The South Pole: Understanding the Cho

Magnet

The magnetic lines of force originate from the North Pole of a magnet and end at its South Pole.

 

 

Christmas.

A time when Sungmin constantly had excitement for, but frequently grieved. For him, it was unintelligible moment to describe with words. Sungmin always welcomed Christmas with full excitement, imagining about delicious sweets, thinking about whole pack of gifts and presents from his father and relatives, watching family-movies non-stop. Christmas was always warmth because it’s all about family-time.

 

As colorful as his mind thinking about Christmas, reality bites, Christmas in terms of family gathering between a father, a mother, and their children, was one thing Sungmin never experienced. For him, Christmas was never been between parents and children. For Lee Sungmin, the only child of the superior Lee clan throughout Korea, family gathering during Christmas was consisted of a Psychiatrist, acting as big brother; a personal bodyguard, acting as another big brother; several servants; and himself. His father was always absent in Christmas, only whole pack of gifts from him were present for Sungmin. Therefore, it’s reasonable if Sungmin had different definition about family. In Lee Sungmin’s dictionary, family was not defined by blood or gene, it defined by affection and interaction. So, for him, family meant his two Hyungs.

 

Before his Hyungs came into his life, Christmas made Sungmin longing for his family, especially his ever non-existence Mother whom he didn’t know. Sungmin always imagined what she was look like.

Was she beautiful?

She probably was.

Did she smile a lot?

She probably was.

Did she ever a great cook?

She probably was.

Once, when he was 7, he passed a day, literally 24 hours, choosing several actress and public figures to be his Mother for his imagination. So, every time Sungmin spent his time daydreaming, he imagined that person as his Mother.

 

Why Christmas suddenly came across his mind?

Well, there was a reason. Sungmin remembered about Christmas because of the view happening in front of his eyes. He witnessed Kyuhyun and Hanna, interacting to each other. Hanna was making a tie for her son, while Kyuhyun was letting his Mom to do the job. Both of them were talking in low voices. Sungmin couldn’t hear them, but from the way Kyuhyun saw his Mom, and the way Hanna smiled at her son, Sungmin knew they were showing affection for each other.

It was warm, they were warmth.

Watching them reminded him of Christmas’ movie, about true meaning of family bonding. And he couldn’t help to smile. Sungmin folded his arms and leaned sideway on the doorframe, enjoying the view, without making any noise to disturb the mother and the son. An idea interrupted his mind as he was wondering, maybe, it would be nice to have his Mother making a tie for him, everyday, before he went to School.

I envy you, Kyu-Hyung…

 

*****

 

“It’s been a while…” Both hands working carefully, Hanna tugged her lips to smile.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows were gathering to the middle, showing oddity. “What…?” He questioned, unsure.

 

“This…” Hanna lifted the tie in her hands. “Making a tie for you.”

 

A chuckle slipped from Kyuhyun’s lips, thinking that his Mom was acting ridiculous.

 

“I love it.” The mother added, while both hands were still busy.

 

“Knotting a tie??” Kyuhyun chuckled once again, pretty much more skeptical than before. “You seriously need to find a man to release your , Mrs. Cho.”

 

Hanna tightened the knot and drew it up to Kyuhyun’s collar. “You son of a .” She laughed with her own joke, because she realized it was literally true, ironically true.

“I said for you, not someone else!” Hanna flattened Kyuhyun’s shoulders with her hands when she finished knotting her son’s tie.

 

“Your joke is not funny, Mom.” Kyuhyun suddenly changed his tone into a cold one.

 

Hanna giggled and glanced up, placing her eyes on Kyuhyun while letting her hands to stay on Kyuhyun’s shoulders.

“Look at you… My boy is a man already.” She ignored the boy’s changing mood. “A y, reliable young man…” Her hands were moving sideways on Kyuhyun’s shoulders. “I’m proud of you, Cho Kyuhyun.” A smile was obviously seen from her face.

