Noises

I Hear Your Voice

Noises.

Noises here and there. Everywhere.

Make it stop. Make it stop. Make it stop. Please.

It’s painful. It’s hurting. It’s throbbing

Noises.

The ringing. The buzzing. The distortion.

It’s echoing. It’s amplifying. It’s mumbling.

Inside my head. Hitting, beating against the eardrums.

Make it stop. Please.

The noises. Please stop. Please.

I’m begging you. Stop…

………………

-At the kitchen-

“Good luck, Kai. I’m giving you a chance here. Don’t blow it.” Sehun knew that Kai was in love with Suzy for a long time. Although Kai didn’t show it, but… well, you know Sehun.

Back to reality, Sehun was preparing the drinks and snacks for his guests when Snowie was interrupting his chore. “Hey baby. Can’t play with you now. Busy waiting for the guests. Later I’ll play with you, okay?” Sehun continued his work, slightly ignoring the little tigress.

Although she had been told off, Snowie still acted kind of strange, as if seeking attention from him or something. Sehun tried to pay no attention to her and carry on with what he was doing, but the subtle purring of Snowie made him feel irresponsible towards her. So, he paused his work for awhile and petted her. Too bad he couldn’t read animals’ mind as well, if not it would be such a convenient for him, he thought.

An idea suddenly popped inside his head. “Maybe you’re hungry, I presume.” So, he walked to the cupboard under the sink and pulled out Snowie’s pet food. Sehun loves Snowie the most, next to his parents. The pet food is just for snacks and normal food for her are like Grade A beef and such. Sehun doesn’t treat Snowie like other normal pets. He loves her too much.

After he poured a portion of the pet food into Snowie’s special bowl, he handed it to her. The odd thing was—well to her it didn’t—she was not hungry. She didn’t even want to sniff the food, which Sehun found this very peculiar. Snowie never rejects food. She even asked for more, sometimes. But today, she was acting rather strangely.

“Why aren’t you eating, baby? Are you sick?” Snowie belligerently shook her head. Chagrin. That was what Sehun was feeling at that particular time. “Why are you rejecting the food that I gave you, Snowie? Why?!” Sehun was dramatically disappointed. Snowie was still rubbing her fur towards him. And her constant purring couldn’t keep him from being mad at her. His heart skipped a bit at that cute sight. For your information, Sehun has a thing for cute things.

“Aww, I can’t stay mad at you baby.” Sehun playfully scratched under her chin and kissed her nose. Snowie his face as a reward, so to say.

“Wait. I forgot about Kai and Suzy!” Sehun resumed his work. When he wanted to take the mugs from the top shelf, something happened. Something horrific. There was a loud ringing inside his head, some sort of distortion. It was so loud until his legs were almost giving up on him.

“Ah! Snowie, make it stop! AH!” Snowie was having an I-don’t-know-what-to-do moment and was hiding her face under her cute paws. The ringing kept on going until he could not endure it anymore. He helplessly let go of the mugs in his grasp and it went crashing on to the ceramic tiles.

He grabbed his hair, clasping it, tearing it apart. It was so torturing. It was so tormenting. Then, he heard all of the voices, like everyone was talking aloud all at once! It was so painful. It was so disquieting. “Make it stop! Please make it stop!” All of a sudden, he felt some presence near him. He couldn’t hear what they were talking about. It was all blurred and hazy. He could not comprehend the situation around him anymore at that time.

The loud ringing slowly fading away, but there was a faint voice, feeling as if it was talking to him. Sehun wanted to speak to it, but his mouth disobeyed his order. It’s getting clearer and clearer. He tried to grasp what the voice wanted to tell him. At last, he could only hear three sentences: “Oh Sehun. I’m sorry. I love you.” Before he knew it, he already fainted.

---

Days had passed. Sehun was still on the hospital bed after the incident. That unfaithful incident. Tubes were attached to his frail, pale body. Supplement was drained into his body, trying to let him live. He was all bony and veins were visible on his hands and his feet. That sight of him could make any girl fell on her feet and cry. It was pitiful.

Every hour, nurses came in and out, checking his condition—whether there was any improvement or the opposite. Though there was nothing. Nothing.

Every day, after school, Kai and Suzy sacrificed their time taking turns in taking care of Sehun. Pure sadness could be seen in their eyes every time they witnessed their friend on the hospital bed, weak and helpless. Stiff and stagnant.

When the doctor said that there was nothing wrong with him, their eyes enlightened, hoping he would wake up soon. But the opposite happened. He was still unconscious, laying tautly on the bed. It was as if his body was soulless. Nothing inside.

They took turns taking care of both Sehun and Snowie. No other family members were alive to their knowing. Even Snowie had been in no mood in scaring Suzy. They even become friends. Suzy and Kai were always there, comforting Snowie. If Snowie wasn’t a dangerous animal—in the public’s eyes—they would be able to bring her to accompany Sehun at the hospital at all time.

Kai would always tell the stories that happened in the college, especially in their class. He would tell how Minseok would always eat in class—like always—how Jongdae would prank everyone during class, including the teachers. He was hoping that by telling all the good memories, he would wake up any soon.

