host position opened up.

"Are you here to speak with Woohyun", Sunggyu asked, gently pulling the boy over to sit at his table, "He'll probably be booked until closing but you can sit here with me until then".

The boy flushed a dark red all the way up to the tips of his ears, "A-actually, I- umm, I'm your next guest. I'm 'K'", he stared at Sunggyu's bewildered expression before turning an even darker red, "I don't like you! WAIT! I mean, I like you but not in a like-like kind of way! Not that you're not attractive but I just wanted to talk to you because I saw you with someone and I wanted to know if what Ravi told me was true or not but I can't really just straight out ask you since that would be weird and you seem really nice and- and I really want to be friends if that's okay with you unless you think I'm creepy then I totally understand if you don't want-"

"Whoa, calm down", Sunggyu smiled widely, he absolutely adored whoever this awkward boy was, "How about you tell me your name first and then we can talk about being friends".

The boy smiled back brightly, "My name is Jaehwan. Lee. Jae. Hwan!"

The hamster tilted his head to the side in confusion, "If your name is Jaehwan then why did you put 'K'?"

Jaehwan smiled sheepishly, "Umm, well, my friends call me Ken and I was going to put that but these girls were looking at me weird since this host club stuff  is more of a girl thing so I kind of just left it like that".

"Is it alright if I call you 'Jaehwan'", Sunggyu asked, "I think it suits you more than 'Ken'". The younger male's eyes sparkled with delight as he rapidly nodded his head. Unable to resist the natural cuteness any longer, Sunggyu reached over to pet the boy's fluffy, orangey-blonde hair, "That's it! I'm adopting you. From now on, you are my adorable son, 'Kim Jaehwan'".

The random declaration made Jaehwan burst into a fit of laughter. He can feel it in his bones, this was going to become a great friendship. Even if Taekwoon and Sunggyu were dating, it would take him a while but he thinks he could learn to live with that. If Sunggyu made Taekwoon as happy as he had made Jaehwan, then maybe it was for the best. "I think you'll have to take that one up with my mom, Hyung", the younger male giggled.

Sunggyu pouted playfully before pouring them both a cup of tea. He then placed his hand over the younger's, "So, my adorable son, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I- I...umm, you see, I-", Jaehwan looked at the older, who smiled and patiently waited for him to continue, "I like T- Taekwoon-hyung". The younger flinched when he saw the older male begin to frown.

"That bastard, stealing my baby's heart", Sunggyu then began to coo over his recently adopted child, "Don't worry, my poor Jaehwannie, Hyung will help you,okay?"

Jaehwan looked up in disbelief, "Y-you're not mad?"

Tilting his head to the side, Sunggyu slowly asked, "Why would I be mad?"

"I saw you two together in the dining hall yesterday and you looked really close so I thought maybe you were dating", the boy blushed as he remembered how cute Taekwoon had looked when he was embarrassed.

Sunggyu stared at him with wide-eyes (or as wide as his eyes can get) before throwing his head back and laughing whole-heartedly. Him and Taekwoon? Yeah right! Never in a million years!! Taekwoon was nice and all but he didn't have a romantic bone in his body.

"Excuse me".

Both boys turned to see a very unamused looking Woohyun flanked by a curious Sungyeol and Sungjong. "Sorry to interrupt but host hours have ended so I must ask you to leave", Woohyun ground out through gritted teeth.

At this, Jaehwan whipped around to look at the grandfather clock across the room and yelped when he saw that it was nearly five'o'clock. He was going to be late for dance practice. Sending an apologetic look towards his hyung and the other club members, Jaehawn gathered his belongings before racing towards the door. He was half way across the room when he heard Sunggyu call his name.

"Wait! Jaehwan", Sunggyu shouted as he chased after the younger boy, "Give me your number so we can talk later". The younger boy smiled his 1000watt smile as they traded phones.

Sunggyu put his contact under "My Gyu-hyung~", while Jaehwan put himself in as "Jaehwannie^^". Both boys laughed when they saw each others contact names, then exchanged a quick hug before parting ways.