 

Kyuhyun caught one of Hanna’s hands. “No, not yet, Mom…” He bought Hanna’s back palm against his lips, pecking the skin softly.

“I haven’t pay our debt, I haven’t graduate, haven’t set you free from this place.” His eyes were staring at the older woman who was smiling gently. “You don’t have a reason to be proud of me.”

 

Hanna’s smile widened. “Idiot son of a .” She joked once again, ignoring Kyuhyun’s opinion about the joke. “You’ve done a lot of things for me, for us… And I always thankful for you, my baby boy.”

 

Kyuhyun shook his head slowly. “No, Mom. It’s not enough.” He said. “I promise I will win tonight, going back to School, graduate and find a way to go from this place.”

 

Hanna moved both of her hands to palm Kyuhyun’s cheek. “Listen to me…” She lifted Kyuhyun’s face to look at her intently.

“If you don’t win tonight, just run away from this place with Sungmin and stay in your dorm.”

 

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes, getting tense within second. He couldn’t hide his disagreement out from his expression.

 

“Don’t go back in here until I told you so.” Hanna added.

 

After few seconds of silent to digest the whole thing, Kyuhyun finally replied. “And leaving you here with the mess??!” He raised his voice in protest.

 

“I’ll be fine.” This time, Hanna was the one who increased her voice.

 

“No.” A bold reply came to answer her.

 

“Kyu-”

 

“I said NO.” Kyuhyun restated, cutting his Mom’s sentence. He could feel Hanna’s hold around his face was getting tighter.

 

“It’s not a request! It’s an order from me as your Mother.” She said it firmly.

 

With similar definitive tone, Kyuhyun insisted. “I don’t ing care.” He circled Hanna’s wrists with his fingers.

“If I lose, you’ll come with me, or we’re staying here together.” He pulled Hanna’s hands away, releasing his face from his Mother’s hold.

 

Hanna gathered her eyebrows to the middle, getting irritated. She was about to say something when Kyuhyun cut her again.

“No. I’m not going to let you suffering alone.”

 

She stood in silence, watching Kyuhyun’s face tensing up as seconds goes by. “I never raised you to be stubborn like this…” Hanna squirmed her hands off from Kyuhyun’s grip, which the latter granted it.

 

“If I lose, we run away from this place.” He muttered.

 

“And where will I stay? In your School’s dorm?!” High pitch voice filled the air in the room to reply him. “Who’s going to feed me? Your School’s Principal??” Hanna asked, very much cynical to hear.

 

The boy’s expression was getting hard and tense once again. “Of course I leave School and we run away, find another place to stay, find a job.”

 

“Don’t be such an idiot! I put you in that ing expensive School to have a ing promising job!” She continued to lash out her rants. Her shoulders were moving up and down like she carried heavy burden on her shoulder.

Couple of seconds passed and she was getting calmer. “I don’t want you to suffer like this… Desperate for money, scared of other people beating you up…” Tears were on the brim of her eyes as she confessed.

“I want you to have a great future…living a normal life, earn a lot of money…become happy…” She lifted her face a little, trying to avoid the tears from falling down.

 

“Money? I don’t need a lot of money…” Kyuhyun gripped Hanna’s biceps with his hands, holding the older woman tightly.

“My happiness is seeing you happy.” He sent absolute decisiveness with his eyes. “Nothing else, Mom.” His voice was getting softer, even just a little bit.

 

“Can’t you get it…” Kyuhyun frowned, making a plea to his Mom.

 

Her tears were flowing down smoothly on her cheek. She broke down crying in silent within second. It was a bitter thing to hear for her. Hanna was not in favor with Kyuhyun, because it made her guiltier than ever. If she counted her fault or wrongdoing that had effect on Kyuhyun, she could spend entire night to list it down. Starting from her marriage with Kyuhyun’s father that happened in a wrong way, the affairs, her ego towards her client, everything was fair enough to label her as bad Mother for Kyuhyun. But the boy, Kyuhyun, was never showing hate towards her, always trusted her, and placed her in top priority above anything else. Even though Kyuhyun often made trouble, being bad and naughty, yet he always loved her dearly. And what did Hanna do for Kyuhyun in return? Hiding the truth, keeping some secrets from him.

