Shall We Dance (2/3)

Be My Secret

Taekwoon sighed as he walked to the performing arts building. Once inside the building he was greeted by the old janitor, who gave him a knowing smile when he pressed the 'up' button at the elevator.

"Going there again, Taekwoon-ssi", the janitor asked as he cleaned a window.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes, "Why ask when you already know?"

The old man merely shrugged his shoulders before continuing on with his work.

The student gave the janitor one last glare before stepping into the elevator. When the doors closed, he pressed the button for the fourth floor then sagged against the back wall of the elevator. The doors opened with a robotic voice announcing their arrival to the fourth floor. Taekwoon stepped out of the elevator and walked briskly down the hallway. He had been here so many times that his feet knew where to go without much concious effort on his part. They led him to the back of the building where all the dance practice rooms were, then to an unimpressive brown door all the way at the end of the hall, with a sign reading "JANITOR" hanging around the door knob. Taekwoon quickly scanned the hall, checking for other students, before opening the door and stepping inside. After turning on the sad excuse for a lamp, he made his way to the back of the closet and pulled a janitor's cart out of the way, revealing another door.

Behind the door was a small room, bigger than the janitor's closet but still considerably smaller than a classroom. The contents of the room weren't anything special, just a circular table, a couple chairs, a small window on one wall, and a large floor lamp. What really made this room special was the one-way mirror that allowed the occupants of the room see into the dance practice room next to it. Taekwoon had been exploring the campus in his first year and had stumbled into the room completely on accident.  Upon questioning the janitor in charge of the building, he was informed that a long time ago, when LOEN was still just a school for performing arts, dance instructors would use the room to do secret evaluations of the students. Now, that LOEN was a private school for the priveledged, the room was forgotten.

So, the room had become Taekwoon's secret hiding spot, for times when he wanted to be alone or when the library was full during finals week. Until quite recently, he had only come to the room sporadically but now, it was almost always part of his daily schedule.

And it was all that stupid Lee Jaehawn's fault.

It had started about a week into his third year attending LOEN. He had needed a quiet place to work on an important assignment and had gone to his secret room on a whim. To his surprise, there was a group of people on the other side of the mirror. Taekwoon had panicked at first before remembering that he could see them but they couldn't see him. He had been about to leave for the library instead when the door to the other room slammed open and a short boy with blonde hair and a large nose crashed into the room. It was stupid and Taekwoon felt like an idiot but he couldn't deny that from that moment on, he was completely smitten with the boy. So, he had stayed and watched the group's dance practice. His homework stayed untouched but, within that hour, he had learned that the boy's name was Jaehwan, that he acted like an idiot most of the time but when it came to practicing, he worked twice as hard to make up for his lack of skill in dancing, and that he sang like an angel. Jaehwan would sing while the danced, during breaks, and it was beautiful and perfect and absolutely flawless to Taekwoon's trained ears.

After that, he saw Jaehwan everywhere. In the halls, at his soccer games, eating in the dining hall, studying at the library, in the student lounge, and it drove him crazy. At first, Taekwoon decided to avoid him, which was ridiculous considering that Jaehwan didn't even know he existed. He had taken the long way to class, stopped looking at the stands during his games, he even started making his own meals for the first time in his life so he could avoid the dining hall. However, much to his embarrassment, it had only taken him a week to crack. After not seeing Jaehwan for a week, he had begun to feel anxious and on edge, which resulted in him going to Jaehwan's dance team's performance (not that he had been keeping track of him, it was just a coincidence) [A/N: suuuuuure, taekwoon, suuuuure] . So, he had gone and sat in the very middle of the front row (He came for Jaehwan and he was going to make damn sure that he got his fill). Jaehwan was wonderful and after watching him almost everyday in the practice room, he could see how much the younger boy had improved. But what Taekwoon remembers the most from that performance was the very end. They had just finished their routine, all the boys frozen in their ending poses, when Jaehwan suddenly made eye contact with him and gave him the widest, brightest, most wonderful smile Taekwoon had ever seen.

