Chapter 8

The One That Got Away

The Next Day…

Early in the morning, Seohyun had already woke up at 5am. She didn’t know why she woke up that early. At 5.30am, she was already in her clothes.

She tried to go to sleep for a while waiting for the clock to strike 6am, but she couldn’t. she was feeling nervous. The thoughts of them walking together later just made her feel like having butterflies in her stomach. She was really nervous that she kept on taking deep breathe a few times.

She looked at Taeyeon who was sleeping soundly beside her. she wanted to wake her up, buts he can’t bear to wake her up after seeing her study late last night.

Just then, she remembered that she promised Luhan that she will wake him up.

-Wake up, boss! ^^

She waited for his reply, but he didn’t reply. She assumed that maybe he still hadn’t woke up. She thought about calling him, but it will be prideless for her to call a man. So, she restrained herself from doing that.

“Oh whatever! I’m not waiting for his reply.” She said.

She hated feeling this way.

Luhan is not even his boyfriend, but she kept on think of him as one. Without herself knowing, she’s mad at him over something small, just like how a girlfriend got mad at her boyfriend for something small.

Just then, her phone rang.

-Hey, woke up already. I bet you just woke up, right?

She smiled as she saw his reply.

-Yah! I woke up at 5am, okay… way more early than you.

-LOL… are you done?

-Yeah, I’m done. You?

-Yeah, I’m on my way out now. I’ll wait for you at the security guard.

She smiled and went out.

On the way to the gate, she was feeling nervous. She felt like going back to the dormitory and tell him that she will not be joining him. She was feeling butterflies in her stomach.

The thoughts of the two of them walking together is driving her crazy. She never even thought about that.

When she was reaching the gate, she saw a boy sitting under a hut ebside the security guard. It couldn’t be him right, she thought.

Just when she approached the hut, the boy stood up and turned around. It was him! It was Luhan!

Oh my god, she screamed inside her heart. She didn’t thought he will be waiting her there. She thought that he will be waiting for her in the bus, just like how he treated his other girl friends.

He looked like he caught a cold, since he’s using his handkerchief to cover his mouth and part of his nose.

Even so, he still smiled at her. she smiled back.

“Hey, did you caught a cold?” She asked.

“I’m fine.” He smiled.

“You don’t look like you’re fine. Did you eat your medicine?” She asked. She was worried about him.

“It’s okay. Not that bad.” He said.

Then, they went out and met some of their friends, also waiting for bus.

“Hmm…. I smelled a new couple blossom.” Kris laughed as he saw the two of them coming out from the gate together.

“Nonsense, Kris.” Seohyun smirked.

“Luhan ah, new girl.” Minho raised his eyebrows.

“It’s not.” Luhan laughed. It was clear that he didn’t want others to be with Seohyun. Even when waiting for the bus, he was standing closely to her.

When the bus came, they went in. Luhan got to entered the bus as one of the earliest, but then he realized that Seohyun was aparted from her. he called for her and she came. He quickly told her to enter first, then he followed behind her.

They sat together.

Seohyun was feeling realy weird. Her heart can’t stop beating crazily. She kept on thinking about how the two of them resembles a couple.

He was taking care of her, though indirectly, but she could still feel the sensation.

 


 

After they finished the mass in the church, they went out. Sadly, Seohyun didn’t sit with Luhan during the mass, as the warden had already told her to sit in front.

She went out alone and didn’t see him anywhere.

She assumed that maybe he had already left, leaving her all alone. Well, she didn’t even expecting that he might walked with her though.

So, she headed out to the gate. Then, her phone vibrated.

-Where are you?

She widened her eyes, trying to see the sender of the message. LUHAN.

He was searching for her. she felt so happy!

-I’m outside. Where are you?

Just a few seconds after she sent the message, Luhan came from behind.

“Hey, I was searching for you inside there like crazy, you know? I thought you couldn’t find your way out alone.” He laughed.

“Yah! I’m not a little girl that can’t find her way out.” She pouted.

“Oh really? Well then, go ahead.” He smiled, as he pointed to the gate. He was telling her to walk alone.

“Yah! I didn’t said that I want to walk alone. You know real well how I can’t be alone.” She looked at him. He laughed.

The only way for them to go back to their college is to walk to the bus terminal at the city. The church was located a bit far from the city, so they had to walk for 20 minutes to the city.

As they were walking, they tried to opened  a topic, so that they won’t get bored as it was only the two of them walking together. There were several friends of Luhan that was supposed to walk with them, but instead, they walked in front of them, leaving both of them a little bit far behind.

 


 

“How come you only come alone? I thought Sunny was going with you.” Luhan said.

She glared at him as she stopped walking,

He noticed that she wasn’t walking beside her, so he quickly turned around and found out that he she was standing still at the back.

“What are you doing standing there?” He asked.

She still glared at him and said, “Fine! Then I won’t go next time. Instead, I’ll tell Sunny to instead.”

He smiled. He knew that she was being jealous.

“I didn’t mean it like that.”

“You did!”

“Okay, let’s say I did. So, let’s go!” He smiled dragging her along. He knew that he would be giving in too much to her if he was going to play around with her.

He thought that it would be better for her if he was being strict.

Seohyun, who was speechless of his actions, just walked along as he was dragging her. Though she was actually feeling disappointed that he didn’t show the reaction that she wants, but she was still happy because he was dragging her like a man.

Seohyun liked it when someone treated her like a little child. She also liked at when someone is being nice to others, but harsh to her. at least, she could feel the different if him treating her differently from others.

“Why did you decided to go to early morning? Don’t you usually go to the latter?” He asked, again.

“I’m seriously pissed off with you! Are you troubled that I am going to the early morning? Why? Were you planning to go on a date with another girl after this?” She attacked him with various stupid questions.

“Now, you are talking nonsense.” Luhan laughed.

“Well, if itsn’t you who started it, I won’t be talking like this then!”

“Oh ok fine. I’m the one at fault.” He gave up. She kept on attacking him with questions.

Seohyun formed a small smile on her face.

“Are you mad?” She asked, innocently, as she approached him from behind. He didn’t bother to look at her.

She smiled, knowing that he was pissed off. She clung onto his arm slowly.

Slowly, Luhan’s face formed a small smile as she clung onto his arm. But still, he still tried his best to maintain his pissed off face.

“I was just kidding.” She said, giving in to him, as she let go of his arm. Then, she walked in front of him, leaving him behind.

She knew that this way might be the best way to make him come back to her again. She will pretended to be serious and he will come playing with her again.

Just like what Seohyun had predicted, Luhan really did went after her.

“Yah, let’s walk together.” He said.

Seohyun looked at him and flashed her angel-like smile.

“You really know how to make a person come to like you, huh?” He smirked. She smiled.

 


 

When they reached the city, they quickly find a restaurant to eat breakfast. They met up again with Luhan’s friends.

“Where are we going to eat?” Jonghyun asked.

“Let’s eat at the restaurant that we went last week. The food’s quite good.” Minho said.

The rest seemed to agree with Lay, so they headed to the restaurant.

Seohyun just kept quiet as it was the first time she followed them. She just stood quietly beside Luhan.

Luhan and Seohyun walked at the back of their friends.

“Do you want to eat anything else?” He asked.

“No.” She smiled.

He was worried that maybe she won’t like to eat simple food like the restaurant, where they only eat fried rice. He thought that she might like it if they eat at fast food restaurant such as KFC or Mc Donald.

“If you want to go to the KFC….”

“KFC? Do you think I always eat there?” She said.

“Well, I was just worried that you might not be comfortable eating with my friends.” He said.

“Yah, it’s not like I don’t know your friends. Besides, I’ve hang out with them once with you that day, right? I think they’re good and your friends are my friends as well.” She smiled.

For some reason, his heart seemed to be warmed by her words.

 


 

After they ate, they started to break up again because some of them wanted to go home and some of them wanted to go roam the city again.

Seohyun and Luhan went to the supermarket to buy some food for their dorm. However, Seohyun dragged him to the second level, which is where all the clothes are.

“Yah, Seohyun ah! Where are you bringing me?” He said, when Seohyun dragged him to the escalator.

She just smiled.

 


 

Strangely, unlike other girls, Seohyun went to the boys clothing instead of girls clothing. She went toc heck out the long sleeve shirt.

“Seohyun ah, why are you into boys clothing?” Luhan asked.

“I don’t know. When I saw all of you guys wearing long sleeve shirts, you guys looked so attractive. Especially when you fold your sleeves.” She smiled.

Luhan looked at her as he formed a smile on his face. How can she be so honest, he thought.

“Do you tell other guys about this too?” He asked.

She widened her eyes, not understanding what he meant.

“Do you tell them that you like their sleeves being fold too?”

“No. I’m not close with them, so I don’t tell. I only tell you and Baekhyun.” She replied.

He smiled, nodding. Hearing the word ‘close’ made him happy.

She continued to browse some shirt and finally picking a shirt white black and grey stripes on it. She put the shirt on Luhan’s body. He just looked at her as if he’s letting her doing whatever she wants with his body.

“This really suits you a lot.” She smiled as she put it back to the original place.

He smiled and said,” That’s good to hear.”

Seohyun rolled her eyes and went to see other shirts.

Then, after the window shopping, it was time to go back to the dormitory. They went to the bus station.

While waiting for a bus, some of their friends came.

“Hey, Luhan!” A girl said.

“Oh hey Chorong!” Luhan smiled.

“Who is she? It couldn’t be your girlfriend, right?” Chorong smiled.

Seohyun just smiled.

“Nah, she’s my best friend.”

“Really? It surprises me that you going out with your best friend. I bet there’s more to that.”

With that, Seohyun face became red. She was shy.

When they got into the bus, they sat next to each other.

Then, Luhan took out his mp3 and gave the left earphone to her, so that they can listen to the music together.

“Oh, isn’t this Michael Learns To Rock’s?” She asked.

“Yepp, it is. It’s a really good song. Breaking heart.”

“I love it.”

“Yup, I know. You told me that you grew up with oldies song. The same goes to me. How I really love those songs.”

“Oh do you have any songs to recommend me?”

“Do you mind listening to songs that in the 70s? I mean Beatles and all?”

“Oh Beatles! My dad used to like them. The Righteous Brother too! Eagles!” Seohyun was getting excited.

“Right! Eagles! I have their songs in my mp3. Want to hear it?” Luhan said, while pressing next until Eagles’ song came out.

After listening to the song, she was very satisfied with it.

“You know, I like oldies song more than these days song. There is meaning to it.” Seohyun said.

“Yeah, you have the same favourite music genre with me! That’s good! We can share many songs later then.”