 

Kyuhyun only knew several things of her, of himself, and Hanna didn’t have the courage to tell him everything. No, not now. Kyuhyun didn’t need to know now. Hanna didn’t want to bet on Kyuhyun by telling him the truth. Kyuhyun would hate her if he knew. She loved Kyuhyun and she wasn’t ready to lose him, yet.

 

Kyuhyun pulled Hanna into his embrace. His strong arms were supporting her shaking body tightly.

 

Hanna turned her head, leaving her cheek on Kyuhyun’s chest. Even though her vision was blurry, she caught a figure by the corner of her eyes, standing on the doorway. Then, something inspired her. Maybe, just maybe, the boy in her eyes right now could change Kyuhyun’s mind.

 

*****

 

People have their own problems. One thing could become a big problem for someone, while it didn’t even make a slightest deal for others. Different conditions and situations made specific problems for people. Kyuhyun spent most of his time struggling with lack of food, money and daily basic needs, while those things never, not even a bit, bothered Sungmin’s life. Food with the highest quality and quantity were always ready for him, money was not a consideration to buy something. If Sungmin wanted it, he had it. His life was full and accomplished in terms of physical needs.

 

It was not because Sungmin never knew such poor conditions exist. Sungmin read, watched, even did charity works few times. But it felt different right now. Desperate for food and money’s problem seemed too realistic and imminent. Being in Dukryang, being around Kyuhyun and Hanna, somehow, Sungmin could feel them or experience their problem. He sort of involved in it, especially when he was totally out of his regular life and Dukryang offered brand new people and experience to him.

 

He came into conclusion; compare to his problem, Kyuhyun’s was more severe. The rebel needed to deal with tragic and cruel world whereas his life was as easy as snapping his fingers. If Sungmin was making a great deal about being left behind by his father and being lonely, Kyuhyun was dropping every single sweat, even blood, in order to survive life. Somehow, he felt ashamed of himself, in front of Kyuhyun and Hanna. And he kind of surprised to realize something afterwards. For the first time in his life, Sungmin felt very grateful to be born as a Lee clan, the most famous and richest family clan throughout Korea.

 

Sungmin startled at the moment Hanna caught him watching. He didn’t mean eavesdropping their conversation. He only adored, half envious, their interaction in the first place. And when their mood started to tense, Sungmin stuck on his position because he didn’t want to disturb them, or made his presence known by them. Now Hanna already noticed him, Sungmin suddenly needed to explain himself.

 

“I-I’m s-sorry…” Sungmin stuttered, feeling nervous and awkward. Two pairs of eyes belong to the Cho’s were falling upon him. “I didn’t mean…”

 

Hanna backed away from Kyuhyun’s hold and turned her body towards the unexpected audience. Her lips were smiling when she said.

“Sungmin, come here.” She stretched a hand for the said boy, requesting him to get closer with hand gesture.

 

Sungmin hesitated first, intended to refuse and left the family alone. But Kyuhyun’s looks made him stay, and Hanna’s eyes dragged his feet to walk towards them.

 

Like mother like son, both had the power to attract me.

Sungmin thought, undeniably legitimate.

 

Hanna reached for Sungmin’s hair when the latter stopped at one point, enough distance for her to fix his hair. “You look gorgeous.” She commented while his hair gently.

 

Her comment was unexpected. He didn’t know what to reply except muttering, “Th-thank you.”

Sungmin could feel her fingertips on his scalp, rubbing on it soothingly. Hanna made him comfortable with her gentleness, and he couldn’t stop to feel jealous over Kyuhyun once again. Maybe, if he had a mother, her warmth would probably just the same like Hanna’s.

 

Hanna continued to polish Sungmin’s style by folding the sleeves of his leather jacket while keep speaking.

