Chapter 1

Butterfly Paradise

hehehhehehh hello

 


 

 

Butterfly Paradise

Butterflies

What are they? 

Butterflies. They're not just some 6-legged winged insect which just fly around aimlessly.

They're butterflies. They have wings, beautiful wings. They may be beautiful as a butterfly, but they were once caterpillars, lazy caterpillars that just ate and ate and ate then sleep for weeks. Then, they emerge as the beautiful butterflies they were meant to be. 

To some people, butterflies are ugly, because they find the wings scary. But no, every pair of wings on each and every butterfly is different in its own wya, beautiful in its own way. 

I've always love butterflies, because they're just so colourful, so graceful, and so full of life.

Ever wonder what goes on in the chrysalis ("cocoon") of the caterpillar? 

Metamorphosis happens. 

Caterpillars are not ugly, they're far from ugly. There's no such thing as "ugly" in this world, because everything is an art. Art cannot be ugly, nor can it be beautiful. Art is unique. 

Butterflies and humans are so alike yet so different, don't you think so? 


 

 

I leaned back and scrutinized my work. There were some marks here and there, but it can be erased. It can be corrected. I was just about finished with my final details of my drawing, before Mr. Han, my art teacher, told us to hand in our drawings. 

I major in art and music. Art was something I enjoy, something I love to do. I'm not a natural born artist, I just practice. A lot. Why, you may ask, that I major in art then? Well, I believe that there's no such thing as natural...talent. Okay, there are some natural talents in the world, but that's just a few out of billions and billions of people. I believe that it's all hard work. Like what my parents always tell me, success is 99% hard work, and 1% talent. 

I stood up and handed in my canvas to Mr. Han.

"Good work today as usual, Haneul" He complimented me with a smile on his face, after scrutinizing my work.

I bowed, and then left the classroom. 

I opened my locked to put my art textbooks inside. I never know why we need to bring our textbooks to art class, since we usually paint or draw most of the time, but I don't mind, because Mr. Han knows what he's doing. Mr. Han is one of my favourite teachers, he encourages students, he teaches well, and he gives us treats, too. 

"Hey, Haneul." Baekhyun greeted as he jogged towards me. Baekhyun was a really good friend of mine, along with a few others. 

"Music class is cancelled today, Mrs. Lee is not in school," he informed me, as he put his arm around my shoulders and half-dragged me to the cafeteria to have our break. Baekhyun was the first friend I made in this school, so we both have a special connection that I don't have with the rest, and we're both majoring in music, too. He's not taking art though he's taking literature. I was quite surprised at first since he doesn't look like the literature type, but hey, don't judge a book by its cover.

"Hey, guys," I said, as I took a seat next to Baekhyun at our usual table. These were the “few others” I was referring to. These boys, Joonmyun, Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Jongin and Sehun have been with me through my school years. I was the same age as Jongin and Sehun and of course, I will never forget Su Min, my best girl friend. 

"Hey babe," Jongin said as he wrapped his arms around my shoulder. I was sitting in between Baekhyun and Jongin. 

"Nope, ew, gross," i replied, as i took his arm off my shoulder.

"That's my girl" Baekhyun said, as he himself put his arm around my shoulder. 

"Not you, too" I groaned, as I tried to pry his arm off my shoulder, but it was too heavy since he was purposely applying too much pressure, which resulted in him giving me a headlock.

"Hey, hey, give the poor girl a break," Su Min said as she laughed. 

"Nope," Baekhyun said, as he leaned his head on my shoulder. He would always have that over-protective aura around him when he's with me, even though the other boys are his friends, too. 

I sighed, and gave up. Kyungsoo has helped me buy my food, since he knew that I would come late. I shot him a grateful smile and started eating.

"Hey, where's mine?" Baekhyun whined.

" it up, you're a man, is Haneul a man? No. So go get your own food." Kyungsoo casually replied.

"Why are you so ist?" Baekhyun cried. "Of course Haneul isn't a man, she doesn't have the balls!"

Joonmyun smacked Baekhyun at the back of his head with a loud thud.

"...you . You all ."


 

I hoped you guys have enjoyed this chapter, even though it's kind of short!