Practice

When Two Worlds Collide

SHINee had practiced in the school’s dance studio 3 hours after class every day for 17 days straight so they would be prepared for their intermission number during the acquaintance party. Surprisingly, Key picked up the dance moves  quickly and was able to learn the song within a week which gave them enough time to perfect the whole routine and work out the little kinks the routine had.

 

“ 5, 6, 7, 8!” Onew shouted. He hit the play button and quickly ran to his place.

 

Song for my Juliette!

 

Ssoda jildeut han dalbit yeoksi eodu-

 

Jonghyun’s singing was cut off when somebody stopped the music

 

“ It’s 7:30 you know? You guys deserve a break…and food…and water.” Taeyeon chuckled as she stood by the door with 2 bags full of junk food and bottles of water.

 

“Noona, those are all junk food!” Jjonghyun pouted. “They’re not healthy and they’re gonna mess with our metabolism in a way that I’m sure will also affect our performance!” he said as he tried to keep the 4 boys from eating the chips.

 

“ You’ve been making these boys eat healthy for 2 weeks now,” she laughed at Minho, Taemin, Onew and Key who lunged like wolves at the plastic bag. “They need some junk food in their system you know, it’ll make these boys more hyped up for your performance on friday.” She said as she winked at her younger brother.

 

“ Taengoo, you’re speaking as if you’re older than all of us.” Onew half scolded half

 

“ That’s because I technically am Dubu. Merong!” she said as she stuck her tongue out

 

“ Maybe so, but only by a few months!” Onew narrowed his eyes as he saw the smirk forming on taeyeon’s face.

 

“ 9 months is not a few Dubu.” She replied smugly as she turned around to face the mirror and fix her hair. “ If you think about it, I’m practically your-“ Taeyeon was cut off as Onew  came up beside her and tickled her sides.

 

“Don’t you dare say it Kim Taeyeon! You’re just going to put yourself in more trouble!” He smirked. Taeyeon kept jerking and eventually fell to the floor because of Onew’s tickling. “ The only way you’re getting away from me is if and when you call me your oppa.”  He laughed as he emphasized the word “oppa”.  Without the pair noticing, the 4 boys slipped out of the room to give them some privacy.

 

“ NEVER!” she laughed stubbornly as Onew continued to tickle her.

 

“ Is that your final answer?” Onew grinned as she writhed in his grasp, trying in vain to escape.

 

“YE-“ her sentence was cut short as another wave of painful laughter was caused by her best friend’s ruthless tickling. “Okay okay! I’m sorry Jinki oppa!” she half screamed half laughed with tears in her eyes.

 

“HA! As always, I win!” Onew stated as he looked at her best friend who was on the floor still laughing.

 

“Fine fine, whatever.” She laughed.  “Now help me up OPPA.” She said sarcastically

 

“With pleasure,” he said as he offered his hand and started to stand up.

 

Unfortunately, Onew didn’t notice he was stepping on his shoelace until he stepped back. When he stepped on his shoelace, he fell back and instinctively grabbed the next thing he thought could prevent his fall. The nearest thing he could grab, was Taeyeon, her arms to be exact. His sudden pull caused Taeyeon to jerk forward, practically fly a foot off the ground and slam into him. Now usually, his sangtae wasn’t a problem for Taeyeon, but this time he didn’t get a bruise or a scratch. He got a kiss. Their lips touched for a brief moment because of the impact but that was technically a kiss right?

 

Taeyeon rolled off of Onew and stood up as if nothing happened. Bringing a hand to her lips, she gently brushed it with her fingertips. Probably checking for cuts, he thought. But then she looked at Onew and quickly turned away, a blush staining her cheeks. He knew this was her first kiss and he felt bad for taking it that way.

 

“Look Taengoo, I didn’t mean for that to happen.” He whispered as he stood up himself

 

“N-No, it’s okay Jinki. It's fine. I mean, i-it was an accident right?” she stuttered.

 

“ No. I-I’m sorry. Your first kiss shouldn’t have happened that way. And I want to change that.” He said boldly.

 

“Huh?” she asked with wide eyes, confusion etched into her features as she faced him.

 

“ I don’t want you to think that it shouldn’t have been me who was your first kiss.” He stated

 

“ Jinki I never sai-“ her sentence was cut short as he pressed his fingers to her lips.

 

“ Taengoo, I don’t want you to think that your first kiss was just with your best friend. Frankly, I’m tired of that word. It’s been overused between the two of us for over  16 years. You see, the thing is, I…I don’t want to be your best friend anymore..” he said as she flinched.

 

“B-but Jinki…I don’t understand…Why? She asked as she bit her lip to prevent her tears from falling.

 

“It’s not what you think Taengoo,” he chuckled as he ruffled her hair in an attempt to ease her tension

 

“Then what is it?” she asked as she held her breath, anticipating what he was going to say.

 

“ Well you see Taeng,” he started nervously as he scratched the back of his neck. He took both of her hands in his and gave them a light squeeze as he looked her straight in the eye. With a deep breath and a leap of faith he blurted out,

 

“ I’m in love with you.”