“I still can’t believe that you…a perfect person like you is with Kyuhyun.” Her tone was lighter than before. “How can you cope up with that stubborn brat?” She teased, not wanting to care that ‘the brat’ was standing on her right.

 

“Hey, Mom?!” The brat scowled in protest.

 

Sungmin cracked a laugh. “Well, it’s his appeal.” He let Hanna folding the right sleeve of his jacket as he continued. “Being a brat while acting sweet and gentle.”

 

Hanna chuckled in response. “Guess he nailed you, huh?” She looked up to Sungmin after she finished with the sleeves.

 

“Yeah, as much as you nailed me.” A warm smile was formed on Sungmin’s face. “I think I can say that, it’s in the genes. He inherited yours.”

 

Hanna broke into a merry laugh. “You’re such a charmer, Sungmin.” She lifted a hand to cup Sungmin’s cheek while maintaining her urge not to squeeze him hard.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes as he noticed the overly too close interaction between Hanna and Sungmin. His mom and his boyfriend seemed to be in their own bubble, ignoring him, not minding with his presence, not even giving a damn on his attempt to fake few coughs.

 

“Sungmin…” Hanna spoke again. “Since you can influence people with your charm…” She brushed his cheek with a thumb. “Can you please talk to the brat that he needs to listen to his Mother this time? That he needs to leave this place if he loses tonight?”

 

In all honesty, even if Sungmin didn’t have the heart to reject Hanna, he couldn’t support her opinion on this matter. He totally agreed with Kyuhyun for not leaving her behind. Sungmin realized, for Kyuhyun, Hanna was his home, not Dukryang. The outlaw city became his hometown because Hanna was living there. With her, Kyuhyun could leave anywhere, but leaving her in Dukryang, Kyuhyun would lose a person who made him feel the safest. Therefore, Sungmin could understand and respect Kyuhyun’s argument. To put it fairly, Sungmin respect and envied their love for each other at the same time. It was…warm, like those families he seen in Christmas movies.

 

Kyuhyun straightened his face in response, getting angry at the game that his Mom and Sungmin played, ignoring him like he didn’t even exist. He was ready to burst out his protest when Sungmin preceded him by saying. “Hanna-ssi, don’t worry. I promise you it won’t happen.”

 

Sungmin took Hanna’s hand away from his face and squeeze it gently. “Kyu-Hyung will win tonight, so your request is out of question.”

 

There was a slight of confuse on Hanna’s face which Sungmin realized right away. His smile was getting wider as he spoke. “He will win tonight because I’ll be beside him all along.” Not only his soothing voices trying to assure Hanna, but also his hands. He squeezed both of her palms gently.

 

Hanna seemed a bit calmer with that, and Sungmin suddenly turned his head away from her. Finally looking up to his boyfriend, Sungmin was keeping his smile in brief.

“Right, Kyu-Hyung?” His gentle smile turned into a cocky yet confident smirk.

 

Damn!

Kyuhyun must be ridiculously maniac because at a time like this, during his Mother’s emotional-self, his mind floated with imagination of wiping those smile away with wet, hard kisses.

 

*****

 

“How is it?” One hand supporting his body on the table, the other rubbing a muscular shoulder, Leeteuk was bending down asking the man who was busy with his computers.

 

“We’re in their system already, and now trying to crack the Casino Nights system’s encryption.” Kangin answered with busy fingers on the keyboard.

 

“Is it possible?” The Psychiatrist asked again.

 

“Yeah… I can make that brat win easily by taking control of the gamblers’ winning status, but I don’t know how much he needs to win for his boss.” Kangin reported.

 

Leeteuk was silent, few wrinkles was on his forehead as he frowned. After couple of seconds, he finally spoke. “Min didn’t tell you how much?”

 

“Guess Min doesn’t know it either.” The bodyguard shrugged before he elaborated further. “He must have been supplied such important information to me if it’s mean to help the brat.”