Which is why, going to the secret room became part of his everyday routine. If we were being quite honest, Taekwoon did everything in ability so that he got to see as much of Jaehwan as possible but he would rather run around the campus in a pink tutu before he admitted that outloud. He was trying to cut down on his obsession now that he was friends with Sunggyu. He had felt a bit guilty yesterday when he had practically forced Sunggyu to eat with him in the dining hall so he could get his Jaehwan fix.

Unsurprisingly, he had never felt the urge (or gotten the courage) to confess his feelings to the younger boy. Taekwoon was fine with admiring the object of his affection from afar and in return he never had to go through the embarrassing act of confessing and quite possibly getting rejected. That is, until that afternoon.

-  -  -  -

As soon as he walked into the dorm, Taekwoon peeled off his sweaty practice uniform and unceremoniously dropped the dirty thing on the floor before trudging to the kitchen. He gulped down a glass of cold water, enjoying the feeling of the cool liquid soothing his dry mouth and throat.

"Hyung", a voice whined. The older boy looked up to see his roommate standing just in front of the door, scrunching his nose at the filthy clothing on the floor.

"Sorry, Sunggyu-ah, I'll clean it up after I finish this glass", Taekwoon called as he refilled his glass with more water. He looked up when he heard the younger boy coming towards him.

"Hyung, the weirdest thing happened to me while I was hosting", Sunggyu exclaimed.

Taekwoon hummed as he drank his water, signalling the other to continue talking.

"While I was hosting, this boy, Lee Jaehwan, requested me!"

At the mention of his favorite freshman, Taekwoon spit out the water he had been guzzling down and stared at the surprised hamster with wide eyes.

"WHAT?!"

The taller boy quickly placed his cup on the counter and began pacing. 'Does Jaehwan like guys? Why did he go to see Sunggyu? Does he like Sunggyu?! What if Sunggyu starts liking him too?! Jaehwan is certainly cute enough, it would only be a matter of time before that lucky hamster fell for the younger boy's charms!'

Sunggyu jumped in surprise when his roommate suddenly pointed at him and shouted, "You can't like, Jaehwan!"

The roommates stood in silence, staring at each other. One wide-eyed with shock and the other red-faced from embarrassment. The younger of the two suddenly stared up at his hyung with a cheshire cat-esque grin on his face, "Hyung, would I be correct in guessing that someone in this room likes a cute freshman, also known as Ken? Wait, to make this easier for you, I'll just tell you right now that that someone isn't me". 

"...No", Taekwoon answered hesitantly, face becoming even redder than it already was. He turned away from the other. '! Why did I overreact?! Now Sunggyu knows that I like Jaehwan! Ugh, maybe he'll stop asking questions if I pretend that I don't care? Yeah, I'll do that!' 

Unfortunately for the older, that plan didn't work because when he turned around again, ready to face the younger, Sunggyu was still staring at him with that stupid grin while he pulled out his phone. The red head sighed, "Hmm, I guess I'll tell Jaehwan that you obviously don't like him, y'know, since you said you didn't". 

Taekwoon glared at his roommate. What happened to the shy, awkward Sunggyu who actually knew how to respect his elders?! When the snarky brat began searching through his contacts, the older began to feel nervous. He wasn't really going to call Jaehwan, right? And where had he even gotten his number from?! 

Suddenly, Jaehwan's voice filled the kitchen, "Hi, Gyu-hyung!", the voice giggled cutely, "I didn't expect you to call so fast. Aww, does Hyung miss me already~?" 

"Jaehwannie~", Sunggyu cooed as he continued to stare at his glaring roommate,"Of course Hyung missed his cute Jaehwannie. Anyways, I called because my roommate, Taekwoon, told me that he-"

Sunggyu looked down when slender fingers pulled on his free hand and found the almighty Jung Taekwoon on his knees, looking up at the younger with pleading eyes, shaking his head, silently begging him not to tell. 

"Gyu-hyung", the voice on the phone called, "Are you still there?"

"Yeah, sorry~", the red head answered,"Anyways, what I was trying to say is that my roommate, Taekwoon, told me that he wanted to invite you over to dinner. Are you free tonight? Actually, I'll let you talk to him. I suddenly remembered that I forgot to return a library book". 

When the younger handed the phone to him, Taekwoon felt like throwing up from anxiety. "H-hello", he said into the device, almost hoping that the other boy had decided to hang up. 

