Chapter 3

Butterfly Paradise

 

“You boys will be living in the dorms here during your stay in Korea. I’ll assign you your room keys. Take your time to settle in and I’ll meet you back here in an hour’s time. My dorm number is 407. Afterwards, I will bring you to buy your school uniform, and collect your schedules and all that.”

 

I collected my room keys and went to the room Luhan and I was assigned to. Only the 6 of us were chosen for this transfer program, so it didn’t take very long. It’s Seoul University of the Arts, so only the best of the best were chosen (hint hint me).

 

“Dude, I can’t open the door,” Luhan said, as he tried to insert the key into the hole. I checked, we’re standing in front of room 510, which is our assigned room. I grabbed the key away from Luhan, and gave him a face.

 

“Are you stupid or stupid, you were holding the key the wrong way idiot,” I snickered, as I inserted the key into the keyhole and unlocked the door.

The room is really spacious, if I must say, and the interior of the room was made of light brown wood. On the left of the room is a toilet, and on the right is a small kitchen. 

There is a sofa in the middle of the room, sort of like a “living room” except there was no tv. There’s a wooden sliding door like those window binds so people could see through, separating the living room and the two beds.  There are two beds on each side of the wall, and in the middle is a big window with a place to sit on. Beneath the bed, there is a compartment, which can be pulled out to store our things. There are two wardrobes between the big window and our beds to put our clothes. The view outside the window was a big empty field. Overall, it is quite impressive, considering this is just a dorm.

 

“Woah, this is actually really nice,” Luhan commented, as he put his bag down on the bed at the left side, automatically claiming that it belongs to him.

 

 “This is definitely an arts school.” He continued.

 

I pulled my luggage towards the other bed and started unpacking.


 

 

I took my schedule from Mr Lim as he handed it out. I major in dance and music.

“Get your school uniforms here, then afterwards you can do whatever you want. Explore this school, go back to your dorms and sleep, whatever, just make sure to report to your respective classes on time tomorrow morning,” he instructed, but Luhan and I were already on our way to explore the school.

 

After much exploring the school ( I swear they have lots and lots of studios and dance practice rooms) we went to the cafeteria (since we were hungry), which as usual, is much better than expected. It’s air-conditioned, and there were even small cafes inside the cafeteria. There’s also a small shop for those lactose intolerant students.

 

I bought a ham sandwich and a bottle of fruit punch vitamin water, together with Luhan who just bought a tuna sandwich. We went back to our dorms to eat since we didn’t feel like eating at the cafeteria just yet.

 

“So, how’s it so far?” Luhan asked me, his mouth full with tuna and bread. I made a face, and he swallowed, staring at me anticipating. My answer.

 

“It’s good so far, really good,” I answered as I nodded my head.

 

“Yeah, yeah, of course it’s good. I’m just wondering how the students in the school are like,” he commented.  As Luhan and I were exploring the school, the students we came across were pretty normal, nothing special, just like an ordinary school.

 

“Tch, you’re just excited to see all the girls,”

 

“Shut up,” Luhan answered, as he threw his wrapped up unfinished tuna sandwich at my face. He knew I was correct.