 

Leeteuk agreed with few nods. Kangin was right. Sungmin might have been telling them if he wanted to help Kyuhyun. Sungmin always calculated and planned everything beforehand; forgetting to tell them such helpful info would only put the mission of helping into a waste. So, yeah, it’s obvious, Sungmin was also clueless.

 

“There’s more.”  Kangin added. “I can’t guarantee 100% for the brat’s winning.”

The bigger guy didn’t mind to wait for Leeteuk’s reply and supplied more. “I can arrange the gambling rules into a long game so people lost count of all gambler’s winning status then hijacked the overall result, but I need the brat’s actual ability to win the set multiple times so people won’t get suspicious.”

 

“Hmm, yeah, it’s hard to hack the result if the brat doesn’t prove himself.” Leeteuk approved. “Well, I just hope Min had calculated this when he gave you the idea to hack the system.”

 

“Still can’t reach him?” There was a clear worrying tone in Kangin’s voice.

 

Leeteuk shook his head to answer and added. “I think they sterilized the air space from any kind of signal. Min always called us from the club’s phone, not from his mobile.”

 

“And Heechul?” The bodyguard proposed an idea to get connected with Sungmin.

 

“Oh, that guy.” Some kind of tiring sigh was heard from the Psychiatrist.

“You know what? I think your pretty eccentric friend is totally…Eccentric…” Leeteuk seemed confuse to choose the best words to describe the pretty . He straightened his body while Kangin made a questioned look. Getting the other’s confusion, he elaborated further. “He was… and cursing in Chinese when I called him.”

 

Kangin slipped out a small chuckle, clearly understand what the other’s words were aiming but still trying to confirm it first. “What do you mean?”

 

Leeteuk turned around and leaned his bottom against the computer’s desk. He shoved his head, giving the other a serious look. “Kangin, your friend was having when I called him.”

 

The bodyguard failed to hold his laugh as he stopped typing and twirled on his chair to face Leeteuk. He was in the middle of his laugh when he replied. “That’s Kim Heechul for you.”

 

Another sigh came out from Leeteuk. “You should have at least warned me about his unique habit.” He folded his arms on his chest. “He didn’t even bother with me hearing his moans, curses and shrieks.” His mind was recalling the phone conversation few moments ago. “Jesus Christ! Thank god I hanged up at the right moment, or else, I would listen to his .”

 

Kangin startled as he realized something. “That’s rare, coming from you who always respect a person’s unusual condition.” He said, referring to Leeteuk’s occupation as Psychiatrist.

 

“Well, he doesn’t have mental problems as sort. Yes, he’s impulsive and doesn’t have a filter, sometimes manipulative, but there’s nothing unusual with his mind.” The mental doctor was stating his diagnose over Heechul. “We just met once and he didn’t know me that much. He had the option for not answering my phone or hung up on me if he was busy, but he didn’t.” Leeteuk shrugged. “In fact, he somewhat exposed it on purpose.” His eyes were rolling in amusement.

 

“Been there.” The bodyguard grinned. “Can you imagine my burden of being his roommate for several years?”

 

“No, thanks. I don’t want to imagine.” Leeteuk chortled. “I assume your eyes suffered a lot back then.”

 

Kangin’s hands were claiming for Leeteuk’s, unfolding it from his chest. “Speaking of which…” He linked their hands together. “My eyes are kind of suffers too right now.” He made a childish frown, totally not compatible with his manly features. “Will you kiss it away to make it better?”

 

Leeteuk chuckled. “Stop it, I had enough nausea from your friend.” He put Kangin’s hands on his waist. “Don’t add it with your ‘trying to look cute’ expression.” Lifting the other’s face with his palms, the Psychiatrist leaned down. “It’s gross.” Quite contradictory, he was not hesitating to fulfill Kangin’s request.

 

*****

 

It was another déjà vu. Every pair of eyes was on him, taunting and hungry, just like he entered the place for the first time as Miinah. Sungmin could feel it since the elevator welcomed them to the Casino Palace’s floor. However, there was one difference, this time, his nerve was completely gone. Sungmin felt comfortable because Kyuhyun, or rather Marcus, was with him, walking together on his side among the crowd mess. The older’s arm was hooking around on his shoulders while his left arm was circling on Kyuhyun’s waist.

