A game of chess

Dashed Hopes

A Game Of Chess

 

 

Krystal slowly opened her eyes. Where was she? She was surrounded by an unfamiliar setting. Her eyes glanced everywhere, she kept on blinking. She was in a small dull grey room with hardly any ray of light and darkness surrounding her everywhere. She sat up only to hear a creak from the dainty old single mattress she was lying on. A strange odour wafted into the room and reached her tired drained face. It was the smell of unpleasantness. The one thing that stood out the most in front of her tired eyes was a door that was completely opposite to her. It was a tall grey metallic rectangular shaped door.

What had happened to her? Was it all a dream? Was everything that had happened a dream, that excruciating pain that that. She screamed grabbing her charcoal black hair in her porcelain hands. What had happened to her and why? All these questions were running through her head and all those memories of that night. That dreaded night. The tall man and that pain. Then suddenly that door started to slowly open and the smell was getting stronger.

A group of men entered all dressed in black with their heads down and not even making eye contact with her. Then behind them a different man came out and walked to the front wearing a glistening gold robe. He looked up to her and gave a little smirk.

“It’s finally time Krystal” chuckled the man in a low toned voice.

How on earth did he know her name and where on earth was she? She thought.

He lifted out his hand smiled “Now come with us.”

“Why would I do that? Now tell me where am I” Krystal demanded.

“Everything will be revealed in good time and the longer we stand here in idle chat the longer the time will take for your questions to be answered, my dear.”  Replied the man.

Unknowingly she followed them as if curiosity had taken control of her puzzled mind. They were walking and walking through dark dismal alley ways. Then finally they entered the room. Her eyes widened in shock in what she saw. They were all there. Sitting or standing they were all there. Kai, Suzy, Sulli, Minho, Kim Soohyun and now Krystal. The men in the black took her and placed her besides Kai and Soohyun who were opposite to the rest. They were split into 3 and were stood parallel to each other. Then a different man approached them and stood in the middle. He was dressed in a rich luxurious fur coat and pointy shoes that were studded with diamonds.

“Welcome Crimson Roses, now I guess you all must be very confused in what is happening and what happened to you guys yesterday and why you are here or who we are. Well I will answer all of these questions. I’ll start off with what happened to you guys yesterday. It is true that you all had pain shooting from your back and the fact, the fact that what had come out of your backs were wings. You all have wings”

Everyone looked at him shocked in horror. They all thought it was a horrible nightmare well hoped anyways.

“Don’t ing bull with us you old man!!” Screamed Soohyun

He looked at the man in disbelief and glanced towards Suzy who was completely frozen with a single aqua tear cascading down her cheek. He walked towards the man but was dragged back by the men in black.

“Why have you stopped talking, carry on” questioned kai in a voice with no hint of emotion.

“Well then, I suggest you hold in your anger young man because there is a lot more to come and this is nearly the beginning. Even though you all have wings you are still different that is why you are separated in 2 groups. The white winged ones and the black winged ones. Kai, Krystal and Soohyun when all of your wings came out they were black, weren’t they? Whereas Sulli, Minho and Suzy had white wings.”

“and why does it matter if our wings are a different colour” asked Sulli finally finding the words to ask.

“Its because we are different breeds, isn’t it.” Replied Kai looking at the man.

The man laughed “Oh how this is going to be fun, never expected for you all to have such intriguing personalities. Well now there is one problem though”

They all looked at him wishing it wouldn’t get worse.

“Only one breed can exist”

What did he mean by that. Only one breed can exist.

“You are all probably wondering what I am on about. You see when you were all born you were given powers and were divided. Many people can call it Angels and Demons but that is not it because I don’t think any of you lot are kind hearted enough to be an Angel. What it really is, is that you are all Demons and have hearts as ones but some in disguise and some not.  You all exceed in everything and know how to fight but no one can find out about you or it will put everything in danger.

“Wait a minute! What the hell do you mean ‘put everything in danger’. Who are you guys any ways and what are you on about, talking about this Angels and Demon crap!

Exclaimed Soohyun while ferociously shoving the men away. CLICK! Soohyun’s face paled as he looked up to see an array of guns pointing in his direction on the balcony above.

“Well well, now aren’t you an excitable young boy so now I suggest you go place yourself down before those men up there blow your brains out ok?” Chuckled the man in the most condescending way whilst lounging back on a jet black leather chair.

Suzy motioned to Soohyun to place himself down before anything else happened. Soohyun bristled then complied.

“Now that everyone is settled, you are currently in a building owned by Neco.”

“ Neco? What is Neco?” Questioned Minho.

“Neco is a global organisation which exists mainly in the shadows. It is underground for a reason as it is highly influential and is untouchable. It has strong ties to the black market and does various specialised jobs. These involve human trafficking, the drugs trade, assassinations that can either be small or on a large scale and other jobs. We also collaborate with other organisations such as the mafia, major-league gangs and so on. Since the organisation is global there is an elected chairman for each branch across the world. However, there is only one official leader of Neco, This leader is a very powerful, feared and revered. He was the one who originally created this organisation and made it what it is today.

However, the current leader is now going to step down from his post which is why a new leader needs to be elected. The leader has two sons who are the heirs to the organisation and only one of them will become the new leader. To decide who will become the new leader they have to play a game to determine their worth, their own version of ‘Chess’ I suppose. They have to use their turns wisely to gain for example more political power and generally an advantage over the other. In the end by using their pawns and whatever means necessary one will become the winner and will be crowned the new leader of Neco.”

“Okaay, but why are we here? What does such an ‘organisation’ want with us?” interjected Minho.

The man smiled and cocked his head a malicious grin spread across his amused face.

“Every chess game needs pawns and you lot my dearies are them. Depending on your wing colour you will be split up into two teams. The ones with white wings will be put under one heir and the ones with black will be put in the other. The heir you have been assigned to will be your masters and you have no choice but to follow there every command even at the cost of your life or your friends”

“and tell me one bloody reason why we should even take part in this game or be one of your stupid pawns!” Declared Minho with his fists clenched.

“Look I don’t know who you think we are but we are just high school students and we refuse to take part in such a horrendous game, we won’t be forced to, come on guys lets go.” Sulli said as she and the others stood up.

“of course you guys can leave now if you want but before you go I would like to mention that whilst you were all unconscious we took the liberty to inject you all with a lethal poison. Well viruses to be more exact-“

He was abruptly interrupted by Soohyun who had leaped across the table and pinned him against the wall whilst shouting “what the are you on about?”

“We injected the virus earlier and by now it will have entered your blood stream and have spread all throughout your bodies.”

Upon hearing this Soohyun was overcome by an uncontrollable rage that could no longer be suppressed. He raised his fists and slammed it across the man’s face drawing blood. With that the men in black rushed over to pull Soohyun away once again.

“The virus is deadly you see and there is no cure. The only way to treat it is to maintain the virus levels before they slowly cause your body to die through a certain type of medication.”

“Where is the medication” asked Kai in a monotone voice throughout this whole time Krystal and Kai’s facial expressions remained the same.

The man wiped the blood from his busted lips and replied

“Only the heirs have them of course”

 

Authors note: neco is the latin word for kill.

well spent ages writing this so i hope you all like it and sorry it took some time but been having exams.Do tell if you like it by commenting and i will try my best to update more often.