Silence

I Hear Your Voice

Silence.

Serenaded silence.

It’s too suffocating. It’s too discomforting. It’s too corroding.

Silence.

It’s awkward. It’s weird. It’s perplexing.

Before, voices everywhere. Here and there.

But now, it’s all gone.

Did I kill it all? Did I slay it all? Did I dispose of it all?

It’s all gone.

Gone.

Poof into nothing.

Gone for good…

………………

The bell marked the end of today’s class. Well, for Sehun and Kai, of course. Both of them had chosen the same courses and always like to be together since young. Even some people mistook both of them as couple. Lovers. Both of them just shrugged it off and laughed.

Even worse for Sehun as he heard everything about the both of them. He and Suzy as well. All the naughty thoughts. All the nasty talks. At first, he was unable to take it all. But as time passes, he would just ignore every bit and piece and walk away.

When Kai and Sehun were almost at the front door of their class, Sehun stopped his pace. Kai was perplexed of his action but kept on walking. “Why are you stop—“ Kai’s words was stopped by a pair of arms, strapping around his neck. “What the—SUZY! You scared me!”

“OMG Sorry, Kai! I wanted to hug Sehun but…” Suzy stared at the ground, embarrassed.

Kai gazed at Sehun, who had a slight curve at the side of his left lips. ‘Oh Sehun… How could you?’ Sehun actually knew that Suzy was going to ambush him. Mind readers. “It’s okay. Lemme hit Sehun for you.” Kai smacked the side of Sehun’s head and the smacking sound could be heard miles from here. Sehun rubbed the part where Kai hit and punched Kai’s arm equally hard with a death shot glare.

Suzy chuckled at the sight of the two best friends. But inside she knew how close those two were. Even she herself couldn’t be as close as Kai to Sehun. The two of them is inseparable.

“How was class just now?” asked Suzy, trying to break the ice.

“Boring as always,” Both of them said in unison. Despite having good looks and luscious body, Sehun and Kai were also geniuses in the college. Both of them competed with each to who will get 1st place. But the genius Kai couldn’t beat the more genius Sehun, as to why Kai would always get 2nd place and Sehun 1st.

“Of course. Geniuses tend to say classes are boring.” She growled at the both of them. “So, where are you guys heading next? Home I presume?” Both of the guys shook their heads.

“We’re going to our hideout first. Hang out there for awhile before heading straight home.” Kai said in advance. They could go to an arcade or the movies but Sehun’s condition was truly bothersome. And Kai, of course, knew of it.

“No,” answered Sehun just before Suzy could open and plead.

“No what?” asked both Suzy and Kai in unison. Sehun started to walk to the front entrance and the two followed suit.

“I know that you would ask for you to come along with us.” Suzy gawked at Sehun, perplexed and surprised.

“How do you know that I would ask that?!” yelled Suzy. Everyone was diverting their gaze to Suzy. Suzy bowed her head to apologize to everyone before running towards Sehun again.

“Wow, you don’t know? I could read minds.” Sehun said it sarcastically, avoiding suspicions. Kai almost fell for that but heaved a sigh of relief.

“Tch! Yeah right! But too bad for you, I’m still insisting on coming with you! And that’s final!” exclaimed Suzy with a stomp of her right foot.

Both Kai and Sehun knew that when Suzy had finalized everything and ended it with a foot-stomping, nothing could stop her decision. “Fine. But don’t you ever regret it,” said Kai, with Sehun’s forced approval.

Suzy’s serious face immediately turned into a big smiley face. Sehun just shrugged it off and continued their way.

---

“I thought you guys were going to your hideout or something.” asked Suzy with a puzzled face.

“We were, and here we are.” announced Kai with pride. It’s Sehun’s house.

‘OMG! I’m at my hubby’s house! asdfghjkl! I couldn’t control my feels!’ Sehun heard every thought Suzy had and shrugged the ones that he found annoying and disquieting. Sehun also knew that Suzy had a big crush on him since they first met. And her first thought of him wasn’t that pleasing. All about kisses and hugs and touches. He always shivers at ‘that’ thought.

“You can come in but don’t do anything nasty, got that?!” Suzy just nodded but Sehun knew what’s going on in her mind. So, he asked Kai’s help to keep an eye—both eyes actually—so that she wouldn’t do anything stupid or weird.

Sehun reached in his left pocket to find his keys and found it within seconds. He pulled out the keys and straight away recognised the front door key. He unlocked the door and pushed it inwards. “Snowie!” Sehun suddenly hollered. Then, suddenly they heard numerous—sort of—footsteps running towards Sehun. Suzy was already feeling a bit scared, which made her almost hugging Kai. Kai was a bit shocked at the sudden closeness between them, heart beating fast. Out of a sudden, a huge white tiger jumped onto Sehun, making him fell on the ground. The tiger playfully Sehun’s face and the already frightened Suzy gawked at the situation.