 

Bunch of men or women whose names and faces were unfamiliar, greeted Sungmin in friendly yet flirty voices. Of course, he appreciated it. Simple smile forming on his lips replied them. After few rounds of greetings, Marcus suddenly initiated to answer them with glaring eyes saying ‘ off!’ or ‘screw you!’. The rebel even hissed few times at them. And Sungmin was amused with that.

 

Marcus’s overly-insecurity was actually something to laugh at. Sungmin saw it as some kind of wasting energy. Marcus didn’t need to relish his tantrums at them. Everyone knew Miinah was Marcus for Casino Nights. Of course they were flirty, it was an club after all, everyone would be acting fun, easy-going and ty, right? Wasn’t Marcus supposed to know that the best? So, why should he get frantic over it?

 

The moment they separated from each other was after Sungmin’s request for a drink. The younger was thirsty and the older initiated to get something from the bar. Sungmin was standing around the slot machines when his mind started to wonder.

Did Kangin hack the club’s system already? Was Kyuhyun going to win tonight?

Sungmin was worried about it. There was nothing much to do. What could he do to help Kyuhyun win the competition? His Hyung would do the job to hack, and he could only wait. At some point, he felt useless.

 

*GASP*

It was so sudden. Something shocked the hell out of him. Sungmin gasped when he felt a sudden cold being contact with his skin. He felt it on his nape, and he quickly turned around to find out.

 

“What a surprise to see you alone in here… If I won you back then, I wouldn’t be able to leave you even for five seconds.”

 

*Thump!*

That killer eyes and cold voice again. Sungmin stunned for a moment to examine the newcomer. He was wearing long gray coat with fur coating the wide lapel. His coat was opened, showing black shirt and jeans inside it. A pair of Allen Edmonds’ leather shoes and Hermes’ snakeskin belt completed his expensive look. Sungmin admitted, the guy got taste for style.

 

After went speechless for few seconds, Sungmin held a grip of himself and finally said. “Well, Marcus went to get-”

 

“A drink?” He cut Sungmin off and offered cold bottle of beer, a thing that he used to greet Sungmin on the skin few seconds ago.

 

Sungmin startled of the guy’s impulsiveness. His eyes were trailing slowly from the bottle up to the face before finally met the guy’s black orbs. “Thank you.” His voice was steady, succeeding to cover his nervousness. He took the beer afterwards.

 

“Toast?” He lifted his own bottle while curling a smirk.

 

His confidence, his bold gesture, his cold and unforgiving stares, the guy was totally seized Sungmin from the start. His appeal was irresistible, and yes, he made him nervous. After a whole lot of effort, Sungmin managed to smile briefly. “Sure.” He raised his bottle too.

 

“For another chance to talk to Miinah.” He said his wish for the toast.

 

Sungmin’s smile widened. “Not for winning the game tonight, Mr. Top?”

 

“Nah, getting you is harder than winning the game.” He said confidently before he clanked their bottles together, leaving Sungmin speechless.

 

Soon after two gulps down his throat, Top started to speak again. “I have a question, Miinah.”

 

Sungmin narrowed his eyes in amusement before he replied casually. “I try my best to answer.”

 

“What do you like about Marcus?” His eyebrows were almost making a line together in the middle.

 

What is he aiming for?

His mind was wandering automatically. There was silent for several seconds before an answer came from Sungmin. “Why? Feeling insecure already?”

 

Top chuckled in reply. “Maybe.” He was shrugging while adding more. “Who doesn’t when it comes to you?”

 

“You totally don’t give up, huh?”

 

“Well, I’ll be blunt.” Top twirled his bottles in circular motion. His relaxing face was turning into a tense expression. “I want you, whatever it takes, whoever I’ll face.”

 

With conflicting mind and worries, Sungmin managed to form a simple smile. “I’ll take that as a compliment, coming from an attractive person like you.” He decided to play along with Top.

