Chapter 1

Mist-shrouded

Chapter 1

 


 

The Great Blue Capital was stunning. I stared at its magnificent gothic-like buildings, which broke the blue sky with force. Their black and golden colors made everyone recognize those palaces as the most important ones of the entire planet. The truth was, I didn't really care about the striking black and golden, but about the Capital itself. The buildings told me that I couldn't play with the Government; people murmured about secret tales of people being tortured and murdered in there.

I was actually scared. I had suffered several times in the past, just because I didn't belong – and I never will – here. Now the same Government, that caused my suffering, had called me, in order to work for them. I felt like it was just a stupid excuse to slowly and painfully kill me, because I didn't have enough skills to work in those buildings. I knew there was something they didn't want to tell me, and that actually scared me a lot. I was going to be completely alone, since I had to leave my friends back in town, but at least they told me I was going to have a tutor or something like that.

Whoever this person is, I was going to live with him for some time. Unfortunately, I wasn't the most friendly person and I barely talked to people, so I was sure that it wouldn't be easy for me to make new friends.

As the train slowed down, I realized I was inside the Great Blue Capital; I wasn’t exactly thrilled, but it was going to be my new home. As if... My real home was in a completely different planet. Even though I loathed the fact I was practically a slave of the Government, I somehow was curious to meet these so-called ‘important people’.

I had spent my whole life crying for freedom and love, I still had nothing, but maybe working with a population that was so self-centered would help me in life.

The train stopped and I quickly stepped on the platform. A tall man in suit greeted me with a nod, and told me to follow him; he turned around and I trotted behind him. As I looked at the shiny new train station, I noticed that it was definitely for filthy rich people with a job guaranteed for life. I slightly snorted and the tall man stopped, staring at me with expressionless eyes.

“Your ride is here.” He announced. I glanced up and I realized that we were already in front of a flying machine; I widened my eyes and the grip on my only small bag tightened. I had never been inside one of those small vehicle, and I was kind of excited. Even more just because the fact that I was being treated as if I was the boss of some big company. Those flying machines could be compared to a limousine… but this wasn’t Earth, this was Purgatory, the second planet where humans were sent to.

I got inside that ‘car’ and I sighed. The tall man was soon seated in front of me, and the vehicle started flying just right after the doors were closed. I decided to stare at the scenery rather than at the man: what I saw were just blue buildings and boring people walking around them. The car was cold, and I shivered, but the man seemed fine. I glanced at him, a bit intimidated by his stare, and I gasped as the vehicle stopped. I got out and was greeted by another man and his secretary, a stiff young woman.

They showed my small bedroom and when they finally left, banging close the door, I sighed and I fell on the bed. This was my first day in the capital, so I didn’t have to work yet, but I already had my schedule. That woman had given me every information I needed for my new job, and I felt tired just looking at it.

7:10 – Wakeup call

7:30 – Breakfast

7:55 – Transfer to office

8:10 – Work

13:10 – Lunch

14:10 – Work

17:30 – Transfer to dorm

19:30 – Dinner

22:15 – Sleep time

I had weekends free from work, and it was clearly stated that I had to follow my schedule or I was going to face the consequences. I shivered, wondering what could happen to me; unfortunately, it seemed that I was also going to have a roommate, sooner or later. I groaned, whoever was this person, I didn’t want to meet him, because it meant that there were great possibilities that I had to help him and befriend him.

I turned towards the wall: there was a sheet of paper hanging there, and I sat to read it. I had more rules that I had to follow inside the dorm. Written in bold letters, it was stated that I wasn’t allowed to bring people from outside into the dorm; I rolled my eyes, I didn’t even had the time to meet someone outside my job, so it was a pretty stupid rule. I kept reading, most of the rules were the usual ones: do not fight, do not cause ruckus, dress properly and with your uniform…

I felt like I was going back to school, only that my home was thousands and thousands of kilometers away from me. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door; I stood up, surprised, and I stuttered a “Come in”. The door opened and a young man walked in, followed by a good-looking woman – probably another of the many secretaries of the place. “Are you employee number 2384?” He asked quietly. I glanced at my ID, which was previously put on my clothes before I reached my bedroom.

“Y-yes, I am, sir.” I answered him. I stared at the man, not expecting him to say much; he was incredibly young, probably the same age as me, and he already had an important job. I could bet he wasn’t from Earth, and I was jealous of him: he was handsome, and obviously with a lot of money in his hands. He could destroy my life whenever he wants and for whatever reason he could think of. “Right. I am Kim Jongin, and I am your boss. I control every activity of this floor, and I will be the one who will punish you whenever you break rules. I hope you won’t, though.”

I gulped, suddenly scared of him. I really didn’t expect him to be that important… I quickly nodded and I reassured him that I was going to be a perfect employee. “Sir, I can assure you that I have no intention on breaking the rules.” I stated. Kim Jongin nodded, with a small smile on his thick lips. “Good to hear that. We will see.” He glanced around, clearly bored to follow the protocol made of questions. “I see that you still don’t have a roommate. What do you think of being alone?”

I stared, even more surprised to hear that question. I started to fiddle with my fingers, and I replied, nervous. “I like it, sir. I don’t want to befriend anyone.” He hummed, and then he shrugged; he smirked and turned around, waving at me. “Nobody likes the thought of dying alone. Think about that, next time I meet you I want to talk about it.” I bowed, and I felt even more scared when I heard him muttering something else: “Number 2384… Oh Sehun. Let’s play together.”

Kim Jongin closed the door and I stood up once again, in the middle of the bedroom. I unconsciously fell into his trap, he had noticed me… I was going to be his plaything. I knew what rich and bored people could do to weaklings like me, and I already felt like my life was slipping away from my grip. I fell on my knees, as I understood what was going to happen to me. Kim Jongin was right, I didn’t want to die alone, and I certainly didn’t want to spend the rest of my life there, working for people who had destroyed my family. I gripped my shirt, feeling my heartbeat, and I gasped for air.

My boss’ words had hurt me, and I felt them inside my head; I thought I was going to be okay, I thought that I was ready for that kind of life, but the truth was that I wasn’t ready at all. What did Kim Jongin wanted from me? My body? Or maybe he just wanted to destroy and break me and my soul? I crawled to my bed and I covered my face using the blanket. I choked a scream of frustration and I closed my eyes. I just wanted to live a normal life, but it seemed that nobody wanted to give me the chance to breathe freedom and peace.

 


A/N:
Yes, I am late... but I'm studying Chinese at university, and things are not like in high school. 
Anyway I'm quite happy to post this first chapter, you will understand many things as you'll keep reading!
Ask me questions, maybe I won't reply but I probably will in next chapters! ^O^

Until next time, and don't forget to write me! >w<