“Wha—what the heck is that ‘thing’?!” yelled Suzy. But now already hiding and hugging Kai’s body. Kai’s face was getting a bit red and he started to sweat. Kai was actually the one who likes Suzy, but she didn’t know about it. Stupid Kai. Stupid Suzy. That’s why Sehun was not interested in Suzy as he would rather give her to Kai, his best friend.

Sehun’s face tightened and he stood right away, fixing his posture. “Don’t ever call Snowie a ‘thing’. If not, I will let her eat you. Got that?!” Sehun was furious. Who wouldn’t? Your loyal companion was being called a ‘thing’. Snowie was—or is—Sehun’s pet and loyal companion since he was in elementary school. He was so tired of living alone; even he fired so many maids and butlers because they weren’t good enough. His parents left him with so many cash, so he thought of buying an endangered animal to take care of. Then he met Snowie. Both of them fell for each other at first sight and Sehun bought her without doubts. Now, Snowie is like a companion, friend and guardian for Sehun. Nothing could separate both of them, well, except for school.

“Oh, okay. Sorry, Sehun-ah. Sorry, Snowie.” Snowie glared at Suzy and growled. She huffed and walked inside the house. “I think I offended her.” said Suzy naively.

“You think?” growled Sehun before stepping inside his house.

“Sehun is so mean! Right, Kai?” Suzy looked up to see a red-face, stiff Kai. “What’s wrong with y—oh. Sorry!” apologized Suzy when she realised that she was still hugging Kai and let go.

“N—no—no worries. N—now let’s g—get inside.” Kai hurriedly walked inside the house, leaving the perplexed Aphrodite outside.

“Weird.” said Suzy before entering the house, carefully.

---

“Such a big house you have Sehun. I know it was big from outside but I didn’t know it was spacey inside as well.” Suzy was amazed by the largeness of his house. Her house wasn’t half as big as his. “Your… cute tiger also.” Snowie growled at her direction. “Okay.”

“Thanks. Have a seat at the TV room. Kai, can you please bring her there. I’ll prepare some drinks and snacks.” Sehun parted ways and went to the kitchen. Kai caught Sehun’s smirk and wink before he faced the other direction. ‘Why you, Sehun. I’ll kill you when she leaves!’

“H—here. Follow m—me.” Kai was very nervous. Very. Why? The girl that he likes is alone with him! Who wouldn’t?!

Suzy was confused as to why Kai was being weird since arriving at Sehun’s house. “Why the heck are you stammering, Kai? I thought you are good with your words.” Such a naïve little girl.

“No—nothing. I’m just getting a little cold, that’s all.” He lied, obviously.

“Cold? I think Sehun’s house is the comfiest house I ever been to! Even my house isn’t as comfy as this!” exaggerated Suzy. Clearly she just wanted to attract Sehun’s attention, which she failed every time. Poor girl.

They sat down at the comfortable sofa and Kai switched on the TV. He tuned in to KBS channel and Music Bank was airing. “OMG! It’s Girls Generation! Woo~ Yoona!” Kai is quite a fan of SNSD, especially Yoona. When the song I Got A Boy was starting, suddenly they heard a crashing sound in the kitchen area. Suzy and Kai quickly look at each other before hurriedly running towards the kitchen.

Once arrived at the kitchen, they saw Sehun was in pain, grabbing and pulling his hair. “Make it stop! Please make it stop!” cried Sehun. Tears almost fell. Kai asked Suzy to call the ambulance while he himself trying to calm Sehun down.

“Sehun! Are you okay? Hang in there, buddy!” Both Kai and Suzy were worried of him.

The ambulance came in the nick of time and the paramedics took Sehun away in the stroller, both Kai and Suzy followed suit. They went inside the ambulance and it zoomed away to the hospital.

---

At the hospital, Sehun was rushed to the emergency room. Kai’s on his right side, Suzy’s on the left.

“You’re gonna be okay, Sehun.” “I know you are strong, Sehun-ah. Please get well soon.” Kai and Suzy were asked to wait outside while the doctor examined Sehun’s condition. “I hope you’re okay, Sehun.” said both of them in unison.

-Inside Sehun’s mind-

Oh Sehun. I’m sorry. I love you.

---

FINALLY! CHAPTER TWO IS DONE! ohyeahhhhhhhhhh!

sorry for the cliff hanger though.

I thought of giving you guys some suspense to spice up the mood :P

thanks for subscribing and reading! hope you guys like it! ENJOY!