Butterflies

Peter Pan

My feet brought me to my high school building, right next to my elementary school. As the click of my heels echoed along the hallway, I just absent-mindedly walk to the school’s backyard, as out of habit.

 

The backyard too, didn’t change too much. Doesn’t care too much about the soft soil my Jimmy Choo heels stepped on, I approach a corner. Our secret garden.

 

There’s nothing too special about this secret garden. It’s just a place for Baekhyun and I after we decide that going to our Neverland is not convenient since we’re now a high schooler. There’s just a big tree shading a small park bench, where Baekhyun and I will usually sit during lunch break while watching basketball or volleyball team’s field practice.

 

I brushed the dried leaves off the bench and sat myself down, looking at the empty sports field. Leaning myself on the back, I watch the fallen leaves as I fall into another flashback trance.

 

-Flashback-

Baekhyun is sniffling again for the nth time. “Oh please, Pete.. For PETE’S SAKE.” I emphasized the word ‘Pete’. “She’s not worth your tears, you know?”

 

Baekhyun is experiencing his first crush, and also, his first heartbreak. Baekhyun still sobbing occasionally while wiping his nose with his uniform sleeve. His first crush, Sohee, turn down his confession, and then walk hand in hand with the student council president.

 

And of course. It breaks Baekhyun’s heart, and now here we are, in our secret garden, with Baekhyun and his silent sobs.

 

Deep down in my heart, seeing Baekhyun cry pinched my heart. I also can’t explain this feeling. It’s just… I feel like I can feel his pain.

 

I his back, occasionally patting him. “It’s okay, Pete.. She’s not worth it.” my tone soften. “I’m sure you will find someone much better than her.” I held his chin, lifting his face and wiping his remaining tears with my handkerchief. “So now stop crying, and show her that you’re okay even without her.” I squished both of his cheek “Got it?”

 

He stared at me momentarily and immediately smiled at my words. And to my surprise, he circled his arms around my waist. Hugging me, and resting his forehead on my shoulder. “Thank you, Tink.. I don’t know what would I be without you. Thank you..” he whispered. A bit hoarse, but loud enough for me to hear.

 

This gestures giving me a weird feelings. Like a thousand of butterflies flipping inside my stomach. Blood rises to my heated cheeks. My heart thumping wildly in my chest. My eyes blinked in surprise, trying to process what was happening. But Baekhyun’s faint sob bring my senses back. Brushing off those thought aside for a while, I draped my hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder and gives him a gentle squeeze. “Anytime, Pete..”

 

-End of flashback-

 

Picking one of the dried leaves from the vacant spot beside me, I twirl it between my fingers. Little did I know at that time, that those weird feeling will actually developed into something bigger. Love.

 

Dusting off my pencil skirt, I raise from my seat, proceeding to the next place in my memory lane. The place where my Peter Pan met his Wendy, and the place I realize my broken heart.

 

 


A/N: Hi! This is my first author note in this story. Well, I want to say thank you for my subscribers and viewers. Because you see, English is not my main language and I make mistakes here and there. But still, thank you for still subscribing and reading this story!

Anyway, can you guys give me a comment about how this story is so far? A little encouragement maybe? *wink* *wink* Thank you :)