Chapter 1

My World

She was everything. Beautiful. Intelligent. Kind. And to him, she was his everything. His world.
They dated and it was everything he could hope for. The candlelight dinners. Walks on the beach. Picnics under trees. Late night phone calls that turned in to waking up each morning in each other's arms. Morning coffee. Lunch time meetings. Coming home each night to see each other.
She laughed at his jokes. Smiled at his cuteness. And he gave her every piece of him. Everything she could ever want. He loved her with all his heart and showed that to her every chance he got.
So then he gave her a ring and he felt his heart explode when she accepted it. Allowed him to have her and he poured even more affection on her. There was nothing she could ask for that he wouldn't give her. It was the wedding of her dreams and he saw his own dream come true when she walked down the aisle. He smiled and did his best to stop the tears of joy from falling down his face.
His world was complete and it didn't need anything else besides her. Then one day she asked for something and he eagerly gave it to her. Anything she wanted, she got. He didn't realize though, what she gave to him. Not until he held her, wrapped in a pink blanket.
"Jaylie." he whispered as he felt the center of his world shift.


Daehyun stood by the crib and smiled down at his sleeping princess. He always snuck in here when he came home from work, unable to see her much with the long hours he put in. He felt his heart twinge at that thought and saw how big she had gotten the past few months. Time was moving too fast.
He looked around the room and everything in it. The closet filled with shelves that were in turn filled with her clothes. The large toy box that overflowed with toys for her to play with as she grew. His wife complained once about the way he was already spoiling Jaylie. He didn't pay attention to her words though and cutely waved them away. There was no such thing as 'too much' when it came to his baby girl.
He smiled and looked back at her. Her lips moved in her sleep like she was dreaming and Daehyun forced down a chuckle. He didn't want to wake her.
Instead he rested his arms on the side of the crib and laid his head on them. He'll watch her for another five minutes he decided before going to bed. She'd just be waking up and wanting her breakfast bottle when he was walking out the door but he felt like it was worth it. She'll have anything and everything she wants her whole life.
Ten minutes later, he carefully climbed in to his own bed and tried not to wake his wife. Silently, he moved closer to her so he could hear her airy breathing as she slept and smell the scent of her shampoo in her hair.

Closing his eyes, he felt like everything was perfect. His world was complete.