Flurry

Love Stood Still

Pie nods. Kim walked towards her. "S-Since when?"

 

Pie controlled her tears. "Since S-Singapore.."

 

She felt Kim's rapid breathing. "I'm.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you s--"

 

"Why?" Kim controlled her emotion

 

"K-Kim.. I was so afraid I'll lose you.."

 

"You'll lose me?!" Kim moved closer frowning

 

Pie stepped backward. "K-Kim.. I was thinking w-we could start all over again.."

 

"By pretending Pie?" She took another step forward

 

"It's not that.. It's.. Y-You know what's wrong with us.."

 

Kim pauses. "What's wrong with us?" Her expression softened

 

Pie cried & hugs her. "Kim.. We had a fight the night I got the accident.."

 

".. Things between us weren't working no matter how hard we try.."

 

"You should have told me Pie.. It is OUR relationship, not YOUR relationship. You let me went through hell.."

 

Pie sobs. "I'm sorry Kim.. I thought that was the only way.."

 

Kim let go of her. "You thought you're the only one who could save this relationship?"

 

Pie can't find her words.

 

"I was worried sick thinking how to take you back.. How to make you remember me.."

 

".. and yet you were keeping it to yourself all this time.. Thinking that it is the better way to save our relationship.."

 

Kim couldn't control her tears. "You didn't even consider how I feel Pie.. Yes, it is good to create new memories.. But the memories you were trying to erase were treasures for me. You didn't even gave a single value to it."

 

Pie held her hand, "Kim.. That's not true.. "

 

"Everything was not true." Kim turned her back & heads to her car. 

 

Pie sobs in the floor as Yam tries to console her. "Pie.." She hugs her

 

"I.. I thought --"

 

"Sshh.. Hush now Pie.. Just give her time to think.. Everything will be fine.."

 

Pie cried all night trying to reach Kim's phone.. (The number you dialed..)

 

She released a sigh. 

 

Door knocks. "Pie?" Her mom calls

 

"Come in mom.."

 

"Pie.." Her mom sat beside her

 

"We were not able to fix it mom.."

 

"What happened?"

 

"She was so mad.. And s-she doesn't take time to understand.."

 

Her mom held her hand. "It's because she was hurt Pie.. You should understand her too.."

 

Pie lay in her bed. "If she really want us to work out she should have talk to me & tried to understand my reasons atleast.."

 

Her mom shook her head. "Sometimes Pie.. There are things that is need to be tackle if both of you are ready. Give her time. and give yourself a space. I guess both of you need that. You two keep pushing to work on things while you're not totally prepared for it."

 

"You mean, I should let her cool her head first before I talk to her again?"

 

Her mom smiled. "All I'm saying is, you two should be prepared to face everything. You'll understand my point eventually Pie.."

 

Pie appears confused but chooses to keep her words.

 

The Lake

 

Phone rings

 

"Yes?"

 

"Kim.. H-How are you?" Yam on the other line

 

She released a sigh. "I'm okay. I guess. How.. Hmm. How's Pie?"

 

"I drove her home earlier. I don't really understand what happened Kim. But I hope you two could sort things out. It doesn't feel any better seeing her like that."

 

"It's complicated Yam.."

 

"I can feel it. Where are you?"

 

"Lake."

 

"I'm on my way."

 

"Huh? Yam--" She sighs as Yam ends the call.

 

She lay in the turf facing the sunset. What am I gonna do with you Pie? I wanted to have you back but it hurts like hell. You did it on purpose.. You practically hurt me on purpose.. She released a sigh again & closed her eyes.

 

"I love you Kim.." Pie smiled as she opened her eyes & hugs her

 

"Pie.. Let's get married."

 

Pie giggles. "How can we? How is it going to happen?"

 

Kim smiled & held her hand. "Let's go travel again. Let's get married anywhere it is allowed to happen.."

 

Pie pauses & faces her. "Van asked me to marry him.."

 

shut in shocked. Pie continues. "I want to have a family of my own Kim.. I want to have a baby.."

 

"W-What.. is this P-Pie?"

 

"I will marry him.." I will marry him.. Will marry him.. Marry him.. 

 

"Nooo!" The words echoed in her head as she woke up & find Yam staring at her

 

"Kim.. Are you okay?"

 

She felt her heart trembles & faces her. "Y-Yam.."

 

Yam hugs her. "It's alright.. Come on.. Let's have a cup of coffee."

 

Yam held her hand as they walked in to the coffee shop.

 

"Good evening." The lady from the counter greeted

 

"Hello. 2 cups of premium please." Yam ordered

 

The lady smiled. "Your boyfriend is cute. Would he like a cream?"

 

Yam smiled. "Nah.. Black would do."

 

The lady took the payment & hands the receipt.

 

"The lady said you're cute.." Yam opens as they seated

 

Kim shrug, shows no interest.

 

Yam chuckles. "Hey.. Am I alone here?"

 

"I.. I'm sorry Yam."

 

Yam smiled. "Cheer up there handsome. Everything will be fine.."

 

"Here's your premium." Another staff served their order; pauses & stare at Kim

 

Yam giggles. "Do you still need something Kim? The lady is waiting."

 

"Uh!" Kim faces the staff. Why is she blushing? "I'm sorry.. This is all I need. Thank you Miss."

 

Yam giggles again & drop her spoon on the table purposely. The lady seems to be awakened in her day dream.

 

"Uhm.. Y-Yeah.. Sorry. Please call me if you need anything."

 

Yam controlled her laughs as the lady hurriedly went back to the counter

 

Kim raised an eyebrow. "What?"

 

"You've got fans."

 

Kim sigh & took her phone. She hands it to Yam. 

 

"What's this?"

 

Kim smiled. "Give it to that lady & kindly asked to take us a picture."

 

Yam smiled. "I like that. Wait." 

 

Yam went back with the staff. Kim transferred to sit beside her.

 

Yam blushed as Kim put her hand on her shoulder. "Come on smile.."

 

"Y-Yeah.."

 

"Eiii! Thanks.." Kim cheerfully said as she took back the camera. "Now I have something to keep from you aside from Yam the pup."

 

Yam smiled. "You talked like I can never see you again."

 

Kim pauses & faked a smile. "That's silly. Come on let's go home. I still have a flight to catch tomorrow."

 

Yam nods & they walked to the car park.

 

"So.."

 

"Hmm?" Kim smiled

 

"I'll see you again next week?"

 

"Ah..Yeah. Sorry we didn't finish your lesson.."

 

Yam smiled. "Its okay.. I'll just order one."

 

Kim nods. "Okay. Take care Yam.."

 

Yam took steps closer & kiss Kim.. 

 

"Uh.. Y-Yam.." Kim lost her words in surprised

 

Yam smiled. "In case you change your mind.. I'm just here Kim." She lets go & headed to her car

 

Kim watched Yam's car driving away. Yam..