Aftermath

I am Kim Jonghyun

I woke up. Not sure where will I be this time. My eyes were open, but I didn't dare to look around. Not yet. 

Slowly I looked to my right, and saw Taemin sleeping beside me. I smiled.

I got up and jumped on him happily, waking him up while he shrieked, "Yahhh! Hyung!! What the hell?!!" I laughed loudly. Suddenly Kibum came in with his sleepy face. "Yah, what are you two doing?" 

I turned to look at him. A big grin spread on my face. I ran towards him and jumped on him, causing him to fall backwards on the floor. He shrieked, cursing me like as if I've murdered someone. I kept laughing at him. "What the hell is wrong with you?" He shouted at me as I sat down beside him. I stopped laughing and looked at him, still smiling.

"You know," I spoke. "I had the most weirdest dream in the world. You won't believe what happened!" Just then Minho stepped beside us. "Yah.." He said, rubbing his eyes and half-yawning. "What's going on here?" Kibum and I looked up at him. "I don't know. This dino has gone crazy." Kibum grumbled while trying to get up. "Maybe this is why dinosaurs got extinct.."

I laughed again and got up, taking Minho's hand. He looked at me surprised, while I shook it. I smiled at him, "I love you buddy." I said. With a disgusted expression, he quickly pulled out his hand. "Eww.."

I laughed again at his reaction. I just couldn't stop laughing. I mean, I'm back. Everybody knew me again. I was the Kim Jonghyun from SHINee that everybody knew again. I got my life back. Everything was back to normal.

Then I remembered Onew hyung. I quickly stepped in his room, being quiet since he was still sleeping. Then, with all my strength, I pushed him down the bed, scaring him with a big growl. The look on his face as he fell down was priceless. I started to burst out laughing at him. "Yahh!!" He shouted at me. I smiled widely when he started scolding me. "What the hell was that for?! The f*** is wrong with you!? Stop smiling like an idiot!"

Ahh.. I missed them. My friends, my brothers.

"Lets go have breakfast." I beamed.

The pan hissed as I poured batter into it, trying to make some pancakes. I decided to prepare breakfast for them, and they were pretty shocked when I told them that. "How long is this going to take?" Key shouted from the dining. "I'm almost done, just a minute." I replied.

As I placed the plate of good sweet-smelling pancakes on the table, everyone started digging in instantly. I sat down, satisfied with my cooking. "So hyung," Minho said to me while munching on his pancake. "Why the sudden good deed?"

I giggled while taking a pancake for myself. "No reason. Just thought that you guys need some appreciation." I answered. Then Kibum squinted his eyes at me. "I'm sure this has something to do with your dream.".

"You know me so well Kibum." I nodded.

I started telling them about my dream, starting with how I woke up in the hospital and tried calling them. I explained everything in detail, and they were quite interested with my story. 

"I've never seen hyung so serious before. He was really scary. And Taemin, you were so good at dancing, so much better than now." I told them all. Occasionally they laughed, sometimes they listened carefully. "Then Minho, you came and drove me to my eomma's house. You were so calm and friendly.." 

We spent our whole morning listening to my story. "I think I got hit by a car, but here I am. Awake, and alive. You have no idea how relieving it feels to be out of that dream." I finished with my hands behind my head.

"Woah, that's a cool dream though. I want a dream like that." Taemin chirruped. I shot him a look and laughed sarcastically. "You wouldn't want that. Trust me." Taemin shrugged before looking at the time. "Guys, let's get ready."

Kibum and Minho quickly went to bathe first in the two bathrooms in our dorm. I had to wait. Back to square one.

I sighed and sat down on the sofa with my phone in my hands. The corner of my head was bugging me to call eomma. Without thinking too much, I quickly dialled her number.

"Yeoboseyo?" Eomma answered the phone.

"Eomma. How are you?" 

"Ohh, Jonghyun-ah! I'm fine here. Why haven't you called for so long?"

 I smiled, relieved. "Sorry eomma. I have been busy with promotions. How is noona and appa?"

"Seodam and your appa are well here. How are you? Are you eating well?" 

"Ne eomma. I'm fine here. I was thinking to see you this weekend."

"Ahh, thats great news! Please come. We're all waiting to see you." 

Minho came out from the bathroom. I had to go in before Taemin and Onew conquered it. 

"Alright eomma. I need to go now. I'll see you this weekend." I said while walking towards the bathroom. "Arasseo. Take care." Eomma replied. She was about to put the phone down but I quickly called, "Eomma!" 

"Ne?"

I my lips and smiled thinly. "Saranghaeyo." 

A short pause on the other line before she responded. "Me too, Jonghyun." I knew she was smiling from the way she spoke. Then I put down the phone happily, entering the bathroom with my towel. I began humming. Then I stopped and frowned. Where have I heard that song? Then I remembered. I realized that I was humming the song in my dream. The one that I watched SHINee perform in Music Bank without me. 

I smirked. That song isn't so bad.

I undressed myself and stepped under the running water of the shower. My mind was still thinking about my dream. It felt so real.

My hands covered my face as I rinsed it with the warm water. Suddenly, a sharp pain stung me as the water spread through my hands. I quickly pulled it out of the water, hissing in the pain. I looked at my hand, examining it curiously. 

Then my eyes spotted something familiar. I gasped. It wasn't possible. Right?

A red scar.