Part 8

Dream House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you gonna stare at him all day or let him begin his report?”

 

Almost everyone looked away from Jaejoong at once; some of them turned their attention to Yunho in shock. This is the first time that the young businessman snapped like that, in basically no reason at all.

 

Mr. Jung, with a playful grin on his face, took his seat on the head of the long conference table. Yunho sat on his right and Shirobara sat next to him. Jaejoong remained standing and give his signal to Yunho’s secretary, Hideki, to start the presentation.

 

“Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen, my name is Kim Jaejoong from the LA office. I am going to present the annual report of the branch.” Jaejoong said confidently.

 

The report comprises not only the progress and standing of the company but also the projects and future plan of the OIC of the said office. All in all, Jaejoong did a great job in the report and it earned him applause from the board members.

 

“Thank you Mr. Kim. You may take a seat first.” Mr. Jung motioned Jaejoong to seat on the vacant chair to his left.

 

 “There is something else that I wanted to discuss to you in this meeting.” Mr. Jung said, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room.

 

“For a while now, my wife and I are planning to have an extended vacation.” Mr. Jung said, smile not leaving his face.

 

“And I know I couldn’t just leave the company unattended. So..I am naming Mr. Kim Jaejoong here as my temporary replacement.” He said. Collective grasps and whispers could be heard from the board.

 

“Do you have any questions?” Mr. Jung asked.


“I have.” One of the board members asked curiously, looking at Jaejoong.

 

“How old are you young man?”

 

“Why does it matter?” Yunho once again snap at the older man.

 

“Yunho.” Mr. Jung said calming his son.

 

“Mr. Kim is a few years younger than Yunho. But I guess number isn’t that important am I right?” Mr. Jung said smiling at Mr. Min.

 

“Of course.” The older man said, then he turned to Jaejoong.

 

“But isn’t it our right as board members to asked? We would want to know if our investments are safe.” One of the board members stated.

 

“I understand. You could rest assure that your money is safe.” Mr. Jung

 

“But, what about Yunho? Or you other children? Are they not capable of handling the empire?” One asked.

 

“You are misunderstanding me. I am only naming Mr. Kim as my replacement in the construction side of the company. The rest of the empire will be managed by my son, Yunho. Jung Builders is one of the biggest company that we are managing and Yunho will need Mr. Kim’s help since it is not his forte. And as I said, it is just temporary.” Mr. Jung stated calmly.

 

“How can you leave a big company under the care of a young boy? Can you even trust him? And why are we not informed about this sooner?”

 

“I believe we are informing you right now.” Yunho said with his voice dangerously calm.

 

Mr. Jung is just smiling and let his son take handle the explanation.

 

“First of all, we are not that irresponsible to just leave a whole company to a care of an incapable hand. Mr. Kim’s track record is impeccable and as I recall, you even applauded his work earlier.” Yunho looked around the table. Daring everyone to object.

 

“Second. The Jungs still holds the greatest share on the company so our decision will prevail. And as my father had said earlier, we assure you that your investments are safe.”

 

He turned his gaze to Jaejoong who is seated directly in front of him.

 

“And we trust this man completely.” He said softly.

 

Jaejoong’s heart fluttered at what Yunho had said. He was shocked at what Mr. Jung said to the board. He has no idea that he was recovered from the LA office to be named OIC of the Jung builders’ main office. He was not even sure if he can really do it. He was loosing his self-confidence but then Yunho said those words. He was fluttered. He immediately composed himself and regains his confidence. After all, he doesn’t want to disappoint Yunho.

 

“Thank you for the vote of confidence Yunho-sshi.” Jaejoong said giving Yunho a smile.

 

“I will do my best so that you will not regret you decision Mr. Jung. I will take care of the company just like I did with the LA branch.” Jaejoong then turned to the board.

 

“Gentlemen, ladies, I may be young but I know I am capable of handling a huge company. I had my experience at the LA branch as I am co-managing it with Mr. Jung’s youngest son, which by the way is much younger than me.”

 

“I believe our record will back us up. We did fairly well since we took over the branch and I believe you all read all the reports submitted here.”

 

“I am aware t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter