Favor

The guy from apartment 512
I hear a knock on the door, it doesnt sound like the one im used too. This one sounds like it in a hurry, nothing like Kris. I put my violin down and i answer the door. The boy looks up, surprise. We look at each other for a moment before he sighs. "im sorry for bothering you, im pretty sure you are busy" i nod. "ah" the boy chuckles before he continues.
 
"see my boss just told me i have to leave for two weeks, and i dont have anyone to take care of my dog and water my plans or take my mail" the boy sees i was getting tired of the long explanation. He his lips, "can you please help me? i would pay you of course!"
 
How can he asks someone that? i have never seen this boy, i dont even know in what apartment he lives. But he must be really in need of someone, since he asks me. He problably doesnt know me either, if he did he would've known i dont talk to anyone in the building. "i sometimes hear your classical music, i can give you great seats to see the orchestra"
 
"you hear my music playing?" 
 
"yeah, it actually helps me in those long nights"
 
Im pretty sure i dont put my music loud enough, i live a pretty quiet life. "i would love to help you, but i dont know where you live" the boy chuckles, at my ignorance "im your neighbor, im 513" "oh"
 
"im Kim Jongin" he stretches his hand, i look at it before i shake it.
 
"im Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you" he nods. "fine, i'll take care of it" Jongin jumps up and down, "thank you, you just save my life!" i nod incredibly nervous "okay so i just feed my dog, i got my mail and the plants are okay. so you can start tomorrow" I nod. "oh another thing, the mail can you please leave it inside my room and make sure you close the door, i dont want my dog to enter my room" I nod again.
 
"okay, thats all" He smiles, "thank you again" "no problem" 
 
"oh here's my number in case something happens" I grab the note, but im sure i wouldnt call him. Even if something does happen, i wouldnt call him. I fix it before he ever finds out. "well see you in two weeks!" He waves good bye, and leaves.
 
I close the door, and i go back to my seat. I grab my violin and i start to play the symphony i been working on, for this couple of days. 
 
 
 
 
 
It was rainning when i wait for Kris in the same coffee shop. I take a sip of the warm coffee, and it feels nice going down my throat. In that moment Kris runs to my table. His clothes are somewhat wet, he touches his hair messing it up, but in away also giving it a style. "sorry, the meeting end it late" Kris raises his hand to call the waiter.
 
I didnt order anything for him, since i didnt know how long he was going to take. Sometimes he takes 10 minutes, sometimes 1 to 3 hours. "so what did you want to talk about?" the waiter knows both of us, so she knows what to bring Kris to drink. An Expresso. "i almost got the symphony done" Kris makes an 'mmm' sound, i dont know if it because he almost burn his tongue, or because he was happy for me.
 
"im also taking care of someone's apartment"
 
"you?" Kris raises his eyebrow. He knows im capable, but he also knows i dont like meeting new people. Knowing Kris is like knowing half of the world, since he travels alot. He always has a stories to tell me. His adventures are my adventures, and thats good enough for me. "yes, he knock on my door yesterday and ask me for a favor"
 
Kris touches his left cheek, talking about the scar that i half across my cheek. "he saw it....i told you i dont mind anymore" Kris nods, not believing my tone. But ignores my eyes, and just drinks his expresso. "so what do you have to do?"
 
"just feed his dog, take care of the plants and mail"
 
"it sounds easy, how is he going to repay you?"
 
"concert tickets" Kris makes raspberry sound, at my answer. "what? concert tickets? really?"
 
"to an orchestra!" he rolls his eyes, "the way i see it is, one you have nothing to do and two, you want it to help him" "why would i help someone that i dont know?" "then its reason number one" Before i could say something the alarm from my watch goes on. I turn it off "i have to go, is time to feed the dog" Kris laughs "have fun"
 
I put money on the table to pay for my coffee, and i leave.
 
When i get to the apartments, i open Jongin's box and i grab his mail. I close it and i enter the elevator. I didnt notice that the elevator music works again, although now i wonder why i missed it. The doors open, and i walk in a empty hall. Silence was my lullaby, i dont understand why people hate it. As i walk one of the doors,opens.
 
A girl who barely moved in, gets out from her apartment. She stops when she sees me, i bow politely but it seems she was stuck on my scar. I make a thin smile on my face as i pass by her. That happens to me, everyones in awhile. They do not see the person, they see the scar. It used to be worst, when at first go it. It would always bleed for no reason.
 
Now its slowly healing.
 
I open Jongin's door, and his house is clean. If this was an anime the whole apartment would be sparkling. I close the door, and the dog hears the door and runs to me. The dog is pretty cute, "hey whats your name?" I grab the name tag and i see the name "oh hi Monggu" i walk to the kitchen, and i find the dog's food. The sound of food falling in the plate makes Monggu excited.
 
"you were hungry weren't you!" i make the sound of my voice playful. I put the dog food away, and i stare at Monggu for a few minutes, before i walk around the apartment looking for Jongin's room. The apartment was abit bigger than mine, it seem like people visit him sometimes. Since he has three extra rooms. When i open the far end door, its when i realize this was his room.
 
I put the mail in top of the dresser. I close the door, and i was about to go back to Monggu, but on the same highway i see a shelf full of books. I move my hand touching all the books, he really didnt seem like a person that would read this many books. I stop when i see a book with an interesting title, but when i was about to grab it, a book falls down.
 
It didnt have a tittle. It was only brown, and it look old. When i pick the book up, i open it to see what it was about. Just reading the first sentence i realize this was Jongin's journal.
 
entry #35
 
Its late again, this time i cant feel my legs. My boss keeps telling me to work hard and in no time i be in a higher position. But all i could think of was if i could even make it alive. Since i have to finish the projects two weeks earlier than the day line. I cant sleep again, how long as it been since i touch my bed?'
 
 
 
I close the book, i feel so bad inside. This was his personal thoughts, i couldnt just read them. I put the book where it was, i was about to walk away when i see Monggu with judging eyes. "what? it was an accident" i pass by Monggu, and i walk in silence until i get to the main door. I make sure i lock it good, before i walk to my apartment.
 
My apartment has a different feeling from Jongin's apartment. My was dark, empty, cold. I was amaze of how i notice now, it never cross my mind that i was living like this. I enter my room, and my hands reach for the violin. I start to play, and the sad song was making me feel better. Because for a moment everything thats around me
 
Its was lonely.
 
 
 
 
 
"you did what?" Kris stops himself from drinking his water, "it was an accident i didnt mean to read it" Kris leans closer to me, and just stares. Trying to figure out the thing that i cant. "so you just open it and read it"
 
"well i thought it was a book"
 
"mmm" Kris drinks his water then his dry lips. "okay, sure" he says it like if he was trying to play good cop, bad cop. "can we talk about something else?" I drink my lemonade as i look away not wanting to meet Kris's eyes. "are you going to do anything this friday?" i shake my head "no, what do you have in mind?"
 
"i dont know, see a movie?"
 
"sure, call me" Kris looks at his watch, "oh i have to go, you know a meeting" He stands up as he puts his jacket again. I feel like i was the wife, and Kris was lying to me. I know he was a doctor, and there was alot of sick people. But there was no time for me anymore. I nod anyway as i wave goodbye. I stay in the restaurant looking at the window.
 
The windows are tinted, so people cant see inside only we can see them. I could see the world as something that i wasnt. There was no scar in my face, no dark circles or red eyes. They couldnt see me, but i could see them. It was my turn to judge if i want it to, it was my turn to pretend i was something else that i wasnt. And as much as i want to look at that mirror, i could only see my reflection.
 
The scar thats one with me, the dark circles that have become more, and more dark as the days go. Red eyes that come from crying as i fall asleep. Thats all i see, i see, me.
 
 
I get out of the elevator, and i walk in the same hallway i been walking for the pass two years. I stop infront not my door, but Jongin's. I just need it to check on the dog. When i open the door, the dog comes running towards the sound of the door. I wonder if his counting the days for Jongin to come. I pet the dog, and he likes it.
 
"you must me lonely" the dog looks at me like if it was asking me the same thing. "you wouldnt tell right?" the dog barks and i take that as i no. I walk to the shelft of books. My fingers trace the same books it did, when i first enter the room. I stop where the journal was, i stand there for a moment until the feeling of doing something bad comes to me again.
 
I sighs, as i grab the journal. I skip pages until something catches my eye.
 
entry #45
 
His playing the violin again, sometimes i wonder how his fingers look since he never really stops playing. I cant sleep again, and all i could think of was my neighbor. I try to ask people about him, but i never get the courage. I dont want people to think im a stalker or something. 
 
He finally stop playing, which means his going to put his music. I think i can sleep now, since his music calms me down. One of this days i should thank him. Even if he thinks im weird, i should just say thank you.
 
maybe one of this days. 
maybe be can be friends.
 
 
 
I close the book, he was talking about me.