The island

Gloomy days
"I though that it was only a game, a childish joke. But when it started geting serious I only wished to leave that place and go home. I wanted to stay with my friends, grow up, have an ordinary life. Who could even think that an innocent trip would have ended like that..."
 
- A few days ago -
 
"Suho, Suho! It's almost your birthday. Are you gonna party this weekend?" said Chen while walking in the hall
 
"I don't know yet, but I think I won't. There's an exam next week and I'd like to prepare it well." said Suho while eating his sandwich. 
 
Chen frowned, Suho laughed. "Are you okay?" 
 
Chen sighed. "No, obviously I'm not. Your friends wanna celebrate your birthday with you. What is wrong with that?"
 
Suho turned to Chen. He saw that his friend was looking at him with puppy eyes. "So smart, Chen." He thought. Chen kept insisting and Suho, finally, gave up. "Okay, okay. I'll think about it. Now, let me eat my breakfast, please." Chen smiled. "Yeah, that's my Suho! We'll have a lot of fun, trust me!"
 
Then, the bell rang. That meant that it was time to take classes again. 
 
When Chen said "we", it didn't mean only him and me, it meant our group. At first, there was Xiumin, a pretty funny guy; then, there were Luhan and Sehun, two inseparable friends; Kris, a responsable and a very self-confident student; Tao, a young student who admired Kris; Kai and D.O. , a couple who shared an special friendship; Baekhyun, a gullible guy; Chanyeol, a cheerful boy who always took care of Baekhyun; Chen, my childhood bestfriend; and finally, Lay...
 
When the lessons finished, Chen came with Xiumin and they both brought Suho to the bus. Suho was curious, he asked many times about where were they going, but Xiumin and Chen kept smiling and looking at the landscape. Finally, the bus stopped at the harbour area stop and the two guys and Suho left the bus.
 
Suho kept looking all around him. "Seriously guys, where are we going?" Chen smiled. 
 
Suddenly, someone with a deep voice started calling us. "Hey guys, I'm here!" It was Chanyeol, he was waving from his sailboat. 
 
"Oh, finally! I though that we were lost. Chen didn't find you." admitted Xiumin
 
"Jongdae, man, you've already come here many times." laughed Chanyeol
 
Then, the rest of the group arrived. All of them greeted Suho. While they were talking, Suho could notice the look of Lay on him. He looked at Lay. Lay looked away.
 
"Well guys, I think it's time to set sail." said Chanyeol
 
The breeze in the sea was pleasant. Luhan and Sehun were sitting on the end of the boat; Kris and Lay were relied on the side bar; Kyungsoo was drawing the landscape; then, the rest of them were playing card games except Chanyeol, who was driving the boat.
 
Suho was restless, he went where Chanyeol was. "Could someone, please, tell me where are we going?" said a bit upset.
 
"Come here." Replied Chanyeol. "We are going there." said pointing at a little island which was some kilometers from them. Suho was impressed. "Wow, such a beautiful island, but who..." Chanyeol interrupted him. "Chen planned it."
 
One hour later, they arrived to the island which had an old little harbour. It really seemed an abandonned island. 
 
"We're going to be here this afternoon and after had dinner at the restaurant, we'll return home." said Chen. 
 
"Great, it's a good plan." replied Suho.
 
Before going to the restaurant, the boys stayed in the beach, playing and swimming. Suddenly, someone shouted. It was Kyungsoo. Kai was floating face-down on the water. Suho was shocked, he only could look at Kyungsoo, who was trying to bring Kai to the sand. Then, Kai and Kyungsoo started laughing, it was a joke. 
 
"Okay guys, I'm going to the restaurant to order our dinner. Later, we'll return home, so don't go far." said Chanyeol
 
When Chanyeol left, Baekhyun went to Chen. "Where's Channie?"
 
"Oh, he has gone to find the restaurant." replied Chen while reading a book "To this way" said while pointing somewhere in the jungle. Then, Baekhyun left discreetly. 
 
An hour later, Chanyeol came surprised. "I can't find the restaurant."
 
"But you had been here before, right?" said Kris
 
"Yeah...but I think I've mistaked, it's not the same island, there's nobody here." admitted Chanyeol
 
"Well...then we should return home before it gets dark." suggested Xiumin
 
"That's fine, let's pick our things." said Suho
 
Everybody pick their towels and their backpacks, but suddenly, Suho noticed that nobody was on the sailboat yet, so he went out.
 
"What's wrong?" said Suho
 
Kai was sitting on the sand, he looked worried. Chanyeol, Luhan and Sehun were calling Baekhyun. The rest was trying to call somebody but their phones were out of range. 
 
The three boys came there. 
 
"We can't find him, he doesn't appear." said Luhan
 
"Well guys, it's not funny anymore. Tell Baekhyun to come here right now or it will get dark." said Suho. He was upset.
 
Kai looked up. "It's not a joke, Suho. Baekhyun has disappeared."