 

“I’ll give you more than Marcus could ever provide.” Top insisted. “Money, apartment, car, clothes, anything you want to become my lover.”

 

Uh-oh… I have enough already.

Sungmin thought.

“You know what, Mr. Top? One thing I like about Marcus, he doesn’t bargain, he fights for me.” He pulled his lips to smile. “He treats me like a person, not a thing.”

 

“If acting like a brat for not letting you talk with other people means treating you as a person, then what is the differences with kid protecting his toys from other kids?” He snorted.

 

What?

Sungmin deeply thought.

 

Top didn’t wait for Sungmin’s answer and just bombarded another questions. “Tell me, is he asking your opinion, how do you feel about not trusting you in that sense?”

 

Good point.

Sungmin gulped in silent.

 

“I bargain you because I thought he is giving you a good deal.” Top revealed. “By the way you defend him, it seems there is personal attachment there.” There was silence for few seconds as he took another gulps of his beer. “But, is he treating you the way you wish for, fairly, or at least the same way with you?”

 

Sungmin contorted his face with precaution expression.

 

“From what I see, Marcus is controlling you like you’re a piece of his thing.” Top paused for a moment, before his lips muttered again. “He commands, not listens.”

 

Is he?

He couldn’t point his mind right now. It was quite juggling inside. Top annoyed him, but his words were bugging him. In not best condition to think for an answer, Sungmin went by saying. “We have been through a lot, I trust him.” He blurted out. The President could see how Top’s face was changing from serious into satisfaction, as if his expectation was fulfilled.

 

“Hmpft.” The gambler smiled. “Guess I’m rite that both of you have known each other and have something going on before?” His smirk was occurring on his face again.

 

Oh, !

Sungmin dilated his eyes in surprise, clearly forgetting that he supposed to be strangers with Marcus.

 

“Are you following him here? Because it’s obvious you smell like a newbie.” Top taunted him with question again.

 

Taking his time to breath normally, Sungmin calmly replied. “What do you want, actually?”

 

There was a brief change on Top’s face as soft chuckle slipped out of his lips. “I told you.” His smile widened. “I want you.”

Something cached his attention by the way he was looking behind Sungmin. “Well, see you at the Blackjack table, Miinah.” He clanked their bottles once again before drank its contain dry while walking away with firm steps.

 

Sungmin watched him leave until familiar voice approached his hearing.

 

“Is that Top? What does he want?” Marcus’ voice was very full of accusation.

 

Sungmin turned his head towards Marcus who looked quite pissed. Two bottles of beers were inside his right grip.

 

“You’re drinking with him?” He asked with narrowing eyes. Clearly, Marcus realized the bottle in Sungmin’s hand.

 

“He-” Sungmin stuttered for a while. “He offered me a drink.” He answered, unsure.

 

“Why you accepted it? You know I went to the bar for getting you a beer.” Marcus replied.

 

Marcus is controlling you like you’re a piece of his thing

Top’s voices suddenly hung around inside his head.

 

“Never accept a drink from strangers again, Min. You might don’t know what they put in it.” Told Marcus in a bold tone.

 

He commands, not listens…

Unfortunately, Sungmin thought Top is right. He agreed. Kyuhyun was dominant in their relationship. He always did what he wanted to do, ignoring other people’s opinion.

 

“-inah…”

 

When they were fighting days ago, Kyuhyun also pushed Sungmin to follow his request. His words, his tone, his eyes, were all giving orders. However, it was not the point, because the big question would be: is Sungmin okay with that, being ‘the beta’ lover, or he thought Kyuhyun was treating him unfairly?

 

“Min…”

 

First of all, in a funny way, Sungmin didn’t mind, he hadn’t even realized if Top didn’t bring the topic up. And second, well, call him weird, but Sungmin felt it was kind of sweet. He saw it as a form of care. Kyuhyun would go extreme for someone he cares, right? On the other note, he believed, Kyuhyun’s character might destructive for their relationship in the future, especially when Kyuhyun tended to be accusing and doubting. After one careful thought and drew a conclusion for the situation, Sungmin decided; he needed to find a way to make Kyuhyun listened and obliged.