-  -  -  -

Woohyun clenched his hands into fists as he watched that boy hug his Sunggyu. He had endured almost an hour of watching the two being overly touchy and disgustingly cute together and he was at his breaking point.

Honestly, he hadn't even noticed until some of the girls pointed it out to him. The busy club president had been in the middle of feeding one of his guests a bite of his cake when he heard the girls sitting on the couch across from him squeal rather loudly. Thinking it was something he had done, he quickly turned to them with a smirk on his face but was surprised when he found them all with their backs facing him. Frowning, Woohyun stood up and looked in the direction the girls were staring at. What he saw made his jaw drop. His Sunggyu fawning over that first year on the school's dance team, Lee Jaekwang or something.

After that, the outraged club president spent the rest of the time alternately glaring at that Jaehyuk guy then at the clock, willing it to go faster so he could kick that first year's out of the room and away from his hamster.

The Lee brothers snickered at their pitiful hyung. "Are you seriously jealous of that, Woohyun-hyung", Sungyeol asked.

"They're like puppies, Hyung", Sungjong added, rolling his eyes when the stupid tree glared at him.

Myungsoo merely shook his head at his idiotic best friend, before going back to calculating how many apology bouquets he needed to send to the girls that Woohyun had blown off so he could stare at the chubby-cheeked red head.

The clock finally, finally, hit the four-thirty mark and Woohyun jumped out of his seat, practically sprinted to the table that the duo was still occupying. And when that Jaekyung kid finally left, Woohyun threw his arms up in the air triumphantly, as if he had just won some big battle. The Lee brothers stared at their hyung in disdain before walking away to help Myungsoo plan for next week's theme day.

After celebrating his "victory", Woohyun stomped his way over to the oblivious hamster and spun the poor boy around so he was facing him. "Yah, Kim Sunggyu! You know there's a rule about not favoring one guest more than the others".

For once, Woohyun wasn't making anything up.

Sunggyu lowered his head, lips already coming together to form an adorable pout. The club president felt guilty for making his baby upset but then he remember that first year brat and felt considerably less guilty.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to help Jaehwannie get together with the guy he likes", the red head mumbled. He absolutly hated getting scolded. It always made him feel sad, like he was disappointing people.

Woohyun narrowed his eyes, "And who exactly does...'Jaehwannie' like?"

"I can't tell you that-", Sunggyu began to protest but suddenly was struck with a thought. Woohyun was good with flirting and stuff, maybe he could teach Jaehwan some stuff to use on Taekwoon. "Actually", the hamster kicked his cuteness up a notch, "could Woohyunnie help me with something?"  The older of the two inwardly cringed at how stupid he sounded but judging by the stunned look on Woohyun's face, something was working. The stupid tree nodded dumbly, no way would he be able to refuse Sunggyu, not when he was acting all fluffy and squishable.

"Really", Sunggyu grabbed Woohyun's hands, jumping up and down in excitement, "Ok, so, Jaehwan has this gigantic crush on my roommate, Taekwoon, and I was hoping that you could help me help Jaehwan. Please, please, please, pretty, pretty, please?"

"Oh, that's it", Woohyun smiled, happy that no one was trying to steal his hamster, "Yeah, I can help, as long as you don't tell Taekwoon I'm involved with this. He's the soccer team's captain and he'll probably bench me for the entire season if he finds out I'm messing with his love life".

At this, Sunggyu smiled his signature eye smile, "Deal!"

 

-  -  -  -

A/N: Wow, I am so sorry for not updating in forevers. I honestly had this written out for a while but after re reading it yesterday, I decided to re write the whole thing. Sorry, that it's so short (and really crappy). Lol anyways, this is supposed to be the toruXkanako side story from OHSHC and what I originally wrote went along with the manga more but I decided "hey, Taekwoon needs some lovin' too"XDDD Hopefully, I'll be able to get the next part up soon. Thanks for reading (and waiting)~ Comments welcome^^

      

asdkfjkdlgjkljlk; These two are soooo freakin adorable~ You don't even understand. Like, I ship them almost as hard as I ship woogyu (*___*)

  

Don't worry, Woohyun. You and Sunggyu will have your moment in part 2xD

Okay, bye~~^^