"Oh! Hi, Taekwoon-sunbae", the angelic voice replied, "Umm, I'm free for dinner tonight...should I meet you and hyung at the dining hall?" 

"Um, no! Uhh, come to our dorm, I- umm, I'll cook dinner for you- US!", Taekwoon cringed at how awkward he sounded. 

"At your dorm room?! Umm, sure!"

The older couldn't help smiling at how cute the younger boy sounded, "Great. I'll get your number from Sunggyu and text it to you...umm, I mean, if that's okay with you".

"EH?! Uhhh, I mean, yeah, that's, uh, totally fine with me" the voice on the other line squeaked in an adorable voice that made Taekwoon melt. If it was physically possible, he would be a Taekwoon-shaped puddle in the middle of their kitchen right now.

"Okay, uhm, I'll see you tonight...bye".

A chuckle came from behind him. "Smooth, Taekwoon-hyung", Sunggyu smirked from his seat on the couch. The third-year glared at his younger roommate before suddenly remembering that he now had permission to have Jaehwan's phone number and practically sprinted to his room to grab his phone. His ears turned slightly red when the sound of his roommate's laughter reached them but he ignored his embarrassment to focus of the imporatant task at hand. He was about to send his first text message to the Lee Jaehwan. The same Lee Jaehwan that he had been secretly admiring (stalking) since the beginning of the school year.The same Lee Jaehwan that made him feel like a teenage girl and turned his insides into mush.

To: My Jaehwan

Dormitory A: Floor 5 Room 503

Come by @8:00.

-T

"I didn't realize Jaehwannie was yours".

Taekwoon whipped around, only to find that sneaky hamtser peeking over his shoulder to read the text message. "Sh-shut up", the older muttered, "It's rude to intrude on another person's privacy, brat".

The red head pouted at being referred to as "brat". "Aww, c'mon, Hyung", he whined, "don't be so mean. At least, thank me for setting up a dinner for you and Jaehwannie".

"Psh, 'setting up', yeah right. You called him, then threw me to the proverbial sharks", the older boy grumbled as he moved to start looking through his closet. He glanced at the clock on his wall. Three hours till 8. All he had was three hours to shower, clean the suite, cook a presentable dinner, and mentally/emotionally prepare himself for spending a long period of time within close proximity of his  future husband  person he stalked  crush. Ugh, he hate how juvenile that word sounded but there wasn't a better word he could use to describe his infatuation with the underclassman.

After tearing his closet apart, Taekwoon finally found an outfit that, hopefully, pulled off the "trying-without-trying" look and made his way to the bathroom. On his way he walked passed Sunggyu laying on his stomach in the livingroom, working on his homework and stopped to pat the boy's bright red locks. "Thanks, Sunggyu-ah", the shy lion mumbled.

The boy looked up at his hyung with a wide smile on his chubby face, the kind that made his eyes disappear into two crescents. "No problem, Hyung", suddenly the smile was replaced with a stern expression, "but if you do anything to hurt Jaehwannie, I'll tell the whole school about Ken".

Taekwoon gulped. 'How does he know about Ken?!' Ken was a large stuffed dog toy that his mother had randomly given him for his birthday last year. It's orangey-brown fur and cute sleeping face had immediately reminded him of Jaehwan, which resulted in him naming the toy after the real Ken. Normally, 'Ken' would stay at the back of his closet but when he was having a rough day, Taekwoon would talk out his problems with 'Ken' and occasionally use the stuffed toy as a pillow. He would absolutely die from embarrassment if anyone else found out about 'Ken'.

Before he could promise to not do anything to purposely upset Jaehwan, his phone buzzed, which, of course, sent him launching himself at his phone to see if Jaehwan had replied.

From: My Jaehwan

Ok, Hyung^^ Please make something yummy for dinner!! I'm hungry TT-TT

I'll see you at 8 tonight~

-J

Once again, Taekwoon found himself fighting off a ridiculous smile. How could someone sound cute even through a text?

 

 

-  -  -  -

A/N: Haha this feels awkward since I haven't updated in so long:P Sorry, guys! I really am trying to update everything but school is seriously kicking my but right now TT-TT Anyways, I hope you at least kinda like this update and I'll try to write more whenever I have time. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ken"