 

“-you listening?”

 

A vague muttering voice broke Sungmin’s inner monologue. He turned and stepped closely to the rebel. His hands were finding its way to hang around Kyuhyun’s neck. His eyes were full of determination when he spoke to the older. “Marcus.” Sungmin started, tiptoeing to get his face closer. “Top asked me to be his lover.” He whispered on Kyuhyun’s lips.

 

Kyuhyun could feel the other’s breath ghosting around his lips, making a slight change on his face. His vein was sticking out from his tight skin, resisting something from bursting out.

 

“He’s ready to give me anything I want.” Sungmin continued to whisper, brushing their lips briefly.

 

Kyuhyun lifted his hands and untangled the younger’s arms around his neck. He was silent, undisturbed, but his glaring eyes were explaining a lot of his mind. He freed himself away from Sungmin and was going to walk when Sungmin stopped him by holding his arm.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

 

“Giving him warning for flirting with you.” Kyuhyun growled. “He clearly doesn’t respect me as your lover.”

 

Temporary lover.” Sungmin corrected, stressing the ‘temporary’ word.

 

Kyuhyun paused in a snap before his eyes were side-glancing the other.

 

“You win me over with a game, Marcus.” Explained Sungmin. “I’m your partner for Casino Nights. That’s what other people see.” He explained, a matter of fact. “So, it’s not his fault if he thinks that he has chance.”

 

“Are you saying you’re okay with him flirting around you?” By the sound of his tone, it’s clearly that Kyuhyun was offended. “Don’t tell me you enjoy it?” His eyes narrowed with judgment.

 

He didn’t answer. Sungmin was holding his words, trying to be calm in facing the rebel. He was staring at Kyuhyun in silent, and his stares already said a lot without even spoken out.

 

It was a glimpse of oasis for Kyuhyun’s burning-self. With Sungmin’s tender eyes and serene expression, Marcus slowed down and turned preserved.

 

Sungmin leaned closer and hooked his arms around the other once again. “Don’t say such thing.” He mumbled. “Your judgment offends me.” His tone was gentle, yet it was bold enough to show his irritation. “After all we’ve been through, shouldn’t we’re working on our trust?”

 

It took him three seconds before Kyuhyun replied with a same gesture by holding him close. “I can’t stop thinking I will lose everything tonight.” He confessed. “Including you.” His chin was landing slowly on the younger’s crown.

 

“Lose or win, either way, I’m staying with you.” Sungmin snuggled onto Kyuhyun’s chest. “I just want you to forget everything around and focus on the game.” Kyuhyun planted a brief kiss on his hair as he went requesting. “Can you do it for me?”

 

“Okay.” The rebel answered with compliance.

 

Well, sorry Top, I guess you’re wrong. Maybe Kyuhyun commands, but he’s definitely listened. You just need to know how to make him listened.

Sungmin was speaking with his inner-self while remembering the conversation with Top. He drifted apart from their embrace and lifted his chin up to Kyuhyun’s face. “Now, where’s my hot kiss?” He asked playfully, already closing his eyes in anticipation.

 

The gambler let the chuckle slipped off his lips before he fulfilled the younger’s request, complying to him once again.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: ummm... Hallooooo... Does anybody still read this fic? After all those drama with Min? Well, anyway, I don't really care about it. I miss writing and voila! it's updated! Especially after KyuMin's moments in SS6 HongKong. Oh, how lovely they were! I hope we see their closeness more in the future! Yay! If everyone's wondering, I've been busy with works and real life stuffs happening around me. It's quite hard to have connection with internet too until next week.
Anyway, talking about this fic, the controversial couple will be leaving Dukryang soon, so yeah, hope I can give the next update like usual. Lastly, of course, I hope you enjoy this update ^^