One more thing that he eagerly wanted to say to him was that the transfer student from China hadn’t transferred yet. He was relieved that their popularity was still at stake. Hooray for them.

Every time. Every time they visit him, they always wanted to see him, sitting there on the bed with his wide smile. The smile that he used to paint on his face. That smile. But now, his face is cold. Calm, but cold.

Suzy is used to the cold face of his. But not that type of cold expression. The cold expression that he used to give to her was full of emotion—sort of. It was like the ‘cold’ expression wasn’t as cold as an ice cold ice cream. You get what I mean?

Both of them was hoping—day and night—that he would wake up soon. They missed his sarcasm. His cold behavior. His voice. They missed all of it. “Please, Sehun-ah. Wake up. We miss you.”

---

It was Kai’s turn to visit Sehun today. Suzy had a meeting with the student council that afternoon, so she couldn’t come to visit him—though she really wanted to. Sehun was unconscious for a week now and the transfer students—they are four of them now—were supposed to come today.

Kai came in, bringing a bouquet of fresh flowers for Sehun. Kai was greeted by the nurses there—because of his look and such—and some of them were like fangirling over him. Some even asked for his number but he rejected of course—because Suzy was there when they asked for it. He didn’t want her to think badly of him. Well, too late for that, Kai.

There was one nurse who was still mending Sehun for awhile and when she sensed Kai’s presence, she immediately turned tomato red. She excused for awhile and almost tripped when she was walking out of the room. Kai was laughing slightly at the sight of it. But his face changed again to serious mode when he saw Sehun was still immobile on the bed.

He glanced at the side table and saw the flowers inside the vase were already wilting and withering away. He removed the flowers inside, washed and changed the water and put the fresh flowers inside of it. The arrangement was so colourful and bright, just the way Sehun like it.

“Sehun-ah, when are you gonna wake up? Snowie and Suzy miss you. I miss you. Come on, bro. Wake up.” There was still no movement. Still and stagnant.

“Sehun-ah, you know what, I heard that the transfer students are coming today. Yes, students. There were like four of them. Wait—let me try to recall their names again. One is Wu Yifan, then there is Yixing, then Huang Zitao. And the last one, I… I forgot. Wait. It’s on the tip of my tongue. It’s… OH YEAH! It’s Xiao Luhan.”

Suddenly, Kai saw Sehun’s fingers were moving. The beeping of the machine became faster and faster. Kai’s eyes were bright, full of hope. He clasped on Sehun’s hand gently. “Sehun? Sehun! Are you awake? Please be awake! Nurse! Doctor! Anybody!” Kai rushed to the hallway and searched for any doctors and nurses that are available. “I’m glad, Sehun-ah.” He whispered to himself.

---

Suzy came instantly when she received a call from Kai that Sehun was regaining consciousness. When she arrived there, the room was full with nurses to her surprise. They were all wanted to see the sleeping handsome prince awoke from his deep slumber. Oh, and also the narcissistic prince Kai also.

Suzy had to squeeze between the crowds just to get to Sehun’s bed. When she arrived at the bed, she could see the smiling Sehun, sitting calmly on his bed. “Hi, Suzy. How are you?” He gave her a slight smile as he was still sobering up from the long sleep.

Suzy’s heart was beating fast because of the excitement and she hugged Sehun suddenly. Sehun was startled by the sudden hug, but a smile was carved again at the side of his mouth and he patted her head. Suzy was crying in relief to see that Sehun was okay.

“I was so worried about you, silly! What happened?” Suzy sobbed.

“I would like to know as well.” Kai interrupted.

Sehun smiled at the both of them. “I don’t know. I remembered that I was at my kitchen, then nothing. Then here I am, sitting on this hospital bed.” He added.

“I think that is all for tonight. I bet Mr. Oh Sehun is still tired and he needs some rest. Anymore question, you can ask him tomorrow. At his house.” The doctor interrupted suddenly.

“Wait. Does it means that he can go home tomorrow?” ‘Please let him go home.’ asked Kai, eyes full of curiousity and excitement.

“Yes. He is alright now. Everything seems okay. So why not?” ‘I hope so.’ The doctor added, a with a wide smile on his face for reassurance.

“Did you hear that, Sehun? You’re going home tomorrow! Yeah!” ‘Now I can be with my hubby again!’ hugged Suzy, her face full with satisfaction.

“Yeah…” said Sehun in monotone.

“See you tomorrow, Sehun-ah. Have a good rest.” added Suzy.

“Yeah. I will pick you up tomorrow, along with your change of clothes. Wait for me, my love~” said Kai playfully. Sehun smiled widely in return.

The room was quiet once more. Quietness. He starting feel uneasy.

“Why can’t I hear their thoughts—the nurses’ thoughts—all at once just now? I can only hear them when I focus on a particular person only. What has happened to me?”

---

yeay! finished Chapter 3!

actually, I finished this awhile ago but the line .

anyways, here it is! hope you guys enjoy it! thanks for subscribing!

any constructive comments are welcomed ^_^

please wait patiently for the next update.

the update maybe will be going slower because of assignment weeks.

huhuu~ just hope that I can update faster >_< *crosses fingers*